The Student Room Group

Suggestions for Gap Year? (Economics)

Hi,
I'm currently a Year 13 student, applying for Economics at University. I have received a rejection from Cambridge, and offers from LSE (A*AAE), Warwick (A*AA) and Bath (A*AA).

I'm thinking about taking a gap year if I get 4 A*s at A2 this year, and reapplying to Cambridge. I'm fully aware that there is a negligible difference between LSE and Cambridge in terms of graduate prospects in finance, but I'd regret it if I didn't give Cambridge another shot I think.

I'm unsure what I'd do if I took a gap year though, I'd like to make use of it in a productive manner as opposed to going travelling etc. I've looked into the DeLoitte scholar programme etc, but I'm unsure what the best use of my time would be. (I'm aiming to pursue either investment banking or consultant managemency post degree).

To give some background of my academic profile, I received 15 A* at GCSE, 4As and B at AS (Bio, Chem, Phys, Maths and FM respectively), and am predicted 3 A* and an A this year.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Hasan
15A*s at GCSE?!
Wow
Reply 2
Original post by HasanRaza1
Hi,
I'm currently a Year 13 student, applying for Economics at University. I have received a rejection from Cambridge, and offers from LSE (A*AAE), Warwick (A*AA) and Bath (A*AA).

I'm thinking about taking a gap year if I get 4 A*s at A2 this year, and reapplying to Cambridge. I'm fully aware that there is a negligible difference between LSE and Cambridge in terms of graduate prospects in finance, but I'd regret it if I didn't give Cambridge another shot I think.

I'm unsure what I'd do if I took a gap year though, I'd like to make use of it in a productive manner as opposed to going travelling etc. I've looked into the DeLoitte scholar programme etc, but I'm unsure what the best use of my time would be. (I'm aiming to pursue either investment banking or consultant managemency post degree).

To give some background of my academic profile, I received 15 A* at GCSE, 4As and B at AS (Bio, Chem, Phys, Maths and FM respectively), and am predicted 3 A* and an A this year.

Thanks,
Hasan

Did you get your feedback from Cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile
National Security Advisor in the US, which is currently vacant.
Reply 4
ahh glad to see you kept one social media account open bro gotta be able to link with the real ones (one hunna)
Original post by HasanRaza1
Hi,

Thanks,
Hasan

You could try applying to AlphaSights on their AlphaScholar scheme?
I'm curious about what you ended up doing..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending