The Student Room Group

Ladies of TSR, what is your favourite makeup brand?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
dick
I'm currently using a lot of colourpop products and they're absolutely amazing. Definitely gonna shop more once they do a free international shipping promotion haha.
(I recommend the Bumble matte liquid lipstick, Wisp highlighter. Most of the shadows I use are really nice and pigmented)
I also use Lancome teint idol foundation which is quite good
I use MAC fix+ spray in every make-up routine because it settles down my makeup and gives a dewy look...?
Also, South Korean brands such as innisfree and etude house do a lot of cute make up products and amazing skincare
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
I love L'Oréal! Brilliant prices for the quality of the products. The foundation is brill however I have to buy two different colours to match my skin tone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LOVE Illamasqua :love:
Dolly Wink and MAC. :smile:
Reply 6
Ttingtox
Dior/Maybelline/L'oreal
Original post by RedManc
Ttingtox

Ttingtox really brings out the anonymous in you!
Revolution eye make up palettes are amazing as they're often dupes of high end make up brands such as the UD naked palettes or ABH :smile:
I don't use any high-end make up products, everything I use is from drugstores like Boots or Superdrug.
Rimmel is probably my favourite generally, along with Maybelline.

Barry M for nail varnish, Make Up Revolution for eyeshadow palettes, Collection for concealer and primer, Maybelline for eyeliner and mascara, Rimmel for eyebrow pencils, lipstick and powder, L'oreal for foundation

Real Techniques orange blending sponge is the work of Gods
Mac, nyx and urban decay
I'm not really into makeup, well to each on their own.
So i use not so high end stuff.

NYX, essence and elf products work for me!
Reply 13
Higher end: Charlotte Tilbury, Urban Decay and MAC
High street: Maybelline, L'Oreal, Max Factor
I love Pandora
I'm just going to take a second here to vent about how god awful NYX Lip Lingerie and Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip lipsticks are. The formulas are possibly the worst thing I have ever dealt with. They are so drying and they look awful when they've been on for over an hour :frown: it's annoying because they're so hyped about so I thought they'd be good! Stila and Jeffree Star liquid lipsticks are 100x better :smile:

I also think NARS Creamy Concealer is really overrated too. I used a Maybelline concealer for years and I wanted to try the NARS one because of how hyped it was. Again, it's a disappointment. It works well, but no better than most drugstore makeup brands - definitely not worth the 20 quid!
Reply 16
Original post by Amefish
I'm just going to take a second here to vent about how god awful NYX Lip Lingerie and Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip lipsticks are. The formulas are possibly the worst thing I have ever dealt with. They are so drying and they look awful when they've been on for over an hour :frown: it's annoying because they're so hyped about so I thought they'd be good! Stila and Jeffree Star liquid lipsticks are 100x better :smile:

I also think NARS Creamy Concealer is really overrated too. I used a Maybelline concealer for years and I wanted to try the NARS one because of how hyped it was. Again, it's a disappointment. It works well, but no better than most drugstore makeup brands - definitely not worth the 20 quid!

Totally agree with you about the NYX Lip Lingerie! It swatched so nicely on my hand too- really disappointing. I've never tried Colorpop but ugh don't you just hate it when you buy these things 'cause everyone is raving about them and they end up being crap? I feel cheated ha!
Original post by BioJo
Totally agree with you about the NYX Lip Lingerie! It swatched so nicely on my hand too- really disappointing. I've never tried Colorpop but ugh don't you just hate it when you buy these things 'cause everyone is raving about them and they end up being crap? I feel cheated ha!

I know! Do people actually rave about them because they think they're good or because they wanna look cool?
French, Italian, Korean, American and British brands are good.
Original post by Amefish

I do agree colourpop ultra matte lipstick are hard to pull off because they really dry up your lips and feels thick. But I have learned that if you just put a bit on your lips and spread it with like a q tip or something, it feels more comfortable and looks still as pigmented.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending