The Student Room Group

Tomi Lahren and milo

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HopelessMedic
In all fairness what's the purpose of going to university if not to engage in debate?

Changes depending on the subject, but in general - to learn to critically analyse the material (whether that's scientific data, English literature, historical sources, etc) in question and to draw conclusions from it.

Debate sometimes helps this, sure, but that doesn't mean debating every potential question is a good thing. Some things have a clearly correct answer, and learning when that is is also an important part of learning. For example, seriously "debating" whether the Holocaust happened (regardless of the moral issues of doing so) isn't encouraging the intellectual growth of history students, it's stunting it by telling them that they should continue to entertain clearly ******** claims and arguments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by STEMisSuperior.
Here's a good video of Paul Joseph Watson being humiliated and debunked.

That was bloody brilliant!
Original post by WBZ144
That was bloody brilliant!

Yeah, it was :biggrin:

More people like Fantano need to come out and call him out for his bs
Reply 83
Original post by Cato the Elder
He's good-looking too, but a bit loopy, especially suspect because of his association with one Stefan Molyneux.

I'm sorry but that accent is more than enough to turn someone off
Reply 84
Here's a good video of Paul Joseph Watson being humiliated and debunked.

[video="youtube;yNmta1gFjxU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNmta1gFjxU[/video]

Epic!
Reply 85
Original post by WBZ144
This is what he said recently:

With no evidence whatsoever to back that up. He's not someone who could be taken seriously. Sadly, the gullible and uneducated will hang onto his every word as gospel and without fact-checking, but what can you do?

all just fear mongering
Original post by joe cooley
I wish i got a fiver every time a SJW type threw out an accusation of racism without a single shred of evidence,i'd be minted!

Still, if you're a one tricky pony theres not alot more you can do,is there?

And I wish I got a fiver every time a alt tard protested he is not racist.
They're just a pair of attention seekers. The internet age's equivalent of the village idiot shouting nonsense in the local pub.
Original post by yudothis
And I wish I got a fiver every time a alt tard protested he is not racist.

Nope.

Name calling is not any kind of evidence to back up the SJW claim that Milo is a racist.

Have another go?
I'd never even heard of Tomi until this thread popped up.

Milo annoys me, he has legitimate points a lot of the time but they're lumped in with nonsense and deliberately provoking people. Seems to have started playing to the provocateur thing a lot more recently so I've stopped paying attention to anything he does.

Original post by queen-bee
Loooool scorching hot???? I don't know any Man who considers her to be hot. Maybe it's all the bull **** that comes out of her mouth

She seemed alright lookin' to me from my quick google search :dontknow:

Maybe you and the people you talk to have different tastes to the rest of us.
Reply 90
I just love that the SJWs just have to resort to name calling because they have nothing to back up their claims. Here's a little present to make it easier for you

15823206_1419353758097112_976023292921942054_n.jpg
Original post by queen-bee
Wait guys,I forgot add Paul ****ing Joseph Watson in the OP. What do you all think about this particular extreme right winger ?

"extreme right winger"

he's actually pretty liberal. his aggressive presentation is just a result or retaliation of aggressive social justice and is a way of grabbing his audience's attention. he's denounced the 'alt right' multiple times and the """"alt right"""" themselves hate him.
Oh no, I just assumed one would be smart enough to challenge their views and google it up. But I don't really expect much from the right.

http://thetab.com/us/pitt/2016/04/08/fact-checked-milo-yiannopoulos-speech-nonsense-944

How exactly is this a partisan issue? Are you suggesting that only the right requires evidence for statements?
All the time unfortunately.

Can you give any examples?
Oh no, I just assumed one would be smart enough to challenge their views and google it up. But I don't really expect much from the right.

http://thetab.com/us/pitt/2016/04/08/fact-checked-milo-yiannopoulos-speech-nonsense-944

This article de-credits itself by taking the silly "1 in 4 women on campus will be raped" study seriously. It also used Canada as an counterpoint to a point about America. Do you have any better "debunkings"?
Original post by MildredMalone
This article de-credits itself by taking the silly "1 in 4 women on campus will be raped" study seriously. It also used Canada as an counterpoint to a point about America. Do you have any better "debunkings"?

The article quite clearly said that the 1-in-5 stat refers to all sexual assaults, not just rapes. This is not essentially different to what Yiannopoulos claimed, he just bizarrely argued that this was in some way misleading or unfair (as he seems to think non-rape sexual assaults are OK).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anarchism101
The article quite clearly said that the 1-in-5 stat refers to all sexual assaults, not just rapes. This is not essentially different to what Yiannopoulos claimed, he just bizarrely argued that this was in some way misleading or unfair (as he seems to think non-rape sexual assaults are OK).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Be it sexual assaults or rape, the study in inaccurate and has been debnked many times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5XMuTAomNk
Original post by joe cooley
Nope.

Name calling is not any kind of evidence to back up the SJW claim that Milo is a racist.

Have another go?

This has nothing to do with what I said.

But btw, Milo's "I **** black guys so I can't be racist", is no evidence either :wink:
Original post by yudothis
This has nothing to do with what I said.

But btw, Milo's "I **** black guys so I can't be racist", is no evidence either :wink:

It kinda is. :biggrin:

I am trying hard to think of a KKK member or white supremacist who sucks black c'ck for pleasure.

They prefer stringing black guys up on trees to sucking them off, don't you think?
Original post by astutehirstute
It kinda is. :biggrin:

I am trying hard to think of a KKK member or white supremacist who sucks black c'ck for pleasure.

They prefer stringing black guys up on trees to sucking them off, don't you think?

And slave owners weren't racist because they ****ed, sorry, raped, black women?

Lol'd.

Says a lot about the kind of thinking your kind applies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending