The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It states we are getting posted into our preferred location and getting offers so the advice I'd give to everyone on 2066/15 is to sit tight... the planners are just deciding what Line Of Business to place is in :smile:
Original post by rebecca_:)
It states we are getting posted into our preferred location and getting offers so the advice I'd give to everyone on 2066/15 is to sit tight... the planners are just deciding what Line Of Business to place is in :smile:

That does sound positive. Jamz has had me starting to worry haha! Good luck everyone - shouldn't be too much longer now.
Original post by dagoro1
That does sound positive. Jamz has had me starting to worry haha! Good luck everyone - shouldn't be too much longer now.

Jamz is an utter tit, take no notice of anything he posts. And hope to god you don't get the same office as him when the offers eventually go out. Well done to the rest of you that have managed your anxiety and the delays without adding to the turmoil by stoking the Jamz fuelled fires....
Original post by eripley
Hi everyone, I spoke to a guy on the E & C recruitment Line (0300 123 1896) this morning and he confirmed (as per rebecca’s email above) that the formal offers have to be out by April 2017. He said that as long as you pre-employment checks have passed you should hear by April 2017 about a formal offer and start date. He did however say that the start date may be later than April 2017 (but I guess this is standard practice as they tend to issue formal offers at least a minimum of 4 weeks in advance of the start date). He also said that his team have taken on the responsibility of contacting candidates with provisional offers whom they require additional documentation for so as to ease the burden on the planners in issuing formal offers. He said that his team were putting pressure on the planners at each of the vacancy holder locations to issue as many formal offers as possible as quickly as possible. The gentleman was really helpful and informative.

I told him that my pre-employment checks had been successfully completed about 6 weeks ago. To which, he responded that I should be offered a formal offer in the next batches of formal offers being issued. He also said that formal offers are issued on merit basis. In my opinion I don’t think this is always the case as I know of people who have had lower competency scores being issued formal offers ahead of people with higher competency scores. So who knows?

So the gist of it is as that as long as your pre-employment checks have been successfully completed, you should hear about a formal offer by April 2017 as that is the deadline vacancy holder planners have been given from the higher-ups.

Thankyou for this - very helpful; do you know how/when you'll find out if passed PEC? Emails to Resourcing taking average of 5 days to be replied to at the moment and I'm loathe to email again and add to the work burden of the 1 person who seems to be carrying out the checks :wink: ! Thanks
Original post by Doll Parts
If you have evidence that people are not being appointed in merit order, raise a complaint with HMRC on the basis that the Civil Service Commission's Principles of Recruitment have been broken and it was not a fair and open competition, based on merit.

If still dissatisfied raise it with the Commission directly. Bear in mind that if they find that it was not a fair and open competition (based on merit) all those that have been recruited cannot meet the eligibility requirements for promotion.

Hi Doll Parts,

I've sent you a private message (very new to TSR) so unsure if you received lol.

Thanks in advance :smile:
Wonder if today is the day ??
Original post by dc850208
Wonder if today is the day ??

😂😂😂 *looks for the blue moon
My pre-employment checks were finally passed on 30/01/2017 for Liverpool. Original provisional offer back in August 2016. Really hoping for a March start date now! Does anybody know if formal offers/ start dates are via email or telephone?
Original post by tillymitz
My pre-employment checks were finally passed on 30/01/2017 for Liverpool. Original provisional offer back in August 2016. Really hoping for a March start date now! Does anybody know if formal offers/ start dates are via email or telephone?

You'll get an email and your CS jobs portal will update.

Did they tell you why it took so long? My checks were complete 28/9, still waiting for a start date mind you
Original post by ryan.m
You'll get an email and your CS jobs portal will update.

Did they tell you why it took so long? My checks were complete 28/9, still waiting for a start date mind you

No just the generic emails about the campaign being so large, no individual timelines available ect.

Oh no, I thought I'd be likely to get formal offer soon after checks complete but maybe not.

Such a frustrating process!
Reply 3450
Interesting, just noticed they're still advertising for band O Tax Professional Caseworkers in:

Edinburgh

Newcastle

Leeds

Nottingham

Bristol

Croydon

No just the generic emails about the campaign being so large, no individual timelines available ect.

Oh no, I thought I'd be likely to get formal offer soon after checks complete but maybe not.

Such a frustrating process!

Well from what we're being told now everyone should be in by April so hopefully not too long
Original post by ERush
Interesting, just noticed they're still advertising for band O Tax Professional Caseworkers in:

Edinburgh

Newcastle

Leeds

Nottingham

Bristol

Croydon

Hi there, are these jobs being advertised internally or externally please?
Reply 3453
Original post by eripley
Hi there, are these jobs being advertised internally or externally please?

Externally on CS Jobs, just upped the distance to 600 miles when searching...

Waiting in forlorn hope of a Valentine from Hector.
I've just received a form to fill out about Civil Service Pensions options, encouraging! The elusive start date must be near!!!
Reply 3455
I've just received a form to fill out about Civil Service Pensions options, encouraging! The elusive start date must be near!!!

I hope you're right, although I filled mine in three months ago! 😞
Original post by ERush
I hope you're right, although I filled mine in three months ago! 😞

I got mine about 2 months ago and nothing since.

That's just a default CSR tick box exercise that takes place when your pre-employment checks are completed, to dispatch your pension form. It finishes up their role in the process until the Formal Offer is issued,its completely unconnected to when/if you receive a Formal Offer from the vacancy holder.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jamz115
That's just a default CSR tick box exercise that takes place when your pre-employment checks are completed, to dispatch your pension form. It finishes up their role in the process until the Formal Offer is issued,its completely unconnected to when/if you receive a Formal Offer from the vacancy holder.

Im an external candidate and it was included in my PEC pack (3 weeks ago or thereabouts)......they did ask me to re-send a page from the Pension form - can I assume from that then that they have completed my PEC and that I have 'passed' it successfully?

Thanks
Original post by Bottle5
Im an external candidate and it was included in my PEC pack (3 weeks ago or thereabouts)......they did ask me to re-send a page from the Pension form - can I assume from that then that they have completed my PEC and that I have 'passed' it successfully?

Thanks

Probably best not to assume anything until your online portal account has been updated

Latest

Trending

Trending