The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why does the left love Islam so much?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r3NDeyR_1-U

Once again, PJW knows what he's talking about. The American and European leftists have been defending the mass migration of Muslims and the importation of Islam to the West when it directly contradicts the values that they supposedly stand for, such as tolerance for gays, tolerance for minorities, freedom and equality.

I'd be happy if we could continue to allow educated Muslims who have skills that we need to come here but letting in refugees, many of whom are radical and do not believe in the values that make our society great, is an awful idea. It would be better if countries like Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states took them in and we could give them some financial support.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by biglad2k16

Once again, PJW knows what he's talking about. The American and European leftists have been defending the mass migration of Muslims and the importation of Islam to the West when it directly contradicts the values that they supposedly stand for, such as tolerance for gays, tolerance for minorities, freedom and equality.

All major world faiths are against gay marriage according to their holy scriptures(including Christianity) not only Islam so why don't you also question people from other faiths migrating to Europe as well?
Reply 2
Original post by Sabz152
All major world faiths are against gay marriage according to their holy scriptures(including Christianity) not only Islam so why don't you also question people from other faiths migrating to Europe as well?

The problem with Islam compared to other religions is that Islamic societies are far less tolerant of gays. I'm nott all I about gay marriage but about the treatment of gays. Islam demands that they are killed. Christianity does not since Jesus declared that the Old Testament laws are no longer valid.
Original post by Sabz152

Perhaps because out of all the world religions (especially out the Abrahamic ones), Islam's the faith that hasn't been able to go with the flow when it comes to modernisation. Whilst Muslims manage to make Europe their home and integrate, the religion hasn't evolved at all.
Reply 4
The problem with Islam compared to other religions is that Islamic societies are far less tolerant of gays. I'm nott all I about gay marriage but about the treatment of gays. Islam demands that they are killed. Christianity does not since Jesus declared that the Old Testament laws are no longer valid.

Okay so if Jesus "supposedly" declared that the Old Testament laws are no oonger valid why is it still part of the Bible and why do Christians follow it. Moreover the Quran doesn't have a lot to say about homosexuality whereas in the Bible it says: Leviticus 20:13 (cf. 18:22) declares it abominable for a man to lie with another man as with a woman, and both partners are to be executed.

What do you have to say to that?
Reply 5
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Perhaps because out of all the world religions (especially out the Abrahamic ones), Islam's the faith that hasn't been able to go with the flow when it comes to modernisation. Whilst Muslims manage to make Europe their home and integrate, the religion hasn't evolved at all.

Nor have any other religion evolved: all the abrahamic religions stick to what their religion teaches . What evidence do you have for other religions especially abrahamic "apparently" evolving .
Original post by Sabz152

Any recent instances of Christians sentencing people to death for their homsexuality?
Reply 7
Original post by Sabz152
Okay so if Jesus "supposedly" declared that the Old Testament laws are no oonger valid why is it still part of the Bible and why do Christians follow it. Moreover the Quran doesn't have a lot to say about homosexuality whereas in the Bible it says: Leviticus 20:13 (cf. 18:22) declares it abominable for a man to lie with another man as with a woman, and both partners are to be executed.

Most Christians still believe that homosexuality is morally wrong. That's fine. But to believe that it is a crime that we should punish is nonsense. Most Muslims in the UK think it should be punished and if the refugees coming from Muslim countries are going to be far more radical since they come from societies where gays are executed. That has no place in our society.

Christians don't follow the laws of the Old Testament. With the coming of Christ, God established a new covenant with mankind (Ephesians 2:15). We are to love all people as we are all sinners and in need of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sabz152

1. You cannot unwrite the Bible. It is there because it is there. Obviously.

2. Leviticus is as barbaric as the Koran. Two wrongs do not make a right, though they do illustrate quite clearly how morality is entirely subjective and dependent on time, society and place.

As an intelligent, educated twenty-first century person it behoves you to think carefully before basing your morality on what superstitious desert-dwellers on two and three thousand years ago thought was proper.
Reply 9

I'd be happy if we could continue to allow educated Muslims who have skills that we need to come here but letting in refugees, many of whom are radical and do not believe in the values that make our society great, is an awful idea. It would be better if countries like Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states took them in and we could give them some financial support.

Maybe you should have added the last paragraph before the first time round? And also if the case comes down to refugees why are only targeting Muslim refuges why not all? Any uneducated refugee can have radical ideas and nay not be able to integrate into society and not believe in the so called 'values' you are talking about. Secondly why are you even targeting refugees I am sure you would t be saying that if you one coming from war torn countries-that's the problem with people like you who just do their best to divide society . Refugees will always be welcome in a loving countries in Europe!.
Original post by Sabz152
Nor have any other religion evolved: all the abrahamic religions stick to what their religion teaches . What evidence do you have for other religions especially abrahamic "apparently" evolving .

When was the last time Christians/Jews walked into a magazine building and shot the writers for mocking Jesus/Moses?
Also, in Denmark, there was some drawing over the Prophet and it caused protests amongst the Muslims.
Original post by Mathemagicien
But the ISOC was voted 2nd/3rd most helpful thread of the year!

Surely TSR wouldn't allow such a prominent thread to be openly preaching such backward views!

The ISOC have officially won at life.
But the ISOC was voted 2nd/3rd most helpful thread of the year!

And guess which members voted for it.
Reply 13
Original post by Sabz152
Maybe you should have added the last paragraph before the first time round? And also if the case comes down to refugees why are only targeting Muslim refuges why not all? Any uneducated refugee can have radical ideas and nay not be able to integrate into society and not believe in the so called 'values' you are talking about. Secondly why are you even targeting refugees I am sure you would t be saying that if you one coming from war torn countries-that's the problem with people like you who just do their best to divide society . Refugees will always be welcome in a loving countries in Europe!.

I added it to clarify my views. Most of the refugees that Europe took in last year were from Muslim societies, so the vast majority of them are Muslim. And we should also aim to prevent radicals from other religions but they aren't coming here in the first place.

I'm not 'targeting' refugees. I'm saying that
1) It's unsustainable to take them in.
2) Other countries, especially Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states, aren't taking them in.
3) We need to preserve our culture and our society. If we take in thousands of refugees from a different culture, we can't do that because their culture contradicts ours and the evidence points towards them not wanting to assimilate and accept our values.

Not wanting to take in millions of refugees doesn't make us unloving. It makes us sensible.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Good bloke
1. You cannot unwrite the Bible. It is there because it is there. Obviously.

2. Leviticus is as barbaric as the Koran. Two wrongs do not make a right, though they do illustrate quite clearly how morality is entirely subjective and dependent on time, society and place.

As an intelligent, educated twenty-first century person it behoves you to think carefully before basing your morality on what superstitious desert-dwellers on two and three thousand years ago thought was proper.

Believing in a religion isn't superstitious and you can't exactly say people thought homosexuality was wrong only two three thousand years ago people still do.
Original post by Sabz152
Believing in a religion isn't superstitious

Indeed, it is. Religion is institutionalised superstition. Both are irrational beliefs.
Reply 16
For the millionth time. The left doesn't like Islam. It is the liberals who do. The Soviet Union banned anyone travelling to Mecca.
Pretty sure the punishment for homosexuality is just lashes but even so those are aspects of the religion I'd never dream of following considering well, 99% of my friends are queer.

Funny how so far (IN MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE) it's just the Straights™ who've been disgustingly xenophobic towards me :smile:

Some of the comments on ISOC gave me pancreatic cancer
Original post by Sabz152
Well obviously Muslims will react in this way if their religion was being disrespected what else do expect them to go and shower them with flowers. I am sure an intelligent individual like you would understand that . Also Christians have never had to face their religion being disrespected on such a large scale or otherwise they would do the same what was the crusades about?

Are you actually trying to justify the Charlie Hebdo attacks? No I don't understand you because I'm not deluded or a disgusting excuse for a human being.

Hindus/Christians/Jews get fun of in comedy shows all the time. I laugh along with the jokes about Hindus. You don't see me killing people and destroying families.
I'm guessing a lot. Which means either TSR is majority muslim and there is a significant minority who agree with ISOC's views, or TSR is minority muslim and most muslims agree with the ISOC.

If so many muslims agree with the ISOC, it surely can't be that extreme?

An ISOC-opposed Muslim wouldn't be seen as a 'true' Muslim by other (pro-ISOC) Muslims.

Latest

Trending

Trending