The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qeyoo
How do you know your college?

The online booking form for the post-offer days has gone live, so you can find out through there!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Hehe, or it's another offers mishap :tongue: probably not though

Nice on getting warwick/durham offers tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol just logged into the portal, still says pending decision :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to hear. :frown:
I have a friend who got a physics offer today (international) so idk... has 4.3 GPA though and solid SATs and APs

Posted from TSR Mobile
this is making me paranoid af
Original post by wolfmoon88
I have a friend who got a physics offer today (international) so idk... has 4.3 GPA though and solid SATs and APs

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought highest gpa is 4.0???? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
just looked up to see what my application has been up to - still at pending decision which it has been from about 3 weeks after I applied. It says the department is Economics & Finance, and yet I applied to modern history & economics, I know they're both in the faculty of arts, but this would suggest it's just being looked at by economics and finance, and not history:s-smilie:
Original post by evelynfernsby
I thought highest gpa is 4.0???? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Weighted GPA highest is 4.5 I think

Unweighted highest is 4.0

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Weighted GPA highest is 4.5 I think

Unweighted highest is 4.0

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok makes sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by evelynfernsby

Yeah :smile: idk though lmaooo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lauren1498x
just looked up to see what my application has been up to - still at pending decision which it has been from about 3 weeks after I applied. It says the department is Economics & Finance, and yet I applied to modern history & economics, I know they're both in the faculty of arts, but this would suggest it's just being looked at by economics and finance, and not history:s-smilie:

I suspect it just says that because the degree is officially "MA(Hons) Economics and Modern History" and they get listed by which subject comes first, technically giving that department overall 'responsibility' so to speak. When I graduated, for example, it was with everyone doing German because my degree was "German and Modern History". I wouldn't worry too much about it - good luck!
St Andrews will happily except an inferior international applicant over an RUK applicant......they need the money lol
Original post by OturuDansay
St Andrews will happily except an inferior international applicant over an RUK applicant......they need the money lol

Agreed somewhat and I am an international student :rofl:
Original post by ispyjonnytriff
I suspect it just says that because the degree is officially "MA(Hons) Economics and Modern History" and they get listed by which subject comes first, technically giving that department overall 'responsibility' so to speak. When I graduated, for example, it was with everyone doing German because my degree was "German and Modern History". I wouldn't worry too much about it - good luck!

ah i see! thanks!
Original post by OturuDansay

Well Scots/EU are even worse off in that regard so shhh
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey @amygracebroad let me know how St A's goes! Rooting for you :smile:

Right?! Ugh, the bittersweet feeling off beingg fee-free

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well ain't that the truth! Although EU applications down so that's good news for them as they will still wish to keep offers proprortionate within the Scots/Eu offer rate within the caps - I assume!
Got rejected for maths yesterday. Scottish student. 5 A's and predicted 3A's. I got 97% in Higher Maths. Personal statement and reference were both glowing with many mathematic extra curriculars. St Andrews are definitely either randomly choosing Scottish students due to the high amount of people that applied or favouring international students due to the fees. I blame the Scottish government.
Good Luck to anyone still to hear back! There is still hope.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending