The Student Room Group

Does anyone else here Lucid Dream?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
How? :cry2: Even for nightmares? :redface:

I have no idea, just an ability I've developed over the past 5 years without actually aiming to :lol: I can't remember the last time I had a nightmare really, because as soon as the dream starts going pear-shaped I'm outta there and I totally forget what the dream was about by the morning :h:
I sort of do. a few years ago I had a dream I was watchingsome fireworks with Prince William & Kate. I think it depends how much sleep I get. If it was a good I did write about 2 down.might start doing that again.hmm.:smile:
dreams are fascinating stuff
Original post by Mathemagicien
Every day?! Why the squiggly face then?

Ratio of nightmares:not nightmares is about 6:2 maybe
that's why :s-smilie:
I'm also counting creepily accurate ones as nightmares as well...
Original post by WoodyMKC
I have no idea, just an ability I've developed over the past 5 years without actually aiming to :lol: I can't remember the last time I had a nightmare really, because as soon as the dream starts going pear-shaped I'm outta there and I totally forget what the dream was about by the morning :h:

ah gosh if you ever find out pls tell me
if it's heroin I tried that :colone:

Spoiler

Are you sure they are lucid dreams if they are nightmares...?

A lucid dream is one where you are aware you are dreaming; usually that also means you can control them, more than enough to prevent it from being a nightmare.

Yes I control them from being awful nightmares to trying not to die in them
ie: I will make the decision to hide instead of standing there and etc... :hide:
Every time I get lucid, I get so excited that I wake up. Longest I've stayed lucid for has been maybe a couple of minutes.

But I've had pretty awesome non-lucid dreams as side-effects. I have the best dreams. Nobody builds better dreams than I do.

I've experienced inception several times before the movie came out. :wink:

It's actually annoying af.
Any advice on trying to conjure up a Lucid Dream tonight? You don't know the things I would really want to do.......
And if not, why the hell not?

a few weeks ago i had a dream which started off where i was looking at duvets to buy one (which i have actually recently been doing) and then it turned into a nightmare. i thought to myself in the dream 'don't worry it's only a dream you'll wake up in a minute' then I WOKE UP IN MY DREAM and couldn't move then i actually woke up. I'm very confused about what was going on with this dream
Reply 27
The trick with lucid dreaming is to not use it to interrupt or prevent other dreams and nightmares. Dreams are our mind's way of processing and you can create massive problems for yourself if you don't let your mind use all of its creativity in the subconscious to work through it. I know this because I used to lucid dream to control my dreams and prevent nightmares. It meant none of my trauma was getting processed and I couldn't emotionally connect within that.

The mind is pretty amazing. I've had within dream dissociation (I have ddnos) and one particular nightmare prompted within dream dissociation rather than lucid dreaming
I used to always try to lucid dream but whenever I was in the dream, the second I'd realise it was a dream, I'd get too excited about it and wake myself up.
Reply 29
And if not, why the hell not?

Yes, I learnt how when I was around 8 and have done ever since.
Reply 30
How often and how long are your lucid dreams?

Every night, approx 30 minutes

And what kind of stuff do you do in them?

Play football, chess, and generally be a boss with that ninja ****.
Reply 31
You play chess against yourself (your subconscious)?

Its also interesting because I had assumed that things like that wouldn't work that well in dreams. I mean, some dreams I seem to forget how many arms a person is meant to have (I have a third arm uselessly drooping off my body? Okay!)

I control the moves of the opponent :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest