The Student Room Group

University and Dropping an A level post-offer

Hey guys basically I got an offer a week ago from UCL for a MEng Mechanical Engineering and Business Finance at AAA including Maths and Physics. I am currently taking Maths, physics, chemistry, french but as I want to focus on getting the best grades possible in Maths and Physics would it be an issue if I dropped Chemistry? Also how lenient are UCL with regards to you making your grades? Thanks
Reply 1
Your offer is AAA including maths and physics; chemistry is not part of it if you can get A in French, so no, I do not think it would be a big problem.
Reply 2
Original post by Michiyo
Your offer is AAA including maths and physics; chemistry is not part of it if you can get A in French, so no, I do not think it would be a big problem.

Thanks mate, I was also wandering if I got a B in physics and an A in chem would that be of any help or is dropping chem and focusing mainly on physics be more advisable.
Reply 3
Contact the university and ask. That's the only way you can be certain.
Reply 4
Original post by KulawiT
Thanks mate, I was also wandering if I got a B in physics and an A in chem would that be of any help or is dropping chem and focusing mainly on physics be more advisable.

Since your offers requires A in maths and physics, you have to get A in these. IDK how lenient they are with grades, but I am not sure if they would accept you if you did not get A in both maths and physics.

if you think you can handle all four, do it. Do whatever you think is needed to get AAA, maths and physics included. Good luck! :h:
Reply 5
Original post by KulawiT
Hey guys basically I got an offer a week ago from UCL for a MEng Mechanical Engineering and Business Finance at AAA including Maths and Physics. I am currently taking Maths, physics, chemistry, french but as I want to focus on getting the best grades possible in Maths and Physics would it be an issue if I dropped Chemistry? Also how lenient are UCL with regards to you making your grades? Thanks

You must check with any universities you hold offers from BEFORE dropping any subject otherwise you are unilaterally changing your application which can invalidate it.

They might agree, or they might not. Only UCL, and any of your other universities, can answer.

Quick Reply

Latest