Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham College Allocation Thread - 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by madboo
Yes I am because I'm still deciding if I'm actually going to go to Durham, Bristol is looking quite appealing at the moment

me too! I'm torn between UCL and Durham, hopefully the visit will help me make up my mind
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 181
Original post by gh0527
me too! I'm torn between UCL and Durham, hopefully the visit will help me make up my mind

yeah hopefully me too :/ I didn't like the Durham course as much tbh... but I do love the whole collegiate thing
Hi all,

Is there anyone who still hasn't heard which college they have been allocated? My daughter got an offer from Durham back in October or November, but hasn't heard anything about her college. She applied to St Mary's, if that's relevant.

Thanks.
Original post by hairyhippo
Hi all,

Is there anyone who still hasn't heard which college they have been allocated? My daughter got an offer from Durham back in October or November, but hasn't heard anything about her college. She applied to St Mary's, if that's relevant.

Thanks.

If you look on https://www.dur.ac.uk/postofferinvite then you can see which college she has been allocated if you go through to start booking an open day (all the information that you'll need to get through should be on the email from Durham for the offer itself). As she has an offer, she will have been allocated a college but the email from the college probably hasn't come through yet- mine came yesterday evening but I still know some people who haven't received email confirmation yet.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jessnox
If you look on https://www.dur.ac.uk/postofferinvite then you can see which college she has been allocated if you go through to start booking an open day (all the information that you'll need to get through should be on the email from Durham for the offer itself). As she has an offer, she will have been allocated a college but the email from the college probably hasn't come through yet- mine came yesterday evening but I still know some people who haven't received email confirmation yet.

Thanks Jessnox - we did have a look at that yesterday though and couldn't see anything on the booking form about her college. Is the info on the first page or somewhere else?
Thanks Jessnox - we did have a look at that yesterday though and couldn't see anything on the booking form about her college. Is the info on the first page or somewhere else?

If you go on as to book a post offer open day in march and input your details then on the third page (about what sort of visit you want) there will be the three options for visits whilst you are there (residential etc) and next to it should be the college that has been allocated
Original post by Jessnox
If you go on as to book a post offer open day in march and input your details then on the third page (about what sort of visit you want) there will be the three options for visits whilst you are there (residential etc) and next to it should be the college that has been allocated

Thanks, we'll have another look tonight then :smile:
I got into St Aidans as well! What subject are you planning to study?
Reply 188
I originally applied to St Chad's and then on Mon received an email from Butler saying I had been allocated there! Was v. unhappy because I wanted a pretty, old college (not one that I'm older than!)... just received an email out of the blue from St Chad's saying it was a mistake!!!
Reply 189
Original post by lay98
I originally applied to St Chad's and then on Mon received an email from Butler saying I had been allocated there! Was v. unhappy because I wanted a pretty, old college (not one that I'm older than!)... just received an email out of the blue from St Chad's saying it was a mistake!!!

Has anybody had similar experiences???
Hello! Did anybody get allocated to University College?
Reply 191
My daughter got allocated to University College.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Phoebb
Ahh thanks! It looks really nice actually; glad I'm going there now...if i get the grades (-_-)
Maybe I'll see you there without even realising then! :smile:

Hopefully!! Are you going to one of the visit days?
St Cuth's eyy (and this is the part where I say that I went there and then chose it because it's 2 mins from the music faculty.........)
I still haven't received my allocation email... should I be concerned?
Original post by thesarcasticone
I still haven't received my allocation email... should I be concerned?

Not at all! They are still haven't finished making standard offers, and so allocations are bound to take a little longer.
Hi all,

Thanks.

My daughter also received offer back in October and still hasn't received her email either. I used the form method to find out that she'd been allocated to St. John's. She'd applied to st. Chads. It sounds as if some colleges might not have emailed yet.
Original post by lay98

Wow! Haven't heard that before. congrats!
Reply 198
Original post by baznoy
Hopefully!! Are you going to one of the visit days?

Yeah; the one on 22nd but staying overnight on 21st as live disgustingly far away
Original post by mynameistara
Hello! Did anybody get allocated to University College?

Yaaaaaaaaas I did!! What course you doing??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending