The Student Room Group

I want to learn Arabic

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ibby1995
Okay so Sudanese are Arabs.

Yeah some of them are full Arabs some Arab tribes settled there and they speak Arabic
Original post by _princessxox
Yeah some of them are full Arabs some Arab tribes settled there and they speak Arabic

I think ibby1995 is a troll, all of this has already been explained to him.
Original post by Boondock Saint
I think ibby1995 is a troll, all of this has already been explained to him.

Lol seems like one
Reply 123
Original post by Mr. Petrol Head
This is exactly what I did. I learned to speak in Arabic with my friend to whom I taught English :h:

It's good idea, I sign on this website because I need to learn more English, I will say you how I can teach myself , by songs and movies , you should try hear Arabic songs or movies translated to English .
How do you say hello
Original post by Afraah
It's good idea, I sign on this website because I need to learn more English, I will say you how I can teach myself , by songs and movies , you should try hear Arabic songs or movies translated to English .

الحمدلله أنا اقدر أن أفهم عربية , بس عندي مشكلة ان أفهم لهجات مختلفة :redface:. تعلمت لهجة خليجية
:colondollar:
Inshallah I will try watching movies in Arabic as well, Shukran :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AshEntropy
How do you say hello

In Arabic we say first Salam Alaikum which means peace be upon you, and then continue with saying Marhaban which means hello :h:
Reply 127
Original post by Mr. Petrol Head
الحمدلله أنا اقدر أن أفهم عربية , بس عندي مشكلة ان أفهم لهجات مختلفة :redface:. تعلمت لهجة خليجية
:colondollar:
Inshallah I will try watching movies in Arabic as well, Shukran :h:

Excellent done well, I'm from Gulf , there many accents in Gulf . Any accent in the Gulf countries ?
Original post by Afraah
Excellent done well, I'm from Gulf , there many accents in Gulf . Any accent in the Gulf countries ?

Thanks a lots! I was born in the United Arab Emirates so I speak with a typical Emarati accent :biggrin: I am ethnically a pakistani, but I feel more like an Arab haha! :smile:.
(edited 7 years ago)
Why not? Somalis are fully Arab.

Sorry but you're African, stay African, because you're African, not an Arab, an African. You're bordered by Ethiopia to the West, you're African.
Not many of you can speak Arabic, you're African, a Black African. I'm not racist, just stating you're an African.
Original post by Theguynextdoor
Sorry but you're African, stay African, because you're African, not an Arab, an African. You're bordered by Ethiopia to the West, you're African.
Not many of you can speak Arabic, you're African, a Black African. I'm not racist, just stating you're an African.

Egypt is African too fool

Egyptians are African too. SOME are Arab due to tribes settling there, stop being so desperate to be Arab be proud of being African instead lol
Why not? Somalis are fully Arab.

I am Arab, I know Somalis and they don't call themselves Arab lol

I'm Egyptian. We're both Arab and African :smile:
Original post by Sabby888
I'm Egyptian. We're both Arab and African :smile:

Yeah because Egyptians speak Arabic and Somalis don't, Somalis are definitely not Arab

The only Arabs in the Horn of Africa are those speak Arabic as their first language e.g. the Rashaida (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashaida_people). If Arabic isn't your main language, you aren't Arab. End of discussion.
(edited 7 years ago)
ten common Arabic terms

1. inshallah means god willing
2. hamdullah means thank god
3. shokran means thank you
4.merhaba means welcome
5. yalla means lets go
6. habibi means beloved or lover
7. salam means hello or peace
8. mashaallah means wow or something superb
9. naam means yes
and