The Student Room Group

Move or Stay for 6th form

I am in the dilemma of moving or staying for 6th form (A levels). My choices are either to stay at my current school (comprehensive state school) where the grades for A levels are OK and teachers for the subjects i have chosen are decent but i don't think they will push me or teach me to my full potential. Or move to a selective school where the grades are much higher and students are given the best opportunity to get the highest grades possible. The selective school however is further away and i will not be used to the surroundings. Anybody got an opinion for what I should do or the factors that i should be taking into account?
I think it all depends on what type of grades you really want and how they'll help you in the future. If you need excellent grades then you should definitley move. You'll get used to the surroundings and the early mornings will be worth it if you achieve the grades. You will not be surrounded by the same environment for your whole life. Go out there, explore, take risks and have fun! :smile: Hope this helped
Reply 2
Original post by Simran.Kailey
I think it all depends on what type of grades you really want and how they'll help you in the future. If you need excellent grades then you should definitley move. You'll get used to the surroundings and the early mornings will be worth it if you achieve the grades. You will not be surrounded by the same environment for your whole life. Go out there, explore, take risks and have fun! :smile: Hope this helped

Yeh, i know what you mean thanks a lot :h:

Quick Reply

Latest