The Student Room Group

Get your personal statement reviewed by a TSR PS reviewer before you submit

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DarkEnergy
Got my PS checked about a week ago, 10/10 would recommend. Thanks @alleycat393 :smile:

Thank you for letting us know :smile: Good luck with your application :awesome:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
I get: "looks like you are having trouble viewing this page, this is most likely because the content has been removed from the site." when I click the forum link

@She-Ra can we check this?

I've checked it logged out and I can access it fine.
Reply 42
Original post by She-Ra
I've checked it logged out and I can access it fine.

Just tried the same and still no joy - but no worries if others are ok.

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by jneill
Just tried the same and still no joy - but no worries if others are ok.

Thanks! :smile:

That's so strange :frown: On which browser?
Reply 44
Original post by She-Ra
That's so strange :frown: On which browser?

Safari. And I'm sure I've been able to access that forum before...
Original post by jneill
I get: "looks like you are having trouble viewing this page, this is most likely because the content has been removed from the site." when I click the forum link

@She-Ra can we check this?

It works for me :s-smilie:
Ok i'm a bit scared I just posted my ps onto the forum but it doesn't seem to be private as I can still see the post on the submitted ps reviewer thread and when I type in my subject it shows up!
Original post by Lilies_anonymous
Ok i'm a bit scared I just posted my ps onto the forum but it doesn't seem to be private as I can still see the post on the submitted ps reviewer thread and when I type in my subject it shows up!

You can see your own thread but not the 20+ other threads started by other people
Is there any point in me posting mine if I don't have 100+ posts (I created my account simply to use this service). I understand that you must get a lot of people wanting to use this service, and active members of this forum should be prioritised but any and all help would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by EmrysHowe
Is there any point in me posting mine if I don't have 100+ posts (I created my account simply to use this service). I understand that you must get a lot of people wanting to use this service, and active members of this forum should be prioritised but any and all help would be appreciated :smile:

It won't be a priority but it may still be reviewed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is probably a really silly question but I haven't used TSR a lot so just need to make sure. How do you know what you've uploaded is private? Do you have to pick an option for the thread added to be private or does it do it automatically?
Reply 51
Original post by aimwaters
This is probably a really silly question but I haven't used TSR a lot so just need to make sure. How do you know what you've uploaded is private? Do you have to pick an option for the thread added to be private or does it do it automatically?

The forum itself is private so only you and the reviewers can see it. No one else will ever be able to access it.
Reply 52
Original post by aimwaters

Can you see any of the other threads in the forum?

No, which shows that nobody else can see yours.
Can I request a second review after I modified my personal statement?
how long does it take for the reviews to be done and also do you send your PS on 'Submitted PS Review' forum or 'PS Advice' forum
Original post by NigelCws
Can I request a second review after I modified my personal statement?

You are only guaranteed one review which you were told when you submitted your statement. You can submit a redraft but please do so in your original thread. Your reviewer may or may not have the time to give you a full review or answer your questions.

Original post by hodobikar
how long does it take for the reviews to be done and also do you send your PS on 'Submitted PS Review' forum or 'PS Advice' forum

If you have more than 100 posts on TSR the turnaround is about 3 working days from the time your statement is in the queue. If you have less than 100 posts on TSR it may be much longer than that. Submit your PS in the forum in my signature which is private.
Original post by alleycat393
You are only guaranteed one review which you were told when you submitted your statement. You can submit a redraft but please do so in your original thread. Your reviewer may or may not have the time to give you a full review or answer your questions.

If you have more than 100 posts on TSR the turnaround is about 3 working days from the time your statement is in the queue. If you have less than 100 posts on TSR it may be much longer than that. Submit your PS in the forum in my signature which is private.

Thank You So much!!!
Reply 57
Hi
I have submitted my personal statement to be reviewed and it's been approved, but now every time I try to open the thread, it takes me to a page saying :

" No thread specified. if you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator. "

What's that mean?
Any advice is appreciated, thanks 👍
Original post by Shoeib
Hi
I have submitted my personal statement to be reviewed and it's been approved, but now every time I try to open the thread, it takes me to a page saying :

" No thread specified. if you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator. "

What's that mean?
Any advice is appreciated, thanks 👍

There was a problem with your thread when I tried moving it after the review was done. The tech team are working on it and I will update you as soon as I know more. In the mean time please feel free to make a new thread in the 'submitted reviews' forum and I will tag your reviewer in case they still have your review saved and can resend it.

FYI: @Gothic Kitten @She-Ra @pleasedtobeatyou
Reply 59
Alleycat393

Thanks for clearing that for me. I was getting worried in case the PS been hacked lol and I haven't submitted my app to Ucas yet.

I'll open a new thread right now, please feel free to tag rest of the team. thanks
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending