The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St. Andrews Computer Science applicants 2017

AS: AAC on maths, physics computer science respectively
A2 predicted: A*AA respectively

However, I am a developer. Do you believe I will get an offer?

How about you, did you got an offer yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It says on the website:

"A-level candidates are expected to obtain grades ranging from AAB to AAA."
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
I applied mid-November and I'm still waiting
Reply 3
I applied early October and I have still not heard back yet. I don't think we will be waiting long for decisions as the deadline for UCAS applications was not long ago.
Reply 4
Glad I finally found a chat on this. I applied early November and haven't heard anything. St Andrews is the last to reply.
I applied November 18th and got an offer today! Good luck to you all!
I also received my offer today, applied mid october.
Reply 7
Did you folks apply for the bachelors or the masters?
Original post by shreddit

Masters w/second year entry
Reply 9

For anyone worried about this, it doesn't actually matter. You can change your mind almost up until the end of 4th year when they ask you whether you want to graduate or not.
I applied for Mathematics and Computer Science in October. The status of my application is still pending decision. I only have one offer so far (Imperial College). It is kind of weird cause I thought getting in to StA would be a lot easier.
Reply 11
Original post by Deltahedron
I applied for Mathematics and Computer Science in October. The status of my application is still pending decision. I only have one offer so far (Imperial College). It is kind of weird cause I thought getting in to StA would be a lot easier.

I know a fair few who were rejected by St A but got Cambridge/Oxford offers.
Original post by Oxy
I know a fair few who were rejected by St A but got Cambridge/Oxford offers.

Okay, well I can still hope. I'll probably firm Imperial anyway. Has anyone heard of any EU applicants receiving offers from St A up to now?
Reply 13
Na i don't know any EU folks applying. I like that i can change to the masters later in my degree. Not making my mind up now is awesome.
Reply 14
Na i don't know any EU folks applying. I like that i can change to the masters later in my degree. Not making my mind up now is awesome.

Courtesy of the 'Scottish' system which is more akin to an American 'college' :wink:
Reply 15
Is it possible to change to 2nd year entry? I wasn't aware that option existed until recently :/
Reply 16
Original post by kidb_
Is it possible to change to 2nd year entry? I wasn't aware that option existed until recently :/

It depends but I don't see why not if you have the requisite grades / knowledge.
Reply 17
got rejected :/
Reply 18
Original post by kidb_
got rejected :/

Aww.. Sorry to hear that. Were you an international applicant?
Reply 19
Original post by spark99
Aww.. Sorry to hear that. Were you an international applicant?

nah, uk. a bit bummed out because I would have lower fees (Scotland/EU fee status).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending