The Student Room Group

THOUSANDS march through Scotland's capital against state visit by DRUMPF

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I want communism to come back. I might finally have a step on the working ladder.
Well I hope they had fun.

Now they can give themselves a pat on the back for their superficial virtue while ignoring the actions of genuinely reprehensible world leaders.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Sahcasm
Fairly sure these type of people also boycott Israel.

I also imagine they're the kind of people who get rather excited about nutjobs like Fidel Castro, Stalin, Trotsky, Hugo Chavez, Mao Zedong and other individuals of that ilk. Trump may be a bit of a nutter but I'd actually take him over Corbyn as PM.

Bring back Thatcher :wink:

16-badass-photos-of-margaret-thatcher.jpg
Original post by Mathemagicien
Sahcasm
Fairly sure these type of people also boycott Israel.

Which only confirms that they are very unlikely to have ever protested the actions of genuinely reprehensible world leaders with a left wing or Muslim bent.
Filthy commies.

#PunchACommie
Original post by Tempest II
I also imagine they're the kind of people who get rather excited about nutjobs like Fidel Castro, Stalin, Trotsky, Hugo Chavez, Mao Zedong and other individuals of that ilk. Trump may be a bit of a nutter but I'd actually take him over Corbyn as PM.

Really???

Original post by Dodgypirate
Filthy commies.

#PunchACommie

The only way your kind know how to solve problems :rofl:
Filthy commies.

#PunchACommie

Original post by cbreef

The only way your kind know how to solve problems :rofl:

'Your kind'. What are you on about, I'm not AntiFa
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

You can't stop us, it's too late.
Reply 10

Thatcher and Reagan started globalisation. She is the devil. The working class are screwed because of her.
Original post by RedManc
Thatcher and Reagan started globalisation. She is the devil. The working class are screwed because of her.

What?

I thought they were screwed because the Labour party opened up the country to unlimited cheap labour from E.Europe.

You live and learn!
'Your kind'. What are you on about, I'm not AntiFa

If you're not a 'AntiFa', then you're just 'Fa'.... A fascist.
Reply 13
Original post by joe cooley
What?

I thought they were screwed because the Labour party opened up the country to unlimited cheap labour from E.Europe.

You live and learn!

Its because of Blair and Thatcher. Or Blatcher.
Original post by cbreef
If you're not a 'AntiFa', then you're just 'Fa'.... A fascist.

I'm a Commie killer.
You can't stop us, it's too late.

I'm a Commie killer.

We didn't expect more from an open uni grad
These people need to realise that Trump doesn't give a **** lol
Original post by cbreef
Really???

Seeing as Corbyn has sympathised with terrorist groups like the IRA & Hamas, has accepted money from Iran, stands with the totally anti-West & pro-Russian Stop the War Coalition and would render the UK's nuclear deterrent unless (but would probably have to build the Submarines just to keep Labour voters happy) then yes.
Seeing as Corbyn has sympathised with terrorist groups like the IRA & Hamas, has accepted money from Iran, stands with the totally anti-West & pro-Russian Stop the War Coalition and would render the UK's nuclear deterrent unless (but would probably have to build the Submarines just to keep Labour voters happy) then yes.

Let's not forget our current government still supports Authoritarian regimes such as the one in Saudi Arabia. The submarines would have go through parliament with absolutely no guarantee of a majority. Tories would definitely vote against, as would some of Labour and the Lib Dems.
Original post by RedManc

Much of the malaise that damaged the working class began in the 1970s. The unions sowed the wind by bringing down democratically elected governments. They then reaped the whirlwind then Thatcher came to power.
Both Thatcher & Reagan had to turn around the disaster of the 1970s under difficult circumstances. They may have started globalisation but it continued under both Labour & Democratic parties. The reality is that is a industry isn't profitable, then, unless it's essential for nation defence, it has no place.
Both leaders helped to crush the USSR - between them they won the Cold War & freed Eastern Europe from the Soviet domination. After the repercussions of the Vietnam War, the Watergate scandal, the oil embargo & general economic mismanagement, the West was very much struggling against the Soviet Union. However, the 1980s saw a total turn around & by the end of the decade, Western military & economy power was unmatched which was why the USSR fell.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending