The Student Room Group

Trump in FREEFALL as disapproval ratings SOAR

Scroll to see replies

Original post by astutehirstute
It's just a game.

Some people are mistaking the internet for real life.

Pls tell me this isn't how it is irl or else I'm not gonna enjoy uni very much when I come to England :emo:
Original post by StrawbAri
Pls tell me this isn't how it is irl or else I'm not gonna enjoy uni very much when I come to England :emo:

It isn't how it is really. :smile:

You will love the UK when you come here. Love it.
Reply 42
Original post by BobBobson
Except we have multiple bills that outline steps of the repeal and replace process, all that needs to happen now is for one of them to be pushed through congreess, which shouldn't be hard. Where is the stumbling?

Also your point doesn't make any sense. Since the EO wasn't to repeal Obamacare, the EO was meant to be a transient order, to be used in the meantime until Obamacare is repealed to reduce the burden of Obamacare. LOL

The GOP can't agree what they will replace Obamacare with so they will repeal it and then let it stay the same with some minor tinkering to make it looks as though they are not stumbling around cluelessly.

They should change their slogan to make America look foolish again.
Original post by zayn008
The "holy grail" of democracy became shambles when the courts appointed Bush as president in 2000.

Bush won fair and square. The left never stop whining about this, but he did win Florida fairly according to the recounts that were done.
Attachment not found
You have to realize that meda is biased some on the the left and some on the right, most mainstream media is left leaning.

Stop calling everything hitler it makes you seem like even more of a fool.

So when anyone has any alternate fact to you it is "LOL LOOK AT THOSE NATZIIIS" Or "AHAHAH ITS SOMEONE I DONT SHARE THE SAME OPINION WITH AND HE IS BY DEFAULT WRONG"

Ps: I am not saying that the media is all lying about trump just that you need to actually look at fact.
Original post by AishaGirl
Trump won't ever be removed from office, it will cause mass riots involving a lot of guns and it will make the "holy grail" of democracy look like a shambles.

A d'etat will destroy the states reputation as being the most stable nation in the world.

But a coup would be fun. And it would allow for a heroic military leader to seize power and rule.
Reply 46
Original post by AishaGirl
Exactly, it's the catch 22 situation lol. If you're going to remove one, you gotta remove the other ya namsayin? :lockstock::ninja:

Maybe not a coup d'etat but anything that involves "removing" him from office will be seen as a weakness within the U.S democratic system. The U.S will do absolutely everything to avoid such embarrassment.
Hmm...a couple of tragic accidents, perchance? The Speaker of the House then becomes President - that's Paul Ryan, an opponent of Trump (sort of) and "moral capitalist". Could be worse.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by AperfectBalance
Stop calling everything hitler it makes you seem like even more of a fool.
Still think "Wotsit Hitler" is one of the best Trump epithets.
Reply 48
Original post by StrawbAri
The latest arguement is that 'he's ****ed more hot women than you have'
Doesn't count if they're hookers.
Original post by QE2
Still think "Wotsit Hitler" is one of the best Trump epithets.

as a joke it is perfectly fine, like how I call Merkel Hitler, but as a political argument it is invalid unless you can actually back it up
they voted for him so stop moaning
Reply 51
as a joke it is perfectly fine, like how I call Merkel Hitler, but as a political argument it is invalid unless you can actually back it up
Not a joke. Trump's dictatorial style and attempts to ride rough-shod over the judiciary, as well as using a minority group as a national scapegoat is quite a lot like Hitler. And he looks like a squished Wotsit.
Merkel is nothing like Hitler, either in appearance or politics. You calling her that just shows how limited your knowledge of either of them is.
Original post by QE2
Not a joke. Trump's dictatorial style and attempts to ride rough-shod over the judiciary, as well as using a minority group as a national scapegoat is quite a lot like Hitler. And he looks like a squished Wotsit.
Merkel is nothing like Hitler, either in appearance or politics. You calling her that just shows how limited your knowledge of either of them is.

me calling Merkel Hitler is a bit of a joke because she has really ruined Germany and the EU in my eyes, And as I clearly said as a joke.
Reply 53
Erm, sorry to be the bearer, and all that, but the tyrant is already in power and attempting to play god.
Reply 54
me calling Merkel Hitler is a bit of a joke because she has really ruined Germany and the EU in my eyes, And as I clearly said as a joke.
Germany is the most competetive economy in the EU, and fourth in the world. It has less crime and is safer than the UK, Ireland, Australia, NZ and USA, and is 6th in the global Human Development table.
Not too shabby in my eyes.

I'm guessing you don't study politics, economics or world development.
Original post by QE2
Germany is the most competetive economy in the EU, and fourth in the world. It has less crime and is safer than the UK, Ireland, Australia, NZ and USA, and is 6th in the global Human Development table.
Not too shabby in my eyes.

I'm guessing you don't study politics, economics or world development.

I dont deny that but the Amount of migrants that Germany has let in has and will cause serious problems socially Germany will get far worse.
Reply 56
I dont deny that but the Amount of migrants that Germany has let in has and will cause serious problems socially Germany will get far worse.

Original post by Mathemagicien
And think about how much better it would have been without the refugees, and especially how much better it would have been in the future if it weren't for the migrants.
We all know that the problems facing the developed nations are not caused by migrants. To some extent they are actually alleviated by them.

Migrants contribute more to the UK economy than they take out, and the only times my safety has been compromised in the UK has been by white English chavs, or white English rugby players.
And my g/f's grandmother was a refugee, so we'll be having none of that nonsense round here TYVM!
Reply 57
You know that the "refugees" are not comparable to the migrants we get from the EU (who do have a positive contribution to the UK, as opposed to the non-EU migrants overall).
Do I? Not sure if I do. I will treat people as individuals and will not dismiss an entire group as worthless, violent or indolent, just because the Daily Mail tells me I should.

As for your anecdotes about your safety, whatever mate. Lets not pretend that refugees don't have a much higher violent crime rate than the native population, or even EU migrants.
I don't need to pretend anything. However, if you have figures that show that I am more at risk of violence from refugees than from indigenous people, I will look at it and change my position accordingly.
Reply 58
This isn't about the Daily Mail. When do they ever post statistics?
They certainly tell people who is to blame for a country's problems.

Of course you aren't more at risk from refugees than whites, because you live in the UK and we don't have a million refugees roaming about.
You make them sound like wildebeest!

But we are talking about Germany, so please don't make this specifically about you!

Have a read here https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/5k9ut4/are_refugees_andor_migrants_really_linked_to/
I'm no statistician, but a suspect rate of over 4000 per 1000 head of population seems unlikely.
And it's been steadily declining for five years, which doesn't really fit your narrative (2015 levels are down 75% from 2012).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending