The Student Room Group

Alevels vs 6 day holiday

Hi all, this is really really urgent.

So it's February half term, and I'm doing my A2 in summer which starts from mid may... 13 weeks from now.
My cousin however is having his wedding this half term abroad and literally almost all of my family is going apart from a few and neither was i. Because of me, my dad hasn't gone either but my mum and brother have. Being in Pakistan, your BOUND to have an amazing four occasions wedding and I just know it's gonna be amazing and all.

However,I got aabc for my as and I'm aiming for at least aaa. I would say I'm low b/ high c in my subjects which just shows how much work I have to catch up on.

I need impartial advice. SHOULD I GO OR NOT. I'll have to leave day after tomorrow lol and get a last min flight. My family there are saying come and all, but my dad is saying it's wiser not to go. It's up to me and honestly idk what to do.

PLEASE HELP..
Definitely go. 100%. No point making yourself feel bad when exams are still months away.
Reply 2
Original post by HayahT
Hi all, this is really really urgent.

So it's February half term, and I'm doing my A2 in summer which starts from mid may... 13 weeks from now.
My cousin however is having his wedding this half term abroad and literally almost all of my family is going apart from a few and neither was i. Because of me, my dad hasn't gone either but my mum and brother have. Being in Pakistan, your BOUND to have an amazing four occasions wedding and I just know it's gonna be amazing and all.

However,I got aabc for my as and I'm aiming for at least aaa. I would say I'm low b/ high c in my subjects which just shows how much work I have to catch up on.

I need impartial advice. SHOULD I GO OR NOT. I'll have to leave day after tomorrow lol and get a last min flight. My family there are saying come and all, but my dad is saying it's wiser not to go. It's up to me and honestly idk what to do.

PLEASE HELP..

I'd say go honestly. However, is it not possible to revise whilst your abroad? I mean surely you could revise a little bit at night times (wherever you're staying) and also on the plane. It would be nice to get a little bit of revision done over the half term.
Go... exams are ages away
I'd say go because you have plenty of time to do work when you come back. I assume you can get some revision done while you are there? But I guess it depends on where you are staying and what the days compose of.
In the end it's up to you and whether you can manage the time left to complete everything! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest