The Student Room Group

How do I revise for the new specification GCSE English Literature?

Okay, so for English Literature, I am studying Romeo and Juliet, An Inspector Calls, 15 Power and Conflict Poems and Sherlock Holmes. We have to remember the quotes, themes, ideas etc. I was wondering how I should tackle this. I am in Year 10.
Reply 1
Study them first - I reccommend Mr Bruff one Youtube. Make flashcards of key quotes for each theme/character or mindmaps. Go over them again and again and try to find memory aids and ways you can memorise each thing. Try to space your time out well the longer you give yourself to learn them, the better you will be able to memorise.
Reply 2
Original post by mdnvmpr
Study them first - I reccommend Mr Bruff one Youtube. Make flashcards of key quotes for each theme/character or mindmaps. Go over them again and again and try to find memory aids and ways you can memorise each thing. Try to space your time out well the longer you give yourself to learn them, the better you will be able to memorise.

Is Mr Bruff’s Guide to ‘An Inspector Calls’ a better or the CGP revision guide? Which one's more detailed?
Reply 3
Original post by amal29
Is Mr Bruff’s Guide to ‘An Inspector Calls’ a better or the CGP revision guide? Which one's more detailed?

I haven't actually bought any of his revision guides, so I cannot really answer this, although looking at the sample, it does look very detailed. I used York Notes Revision Guides for Lit, and they're good, I just lose interest quite quickly and prefer using the internet, hence why I watch Mr Bruff's videos.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending