The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rower999
Has anyone had a languages offer yet??

Me, but I applied in October and got it back in November.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by soccermom39
I think I've heard of 3-4 people getting eco offers. Mainly RUK though; perhaps one is eu, though no Scots so far I don't think

Thanks 😊 ! We are both waiting - still! Although they said we would hear this week or def next so not long now. Am not overly worried as seems offer unlikely even with high grades. So trying not to gnaw my nails to the bone meantime 😂
(edited 7 years ago)
If I've been invited to a visit day, do you think it's possible to reject me before then? Visit day is 6 days before their deadline
Original post by mayushii29
If I've been invited to a visit day, do you think it's possible to reject me before then? Visit day is 6 days before their deadline

Give admissions a phone - good luck!
Original post by Econhopeful17
Spoke to admissions - we will hear this week and latest next 🤔

i'm not ready for my imminent rejection :frown:
Hi! Has anybody got an offer for Classics?
Original post by Lauren1498x
i'm not ready for my imminent rejection :frown:

Ditto but equally rather just know and get the 'tears/upset/God how crap am I' over with 😭
Ditto but equally rather just know and get the 'tears/upset/God how crap am I' over with 😭

i don't even know what I'll do either way, so tempted still to try again for Oxford, I keep having dreams about it lmao
Reply 1128
Original post by mynameistara

My friend has, and he's RUK

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rower999
French and German😊 Have you applied anywhere else in the U.K.?

That's awesome! I applied to St. Andrews, Glasgow, Edinburgh, UCL and Southampton, I have offers from Glasgow and Southampton! What about you? 😊
i don't even know what I'll do either way, so tempted still to try again for Oxford, I keep having dreams about it lmao

My fall back is Glasgow, so will do that. But I know ppl who took a gap year and where successful second time round. I would do what your gut tells you! It's not a race so I don't see taking a gap year as anything but a positive! Uhhh waiting is horrific 🙈
My fall back is Glasgow, so will do that. But I know ppl who took a gap year and where successful second time round. I would do what your gut tells you! It's not a race so I don't see taking a gap year as anything but a positive! Uhhh waiting is horrific 🙈

glasgow's so nice I wish I applied there instead of edinburgh! Do you reckon the decision will turn up on track first or an email??:s-smilie:
glasgow's so nice I wish I applied there instead of edinburgh! Do you reckon the decision will turn up on track first or an email??:s-smilie:

Well with my other offers, twice had the email and once randomly logged in and saw offer, email arrived 3 days later!
Reply 1133
My daughter got an unconditional for Economics on Monday(Scottish Applicant).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wencal
My daughter got an unconditional for Economics on Monday(Scottish Applicant).

Posted from TSR Mobile

An unconditional!!! That's very impressive, I haven't heard anyone get one before. Congrats.
Original post by La Sinjoro
An unconditional!!! That's very impressive, I haven't heard anyone get one before. Congrats.

Scottish students already have achieved their grades by 5th year, we apply most often in 6th year and this are next to always unconditional.....
Scottish applicants to SA will generally already have AAAAA
Original post by EdgyGem
Scottish students already have achieved their grades by 5th year, we apply most often in 6th year and this are next to always unconditional.....
Scottish applicants to SA will generally already have AAAAA

I see. Feel a bit of a pillock now. Ah well, still a good thing to get an offer.
Original post by mynameistara

My friend has one (RUK)
Has anyone gotten an offer for Psychology? EU applicant btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mayushii29
Anyone fancy phoning up the chemistry department?

Did you call them? I am desperat to hear why they take so long :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending