The Student Room Group

Is zineryt for mild acne good?

I've just been given zineryt erythromycin zinc acetate lotion for my face I've just started breaking out first time in my life lol. My face isn't filled with pimples but it's the worst I've ever had it I currently have around 8/9 on my face some which have scabbed. Does anyone have any experiences with this? I'm hesitant to put it on my face because ive read reviews online that it has made a peoples face worse.
It's pretty much the first go to GPs will prescribe initially. You'd be encourage to give it a proper go at it before judging. This means using it for min 4 weeks (or whatever advised by your Gp) to give it the opportunity to work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by MGatsby
I've just been given zineryt erythromycin zinc acetate lotion for my face I've just started breaking out first time in my life lol. My face isn't filled with pimples but it's the worst I've ever had it I currently have around 8/9 on my face some which have scabbed. Does anyone have any experiences with this? I'm hesitant to put it on my face because ive read reviews online that it has made a peoples face worse.

Worked okay for me. That said mine is pretty mild and I found tea tree exfoliant works just as well or better than it.

It's topical so just try it out and if it makes things worse you can stop using it. I think it works by bringing things out so do still get the spots, but they come and go much faster (my experience anyway). It's not going to have any lasting effects if you stop using it so it's worth trying fo like a month and seeing how it goes.
If it doesn't work well for you just head back to your gp.
Original post by MGatsby

Didn't work one bit for me (back acne), what does work is Neutrogena body wash, I am sure they have a facial product as well (no sex jokes pls).
Reply 4
can I apply moisturiser after I've applied it on my face? it leaves my face pretty dry
Original post by Mustard-man
It's pretty much the first go to GPs will prescribe initially. You'd be encourage to give it a proper go at it before judging. This means using it for min 4 weeks (or whatever advised by your Gp) to give it the opportunity to work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I'm too scared to put all over my face like GP said and I'm only applying it to one pimple on my face. From what I've read online about zineryt, it has a mixed reception from people
Original post by Kindred
Worked okay for me. That said mine is pretty mild and I found tea tree exfoliant works just as well or better than it.

It's topical so just try it out and if it makes things worse you can stop using it. I think it works by bringing things out so do still get the spots, but they come and go much faster (my experience anyway). It's not going to have any lasting effects if you stop using it so it's worth trying fo like a month and seeing how it goes.
If it doesn't work well for you just head back to your gp.
Reply 6
Original post by MGatsby
I'm too scared to put all over my face like GP said and I'm only applying it to one pimple on my face. From what I've read online about zineryt, it has a mixed reception from people

Not a terrible idea. It left my skin kinda dry/ rubbery so it may be good to only apply it around the areas that need it. I think it's meant to help prevent after a while though which you won't get if you only apply it selectively. Still, could be good if nothing else than to test it out and make sure you don't have an annoying reaction.
Might be better to see if you can moisturise after (i'd say it should be fine after an hour or so at least, but maybe phone a pharmacy to ask).

I've personally found other methods worked better for me for 3 main reasons (results- not drying face out and not stinging like a b). Things i've tried are sugar scrubs and a couple of exfoliants or cleansers from body shop. I tried body shop cos most of their products are more plain and natural and most things that make stuff smell and look nice mean they don't work as well. Anyway all of those helped just as well as the zineryt for me and didn't hurt or smell as bad and didn't leave my skin feeling quite so nasty (or at least not for long).
It's all about the individual though so i'm not going to preach them to you. Just don't be afraid to have a bit of a look around before trying anything more intense than the zineryt or if you want to see if there's anything better. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by MGatsby
can I apply moisturiser after I've applied it on my face? it leaves my face pretty dry

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=non-comedogenic+moisturizer
Original post by MGatsby

Have you tried other things? I have always had bad acne due to a hormone imbalance and been on 2 different antibiotics which did help but im no longer on them and use a sugar crub and a light moisturiser and my skin is honestly better than its been.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I think about 2 and a Half months ago I had mild acne come up for me and it was my first time my face would have random inflamed spots so my doctor prescribed me zineryt she also prescribed for me a type of skin cream to use along with the zineryt as it often makes skin dry , after using it for 2 weeks my red spots starting reducing and I’ve been using it for about 2 months now and my skin has been pretty good. I suggest being regular with using it and avoiding not using it for a bit of time , I was shifting houses so for about a week I didn’t use it along with my period being near by and my face started to get a few pimples again but I got back to using it after and my face is getting okay again now.
4 years old...but for me personally no it didn't do anything and again treatments like this are just temp fixes.

Quick Reply

Latest