The Student Room Group

Arranged marriage....Pakistani advice

My family asked if I like a girl they know for marriage, so I mentioned a family friend that we all know. I dont know her well but a lot of my family were praising her ie her being decent and helping out in the house and praying.

So me and my uncle might go visit them for a few days, they live away from us so i'll be staying there.

But im new to this whole game, I have spoken to girls. However if im at her house, I cant really start flirting with her or talking to her in front of her family. I mean when do I get her number.

I would like to take my time and not rush into anything. I dont know how to approach the situation.

If anyone has been through an arranged marriage please advice.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You approach the situation with calm and not to overthink things. Go with the flow - planning at this stage is unlikely to be beneficial.
Original post by Anonymous
My family asked if I like a girl they know for marriage, so I mentioned a family friend that we all know. I dont know her well but a lot of my family were praising her ie her being decent and helping out in the house and praying.

So me and my uncle might go visit them for a few days, they live away from us so i'll be staying there.

But im new to this whole game, I have spoken to girls. However if im at her house, I cant really start flirting with her or talking to her in front of her family. I mean when do I get her number.

I would like to take my time and not rush into anything. I dont know how to approach the situation.

Bump

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I like how one of the criteria is 'she helps around the house' lol
The main question is how many rotis she makes per minute.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A321
I like how one of the criteria is 'she helps around the house' lol
The main question is how many rotis she makes per minute.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How round they are is more important 😂
People over rate the rotis, the daal and the sabji gotta be on point too tho, cant just eat rotis like bread rolls
Original post by Casisalive
People over rate the rotis, the daal and the sabji gotta be on point too tho, cant just eat rotis like bread rolls

Why not lol
Have you ever had nutella on roti? Or sugar and butter on roti? Not always about the daal :colondollar:
Original post by Ammmaaaraah
Why not lol
Have you ever had nutella on roti? Or sugar and butter on roti? Not always about the daal :colondollar:

I dont know what pind you came from but my bibi doesn't put nutella on my rotis, but sugar in a paratha pretty good
Reply 8
Why not lol

Never had nutella on roti. But butter and sugar OR butter and salt is amazing. I've not had a roti in forever :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I dont know what pind you came from but my bibi doesn't put nutella on my rotis, but sugar in a paratha pretty good

Try it, it was an experiment that went right. No sugar and butter on roti is amazing. I'm Indian probably thats why lol
Original post by A321
Never had nutella on roti. But butter and sugar OR butter and salt is amazing. I've not had a roti in forever :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Butter and salt? Do you just sprinkle salt on lool
Why not? :frown:
Try it, it was an experiment that went right. No sugar and butter on roti is amazing. I'm Indian probably thats why lol

Fine ill try it but if i die of some roti + nutella related complications its on you
Fine ill try it but if i die of some roti + nutella related complications its on you

Lol I highly doubt it. In fact you'd be running to come and thank me for telling you about it. :yep:
Reply 13
Butter and salt? Do you just sprinkle salt on lool
Why not? :frown:

Lol pretty much. Don't get too generous with the salt though.

I feel guilty after eating a roti lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous

My brother got arranged married and his wife is great. She's very clever, caring, good with family, pious - which is a bonus coz he is too and most importantly, they share a lot of common interests.
I'd say take your time, get to know her and you don't need to flirt, just like ...ask what's her fav tv show? Or tell her a funny story or ask her what she did in uni or school?
However if from doing that, you gauge that you dont feel compatible, then don't feel pressured to follow through. End of the day it's mutual decision.
Original post by A321
Lol pretty much. Don't get too generous with the salt though.

I feel guilty after eating a roti lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've never done that. I'm not a qualified salt sprinkler, might have to get salt bae to do it for me :colondollar:

Why lol. Roti is healthy if you use the wholemeal flour. (I think)
Reply 16
I've never done that. I'm not a qualified salt sprinkler, might have to get salt bae to do it for me :colondollar:

Why lol. Roti is healthy if you use the wholemeal flour. (I think)

Wtf is a salt bae. Is this some new thing with the kids lol

Yeh don't think we use wholemeal. There's nothing like eating a fresh hot roti lol. I like how this rishta thread has turned into a roti thread. OP can now teach his new wife all these roti tricks lol. :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol I highly doubt it. In fact you'd be running to come and thank me for telling you about it. :yep:

I am yet to learn how to make rotis but once the bibi gets home ill let you know how it went
Original post by A321
Wtf is a salt bae. Is this some new thing with the kids lol

Yeh don't think we use wholemeal. There's nothing like eating a fresh hot roti lol. I like how this rishta thread has turned into a roti thread. OP can now teach his new wife all these roti tricks lol. :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

lool salt bae is some viral turkish guy who sprinkles salt on the steak in a funny way basically. Just youtube salt bae.

Oh still one roti couldn't possibly hurt! I was thinking the same, just shows how important rotis are when considering a rishta lol.

I am yet to learn how to make rotis but once the bibi gets home ill let you know how it went

Roti making is an important life skill lol. Yes, do let me know how good it was! :h:
Original post by Houthi8
it's a troll, this keyboard warrior has been at it for months, creating anonymous Muslim/Pakistani threads to cause trouble, I thought TSR would catch on by now.

Im not a troll, its a genuine question.

Quick Reply

Latest