The Student Room Group

Big 4 qualification salary

Hi can anybody (especially people who work for the big 4!) tell me what the qualification salary is for audit/tax at the big 4 is?

As in, after you have passed all your exams and are time qualified after the 3 year programme?

Thank you!
Original post by Unemployed
Hi can anybody (especially people who work for the big 4!) tell me what the qualification salary is for audit/tax at the big 4 is?

As in, after you have passed all your exams and are time qualified after the 3 year programme?

Thank you!

£40k-£55k dependent on firm and performance
Original post by natninja
£40k-£55k dependent on firm and performance

I know this is a tad late, but are you telling me that you'll get 55k possibly at age of 22?! Also, I've heard you get to lead a team by then as well, but there's no info on if it's like a small team or you're a respectedd part of the company leading a moderate size team in biggish projects. Finally (sorry for so many questions) do you have any experience on how long it would take to earn 100k (a lot, I know, but there are lawyer jobs which pay that by about 27)
Reply 3
£38k is what you get in my team. £55k is ludicrous I've never heard of someone on that much in their 4th Year.
M&A get large bonuses to on top of that £38k, but that's because they work 12-18 hours a day 6-7 days a week all year long.
Original post by jtx045
£38k is what you get in my team. £55k is ludicrous I've never heard of someone on that much in their 4th Year.
M&A get large bonuses to on top of that £38k, but that's because they work 12-18 hours a day 6-7 days a week all year long.

Hi. I read on a few websites that they trust you with a team by the time you qualify (from school leavers programme). Do you have any insight into if this is a permanent team and how large it is? Or is it simply, you can be in charge of these two first years etc
Original post by That'sGreat
I know this is a tad late, but are you telling me that you'll get 55k possibly at age of 22?! Also, I've heard you get to lead a team by then as well, but there's no info on if it's like a small team or you're a respectedd part of the company leading a moderate size team in biggish projects. Finally (sorry for so many questions) do you have any experience on how long it would take to earn 100k (a lot, I know, but there are lawyer jobs which pay that by about 27)

If you start as a school leaver it's possible but not probable to be on £100k by 27 with better job security too.

A manager on a project I work on manages a team of 10 on a major international client aged 22. It depends on your general performance and your client portfolio though, if you have small clients you could be leading several smaller teams.
Original post by jtx045

You're definitely at a different firm to me, our M&A guys work less and earn more... the first years in corp fin were shocked by how bad audit hours could get. You wouldn't get £55k in 4 years but you would for sure if you were a strong performer in 5 years. I'm assuming you're at PwC or in a regional office?
(edited 6 years ago)
If you start as a school leaver it's possible but not probable to be on £100k by 27 with better job security too.

A manager on a project I work on manages a team of 10 on a major international client aged 22. It depends on your general performance and your client portfolio though, if you have small clients you could be leading several smaller teams.

At 27? Is that the same as graduates or slight older/younger? Also, I've heard it's possible that you can become a partner by 32, is that common or is it more in the 40s? Thanks
Reply 8
You're definitely at a different firm to me, our M&A guys work less and earn more... the first years in corp fin were shocked by how bad audit hours could get. You wouldn't get £55k in 4 years but you would for sure if you were a strong performer in 5 years. I'm assuming you're at PwC or in a regional office?

Any idea on what bonuses and pay progression is like for the M&A guys for the first few years? I know starting is c.30K? Thanks man!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending