The Student Room Group

OUTRAGE as NAZI ANTHEM sung at TENNIS TOURNAMENT

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Who cares

**** the anti-Whites destroying our people

The worse thing that ever happened to White British people was fighting the Germans
Original post by Mathemagicien
The United States Tennis Association has apologised after a version of the German national anthem associated with the Nazi era was accidentally sung at a tournament in Hawaii.

The obsolete first verse, including the NAZI words "Germany, Germany above all else" was sung by a soloist at the Fed Cup.

The error left members of the German team and fans upset and angry, which in turn left members of the Israeli team nervous.

The USTA extended "a sincere apology to the German Fed Cup team and fans for the racist National Anthem".

"This mistake will not occur again," it said.

Germany's Andrea Petkovic and Alison Riske of the US were about to play their first-round tie when the anthem was heard.

The German player said it was "an absolute outrage and affront, the lowest," and that "it was by some way the worst thing that's happened to [her]".

The song, the Deutschlandlied, became the official German anthem under the democratic Weimar Republic in the 1920s.

It includes the verses "Deutschland, Deutschland, uber alles", which led to the NAZI GENOCIDE, as well as references to Germany's pre-WWII borders.

After World War Two, the first, racist verse was dropped and the Federal Republic adopted only the third verse beginning "Unity and justice and freedom".

The Fed Cup is the largest international team competition in women's tennis, and included 99 teams in 2015.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38948274

Just shows that the Germans are STILL NAZIS! Proof that the EU is the FOURTH REICH! Merkel = Hitler!

You mean the words that were written by a lefty poet and librarian in 1841.

Those words mean place the interests of Germany as an idea above Bavaria, above Saxony, above Baden, above Macklenburg-Strelitz etc
it is not as if they were singing

[video="youtube;MD6oDnm43HA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD6oDnm43HA[/video]

The obsolete first verse, including the NAZI words "Germany, Germany above all else" was sung by a soloist at the Fed Cup

Nazi words? Deutschland, Deutschland über alles was a call for national unity, not such a bad thing. I hope one day those words are reclaimed by liberals and progressives.
(edited 7 years ago)
The United States Tennis Association has apologised after a version of the German national anthem associated with the Nazi era was accidentally sung at a tournament in Hawaii.

The obsolete first verse, including the NAZI words "Germany, Germany above all else" was sung by a soloist at the Fed Cup.

The error left members of the German team and fans upset and angry, which in turn left members of the Israeli team nervous.

The USTA extended "a sincere apology to the German Fed Cup team and fans for the racist National Anthem".

"This mistake will not occur again," it said.

Germany's Andrea Petkovic and Alison Riske of the US were about to play their first-round tie when the anthem was heard.

The German player said it was "an absolute outrage and affront, the lowest," and that "it was by some way the worst thing that's happened to [her]".

The song, the Deutschlandlied, became the official German anthem under the democratic Weimar Republic in the 1920s.

It includes the verses "Deutschland, Deutschland, uber alles", which led to the NAZI GENOCIDE, as well as references to Germany's pre-WWII borders.

After World War Two, the first, racist verse was dropped and the Federal Republic adopted only the third verse beginning "Unity and justice and freedom".

The Fed Cup is the largest international team competition in women's tennis, and included 99 teams in 2015.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38948274

Just shows that the Germans are STILL NAZIS! Proof that the EU is the FOURTH REICH! Merkel = Hitler!

Why are you peddling lies? :rolleyes:

1st of all - the Germans don't use that version. The United States Tennis Association used the wrong version for which they apologised. And they apologised to the German team and German fans - how does this make your argument that it's the Germans' fault & they're still Nazis?

2ndly - the line 'Deutschland, Deutschland uber alles' predated the Nazis and was wish for the Germany to be united country and not a loose union of separate states (e.g. Bavaria, Prussia, etc) - which it was at the time. Nothing to do with pre-war borders.

3rdly - the Deutscherlied was revamped to remove the one verse to it make clear Germany's disassociation with the Nazi past, and disassociation from the version used during the Nazi era.

EU is not the 4th Reich, nor Merkel Hitler. For that you might want to look to USA under Trump or UKIP in UK, where many of their supporters are from far right groups.
None of the stories mention the name of the soloist. That is probably the Nazi in disguise, not the USTA who probably weren't even aware this fascist crackpot was going to sing it that way
So someone made a mistake, people got upset, and they apologised. HEADLINE NEWS!

Another mistake for the USTA.
First the lack of condemnation about the Bowling Green massacre and now this. :naughty:
One has to be incredibly idiotic to even think that any appearance of the pre-war German anthem is in any way a sign of resurgent nationalism.

The fact of the matter is that the German national anthem was written almost a hundred years before the Second World War - by August Hoffman in 1841, when there was no unified Germany, but a collection of German states; Prussia, Bavaria, among others. It was meant to symbolize the idea of a unified Germany being above those smaller states. Furthermore, it was in use by the Weimar Republic in 1922, over ten years before Hitler came to power.

The German national anthem, even with all of its original verses is still rather tame and nowhere as violent as the French national anthem, or as nationalistic as the British. Full lyrics of the Deutschlandlied are similar to many, many other national anthems and in no way unusual or unusually more nationalistic. Therefore, the mistake of playing a different version, especially by someone else than Germany, is really no issue at all.
What is the big deal about this?
Original post by AlexanderHam
None of the stories mention the name of the soloist. That is probably the Nazi in disguise, not the USTA who probably weren't even aware this fascist crackpot was going to sing it that way

Everything's a conspiracy, and there no chance of it being a genuine mistake for you guys isn't it?

When one set of lies is countered, you come up with another one.

May I ask your level of education? Coz its not very high from this side of the keyboard.
Good point.

Fascists have always liked their music; and tbh they have always been rather good at it. Probably to make up for their stupid arguments.

Good post, and yes I've seen Cabaret. This came to mind for me:

[video="youtube;kHmYIo7bcUw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmYIo7bcUw[/video]
Original post by ThePricklyOne
Everything's a conspiracy, and there no chance of it being a genuine mistake for you guys isn't it?

You mean to say, "Is it?". "Isn't it?" is a negative interrogatory that is grammatically incorrect in that context.

When one set of lies is countered, you come up with another one.

What on earth are you babbling about?

May I ask your level of education? Coz its not very high from this side of the keyboard.

Being lectured about my level of education by someone who uses "Coz", and whose grasp of the English language is so poor they don't know when to use "is it?" or "isn't it?", is like being accused of slouching by the Hunchback of Notre Drame.

I'm guessing you haven't seen me around on TSR before; if you had, you'd realise you're making an utter fool of yourself.

But please, continue stamping your tiny little foot and reading us hilarious sermons about your imagined superior educational attainments; I rather enjoy watching delusional people tie themselves in knots.

It includes the verses "Deutschland, Deutschland, uber alles", which led to the NAZI GENOCIDE

Even for you, Mathemagicien, it seems a bit of a stretch to claim that a song was the cause of the Holcaust.
I'm guessing you haven't seen me around on TSR before; if you had, you'd realise you're making an utter fool of yourself.

But please, continue stamping your tiny little foot and reading us hilarious sermons about your imagined superior educational attainments; I rather enjoy watching delusional people tie themselves in knots.

I don't need to see you around, your post speaks of ur low educational attainment (now do correct my use of 'ur' for your...ha ha ).

I 've noticed u (lol) haven't answered my point. U can't can you?Tiny brain that allows only the vocab of the mob mentality who could only read the Daily Hail? :biggrin:
Good point.

Fascists have always liked their music; and tbh they have always been rather good at it. Probably to make up for their stupid arguments.

God Save the Queen and the Star Spangled Banner are in triple time. You can't march to them, you can only waltz.
Original post by Good bloke
Even for you, Mathemagicien, it seems a bit of a stretch to claim that a song was the cause of the Holcaust.

Not sure what's happened to the dude. He used to post decent well thought out comments. Shame, really.
Original post by ThePricklyOne

I 've noticed u (lol) haven't answered my point. U can't can you?Tiny brain that allows only the vocab of the mob mentality who could only read the Daily Hail? :biggrin:

What a mess. Are you drunk? You seem barely capable of expressing yourself clearly in the English language. Perhaps it's your second language, in which case your lack of fluency is perhaps not wholly your own fault.
Liberal brainwashing. Sad!

#MakeMathemagicienSaneAgain

See what I mean?

I've never said you have to stop being who you are (a right winger).

Ur arguments might be stronger if you stop peddling lies. Or take off the 'Math..' from your handle 'coz Maths is science proven by evidence, and it's clear you don't go there any more.

So.............what happened to make you so bitter & twisted??
What a mess. Are you drunk? You seem barely capable of expressing yourself clearly in the English language. Perhaps it's your second language, in which case your lack of fluency is perhaps not wholly your own fault.

Maybe you're too old & senile to read?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending