The Student Room Group

Actual uni rankings based on reputation

Tier 1 - Oxbridge

Tier 2- LSE, Durham, Impeiral, St Andrews, UCL, Warwick

Tier 3 - Edinburgh, Bristol

Tier 4 - Exeter, Leeds, Nottingham, Loughborough, Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle, York, Bath, Southampton, Kings, Sheffield, Glasgow

Tier 5 - Lancaster, Surrey, Cardiff

Tier 5 - Royal Holloway, Leicester, Liverpool, UEA, Sussex, Kent

Scroll to see replies

God tier - London Met.
are u even at university op?

go back to the playground
Reply 3
Original post by ayyy2
are u even at university op?

go back to the playground

Yes. I study maths at Durham.
This post is stupid tbh
Tier 4 is a load of *******s.
Why is everything in life a competition? (sighs)
Original post by roryjohn

'Doxbridge'

Cringe.
Original post by yourmate'smate
Tier 4 is a load of *******s.

Tier n is a load of ****. n= any number this sad little troll conjures up.
Reply 9

And how are St Andrews/Durham/Warwick more 'prestigious' than both Bristol and Edinburgh?

What's the metric?
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
Tier n is a load of ****. n= any number this sad little troll conjures up.

The rest is so perfect, though? :angelwings::angelwings::angelwings::angelwings:

But can't spell 'Imperial' correctly?
The rest is so perfect, though?

Put universities into 'tiers' is childish in the same sense my daddy as could beat up your daddy. This is all just the OPs subjective opinion and he seem to just be a troll with too much time on to kill and nothing productive enough to kill it with, so they come on tsr and make a subjective list of universities based on absolutely no knowledge of any of the universities' specialities, goals or anything at all that a feasible ranking list should consist of. Th'at why I cringe so much when so many of these babies on tsr make these lists, they probably have no idea about anything they are talking about, ie the op cannot possibly justify why Bristol beats Manchester or many of the other comparisons made. I mean where is QUB? Or does the OP not know it is a university because his university knowledge is solely restricted to TSR member rankings which often overlook QUB because they haven't got any friends or consider it as an option as it is in Ireland, and if it isn't considered as an option by a TSR member, well that must mean it is a dogshit uni.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Marshall Taylor
But can't spell 'Imperial' correctly?

What did you get in your A levels???
Put universities into 'tiers' is childish in the same sense my daddy is could beat up your daddy. This is all just the OPs subjective opinion and he seem to just be a troll with too much time on to kill and nothing productive enough to kill it with, so they come on tsr and make a subjective list of universities based on absolutely no knowledge of any of the universities' specialities, goals or anything at all that a feasible ranking list should consist of. Th'at why I cringe so much when so many of these babies on tsr make these lists, they probably have no idea about anything they are talking about, ie the op cannot possibly justify why Bristol beats Manchester or many of the other comparisons made. I mean where is QUB? Or does the OP not know it is a university because his university knowledge is solely restricted to TSR member rankings which often overlook QUB because they haven't got any friends or consider it as an option as it is in Ireland, and if it isn't considered as an option by a TSR member, well that must mean it is a dogshit uni.

I was joking :sucks::sucks:
What did you get in your A levels???

You don't need a GCSE in English to spell properly...
I was joking :sucks::sucks:

ffs man, why'd you have to go get me started on a rant like that for, I've got stuff to be doing here :unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed:
Put universities into 'tiers' is childish in the same sense my daddy as could beat up your daddy. This is all just the OPs subjective opinion and he seem to just be a troll with too much time on to kill and nothing productive enough to kill it with, so they come on tsr and make a subjective list of universities based on absolutely no knowledge of any of the universities' specialities, goals or anything at all that a feasible ranking list should consist of. Th'at why I cringe so much when so many of these babies on tsr make these lists, they probably have no idea about anything they are talking about, ie the op cannot possibly justify why Bristol beats Manchester or many of the other comparisons made. I mean where is QUB? Or does the OP not know it is a university because his university knowledge is solely restricted to TSR member rankings which often overlook QUB because they haven't got any friends or consider it as an option as it is in Ireland, and if it isn't considered as an option by a TSR member, well that must mean it is a dogshit uni.

OP has nothing going for him in life other than attending a good university so he makes threads like this to make himself feel better.

Pathetic
Reply 18
Put universities into 'tiers' is childish in the same sense my daddy is could beat up your daddy. This is all just the OPs subjective opinion and he seem to just be a troll with too much time on to kill and nothing productive enough to kill it with, so they come on tsr and make a subjective list of universities based on absolutely no knowledge of any of the universities' specialities, goals or anything at all that a feasible ranking list should consist of. Th'at why I cringe so much when so many of these babies on tsr make these lists, they probably have no idea about anything they are talking about, ie the op cannot possibly justify why Bristol beats Manchester or many of the other comparisons made. I mean where is QUB? Or does the OP not know it is a university because his university knowledge is solely restricted to TSR member rankings which often overlook QUB because they haven't got any friends or consider it as an option as it is in Ireland, and if it isn't considered as an option by a TSR member, well that must mean it is a dogshit uni.

I think that majority of employers wouldn't regard Queens Belfast as good as majority of unis on this list and that is a fact. I made this list because the league table is very unvalid. e.g UEA is higher ranked than Bristol and Edinburgh.
I think that majority of employers wouldn't regard Queens Belfast as good as majority of unis on this list and that is a fact. I made this list because the league table is very unvalid. e.g UEA is higher ranked than Bristol and Edinburgh.

League tables are based on data taken from actual research, not a child's opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest