The Student Room Group

When will I get given my GCSE exam timetable for the summer exams this year?

Same as above

Scroll to see replies

I think you shouldn't wait for the teachers to give it to you
I suggest In your free time look up the exam boards you down the date of each exam even though the process is long, it helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Naomeyz_01
I think you shouldn't wait for the teachers to give it to you
I suggest In your free time look up the exam boards you down the date of each exam even though the process is long, it helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks but I wanted to know when I would be given it. If I go to my exams officer do you think she will be able to give me my timetable now or is it too early yet?
I believe she would because I got mine like 2 weeks ago
Reply 4
If you are as lucky as I was, on the day before your first exam! :biggrin:
Our school gave us ours about a month or two beforehand, but I know that some exam boards have already published them online, so maybe just check their websites as long as you know what exam board you're doing each of your exams with:smile:
Reply 6
Best thing to do is go online on to the exam boards websites and find out when eat of your exams are. The schools usually wait too long to give them out, sometimes 2 months earlier or even less.
Got it a week ago at parents' evening.
Original post by JackT2000
Same as above

I think I remember that last year I was given my exam timetable about this time?:s-smilie: You can also look on the exam boards websites which is what I did prior to being given my timetable!:smile:
Reply 9
It's entirely up top your school and can be any time from December to May. Your school will have made the entries by mid February so there is no reason why they couldn't give you one.
Reply 10
Original post by Compost
It's entirely up top your school and can be any time from December to May. Your school will have made the entries by mid February so there is no reason why they couldn't give you one.

Thanks do you think I should ask my exams officer after half term? Would she be able to print it for me??
Reply 11
Thanks do you think I should ask my exams officer after half term? Would she be able to print it for me??

Would be better to check each exam board yourself as they have released the timetable and waiting for the exam officer to do that for you is just not worth while IMO.
Reply 12
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Would be better to check each exam board yourself as they have released the timetable and waiting for the exam officer to do that for you is just not worth while IMO.

Ok thanks but thats long :smile:

Surely when I go back she could print it off for me and surely they should have entered us for the exams by now?
Depends on the school you go to. Like other people have said, look on the exam board website as they will have the dates.
I did 20 GCSE exams in 2008 and that felt like a lot.
Reply 15
Ok thanks but thats long :smile:

Surely when I go back she could print it off for me and surely they should have entered us for the exams by now?

Yes, going through that by yourself is a bit time consuming but my point is I wouldn't trust a exam officer to sort that out for me given how unrealiable they are from my experiences.
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Yes, going through that by yourself is a bit time consuming but my point is I wouldn't trust a exam officer to sort that out for me given how unrealiable they are from my experiences.

They are responsible for making the entries so the timetable they give you will show what you are actually entered for.
Reply 17
Original post by Compost
They are responsible for making the entries so the timetable they give you will show what you are actually entered for.

Ok so if I spot any errors on it I should go to her and tell her?

She must have loads of entries to do because theres like 180 people in my year group
I think they are currently finalising the exam entries so they should give it to you within the next month I supppose?

You can look up exam dates online though...
Ok so if I spot any errors on it I should go to her and tell her?

Definitely.

Quick Reply

Latest