The Student Room Group

Tomi Lahren and milo

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yudothis
This has nothing to do with what I said.

But btw, Milo's "I **** black guys so I can't be racist", is no evidence either :wink:

Yes, i understand that in the SJW bubble when you accuse someone of being racist no evidence is required.

However, outside of the bubble baseless accusations are treated with the contempt that they deserve.

Your choice.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MildredMalone
Be it sexual assaults or rape, the study in inaccurate and has been debnked many times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5XMuTAomNk

Except that video does no such thing. From what I see she makes three main points:
i) The study has a limited sample size, and so wider conclusions can't be extrapolated from it. This is arguably true, certainly, but as she admits, the study itself notes this potential limitation and that this is not an inaccuracy of the study itself, but rather misinterpretations of it.
ii) There might be a non-response bias. She notes that the study's authors acknowledge, but then fails to mention the very next sentence (despite showing that sentence on the screen), where it is noted that "indications are that this was not a large effect".
iii) The questions used. This is the only real criticism of actual substance, and it betrays either a complete ignorance of how polls and surveys work, or just willful bias. The questions used by the study are clearly more methodologically sound that what she proposed. For example "Have you experienced sexually assault?" assumes all respondents know and agree on definitions and limitations of what constitutes "sexual assault". By providing a description of what acts might constitute sexual assault, the study ensures they're all on the same page. In addition, the study's question avoids the emotionally charged and potentially loaded language of "rape" and "sexual assault", making respondents less likely to be influenced by the use of such terminology.

As part of iii) she also seems to imply (though not 100% sure if she is) that "unwanted sexual contact" is in some way a grade down from "sexual assault" and shouldn't be conflated with it. This is not the case. Unless the perpetrator had a reasonable belief in consent, then yes, unwanted sexual contact = sexual assault.
Original post by Aceadria
How exactly is this a partisan issue? Are you suggesting that only the right requires evidence for statements?

You've completed avoided the point.

Original post by MildredMalone
Can you give any examples?

I've already provided a link.
Original post by WBZ144
Don't bother with him at all, it's a waste of time. Like I said: what he thinks of girls doesn't matter, he is merely bitter.

Most of us already know that it's stupid to suggest that you're jealous of someone who you are much prettier than.

He's a attracted to bitter racists,how pathetic!

Mashallah sis,our attractiveness goes beyond looks,it radiates positivity :h:
Original post by astutehirstute
First Othello, now Hamlet:

"Merhinks the lady doth protest too much."

:biggrin:

Or since that may be a little hard for you to understand, it being Shakespeare and all, I'll explain it in your kind of language:

Bish bosh, Queen Bee, bish bosh.

Don't worry,no girl of any colour would approach you with that racist attitude and I was actually about to suggest you getting a girl with curves,but whatever floats your boat.
Original post by queen-bee
He's a attracted to bitter racists,how pathetic!

Mashallah sis,our attractiveness goes beyond looks,it radiates positivity :h:

Not to mention having class, education and insha'Allah bright futures :yep:

After seeing this thread I looked her up and saw what she tweeted about Syrians. So not only is she incredibly stupid (as I can refute what she tweeted in a few seconds) but is trash with a black heart. She makes me feel superior, if anything.

But if you have a look at the pics of alt-right men from their Richard Spencer conference, you can see that they are awkward losers who probably haven't so much as held hands with a girl. Even trash like that wouldn't give them the time of day. She just uses them to gain attention and fame.
Original post by WBZ144
That's because in many cases with the right-wing and perhaps always with the far/alt right that is the case. The same people who claim that they do not see race and that the left is too fixated on race are the ones who will bring my race into the equation if they don't like or disagree with something I say. There is a reason why they often do this, yet the left rarely does.
I think its more of the case that the left do not understand that they are becoming the modern fascists. They are incapable of understanding what the far right are all about and just throw their toys out of the pram. A lot of those that I know who have gone over to the far right were staunch labour supporters who have become disenchanted with how this country has been run and where it is going. The far right want to put the British people first in housing, in benefits, in the NHS and in law. That is not racist, that is self-preservation.

I do not see the far left doing anything good for this country.
Original post by WBZ144
Not to mention having class, education and insha'Allah bright futures :yep:

After seeing this thread I looked her up and saw what she tweeted about Syrians. So not only is she incredibly stupid (as I can refute what she tweeted in a few seconds) but is trash with a black heart. She makes me feel superior, if anything.

But if you have a look at the pics of alt-right men from their Richard Spencer conference, you can see that they are awkward losers who probably haven't so much as held hands with a girl. Even trash like that wouldn't give them the time of day. She just uses them to gain attention and fame.

She has so much hatred for fellow humans,sometimes it makes you wonder,just why. She's screaming for attention on social media and uses fellow racists to gain likes and retweets. Unfortunately that's the only thing that keeps her relevant yet these men see her as just a piece of meat.bothing more. All those ugly thoughts have turned her into a very ugly person(remember the twits from roald Dahl) . Inshallah,i hope that in time she will start radiating positivity and less negativity. Inshallah!
Original post by joe cooley
Yes, i understand that in the SJW bubble when you accuse someone of being racist no evidence is required.

However, outside of the bubble baseless accusations are treated with the contempt that they deserve.

Your choice.

It's ok, among your peers repeating "we are not racist" over and over makes it true. Isn't that awesome?
Original post by nutz99
I think its more of the case that the left do not understand that they are becoming the modern fascists. They are incapable of understanding what the far right are all about and just throw their toys out of the pram. A lot of those that I know who have gone over to the far right were staunch labour supporters who have become disenchanted with how this country has been run and where it is going. The far right want to put the British people first in housing, in benefits, in the NHS and in law. That is not racist, that is self-preservation.

I do not see the far left doing anything good for this country.

Lebensraum, **** yeah!
Original post by queen-bee
Don't worry,no girl of any colour would approach you with that racist attitude and I was actually about to suggest you getting a girl with curves,but whatever floats your boat.

Aw now you went and triggered him, give him some time on red pill to gain back his confidence.
It's ok, among your peers repeating "we are not racist" over and over makes it true. Isn't that awesome?

Not at all, no.

All you have to do is point out to the forum the post in which you believe i've made racist remarks and they can then judge for themselves.

Why dont you give it a go?
Not at all, no.

All you have to do is point out to the forum the post in which you believe i've made racist remarks and they can then judge for themselves.

Why dont you give it a go?

In which have I accused you of being racist?
In which have I accused you of being racist?

Sorry, slyly insinuated.

Better?
Aw now you went and triggered him, give him some time on red pill to gain back his confidence.

Extreme right wingers Are the biggest SJWs,they left ain't got nothing on them

Sorry, slyly insinuated.

Better?

Well is that not what you do? All I see is how your kind repeatedly inform others why they aren't and why x and y is not racist. I merely pointed out an observation.
Lebensraum, **** yeah!
I'm talking about anyone who lives in this country and regards themselves as British first and foremost regardless of race or religion. That concept however seems to be beyond you!
Original post by nutz99
I'm talking about anyone who lives in this country and regards themselves as British first and foremost regardless of race or religion. That concept however seems to be beyond you!

So was I.
Original post by nutz99

If you want a policy if explicitly favouring "British people", defined as people in the UK who self-identify nationally primarily as "British", then you're actually going to end up favouring recent naturalised immigrants and their children and grandchildren.

"White British" people usually don't identify as British first and foremost (the only exception are Northern Irish Protestants). They prefer to identify primarily as English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish or Northern Irish (or even Cornish), with British as secondary or not at all. By contrast, non-whites much prefer to identify primarily as British.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anarchism101
If you want a policy if explicitly favouring "British people", defined as people in the UK who self-identify nationally primarily as "British", then you're actually going to end up favouring recent naturalised immigrants and their children and grandchildren.

"White British" people usually don't identify as British first and foremost (the only exception are Northern Irish Protestants). They prefer to identify primarily as English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish or Northern Irish (or even Cornish), with British as secondary or not at all. By contrast, non-whites much prefer to identify primarily as British.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's not what I meant. I'm Welsh but if someone asked me if i was Welsh I would say yes. If someone asked me if I'm British I would say yes. But that's not the point though. The point I'm making is that the limited money and resources we have in this country should go towards looking after our own first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending