The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Birmingham University accommodation advice

Opinions on accommodation at the University of Birmingham? I have an offer to study at UoB but I'm not sure which to choose, I like going out but only once a week or every other week and want to live somewhere that is nice, clean and not too loud! I'd prefer ensuite and don't want to be really far from the University, I'm considered the Vale is a bit of a trek?
Reply 1
Original post by Liv Reid
Opinions on accommodation at the University of Birmingham? I have an offer to study at UoB but I'm not sure which to choose, I like going out but only once a week or every other week and want to live somewhere that is nice, clean and not too loud! I'd prefer ensuite and don't want to be really far from the University, I'm considered the Vale is a bit of a trek?

I'm currently living on in student accommodation so I should be able to help!
From what you described I would consider looking into Pritchatts park as it's much closer than the Vale and from what I can remember the accommodation was quite nice! In terms of the Vale I personally don't find it too much of a trek (about 20 minutes to walk). Mason and Chamberlain are really nice but a bit on the pricey side. Shakleton is also okay but was quite loud in Freshers etc. because it's above the hub and student bar. Tennis is the party central so I would avoid that but honestly anywhere can be noisy! Sorry that wasn't really a definitive answer! Have any caught your eye?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
I'm also trying to figure this out. I was thinking potentially of the host accommodation (victoria hall) or maybe Jarrett Hall because they're both near to campus and also en-suite.
Reply 3
Original post by AHC25
I'm currently living on in student accommodation so I should be able to help!
From what you described I would consider looking into Pritchatts park as it's much closer than the Vale and from what I can remember the accommodation was quite nice! In terms of the Vale I personally don't find it too much of a trek (about 20 minutes to walk). Mason and Chamberlain are really nice but a bit on the pricey side. Shakleton is also okay but was quite loud in Freshers etc. because it's above the hub and student bar. Tennis is the party central so I would avoid that but honestly anywhere can be noisy! Sorry that wasn't really a definitive answer! Have any caught your eye?

Yeah I'd prefer to be closer to campus than a 20 minute walk. I like the look of Jarratt Hall and Bournbrook. Have you heard anything about them?
Reply 4
Original post by Amynadia0033
I'm also trying to figure this out. I was thinking potentially of the host accommodation (victoria hall) or maybe Jarrett Hall because they're both near to campus and also en-suite.

Yeah I'm thinking about Jarrat Hall but I haven't looked at Victoria Hall, I'll have a look at it now, thanks
Reply 5
Original post by Liv Reid
Yeah I'd prefer to be closer to campus than a 20 minute walk. I like the look of Jarratt Hall and Bournbrook. Have you heard anything about them?

My friend stayed in Jarratt a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it! I've vaguely heard of Bournbrook but don't know anyone who stays there!
Reply 6
Original post by AHC25
My friend stayed in Jarratt a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it! I've vaguely heard of Bournbrook but don't know anyone who stays there!

That's good to hear, ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending