The Student Room Group

I need to do this for myself - AAA!

Hi.

I'm going to do this for myself. I want to be able to say that for once in my life, i did this. i put effort in, i worked hard and i did it!

I think I tried to start a similar thing before but I didn't know it was called grow your grades lol. (sorry i'm not much of a tsr user) and then I forgot I had even started the thread :colondollar:

My A Level subjects
Chemistry
Geography
Biology

In my mocks, I got DDC so yeah. Not very good. Not good at all. So i'm gonna work at it

My issue is that I am the worst procrastinator. I don't even think I have worked for an hour straight before. I want to be able to work properly for 2 hours and actually achieve something, than work for 6 hours but achieve nothing because I am just sat near my desk watching youtube but with my textbooks out.

91 days till my first and only resit exam. i am not going to focus on this resit, because otherwise i won't do well in my a levels. maybe two or three weeks before. I don't know. Atleast i have a grade to fall back on with one.

117 days till my first A Level exam.

So yeah, lets see what i can do.
Reply 1
Best of luck!! You can do it, keeping working hard.

Go and get it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
but first, I have a theory test coming up. And i haven't heard of anyone who actually fails on this, so i'm going to stop my a level stuff (stop wtf i hardly started) and do this.

any tips and advice on the theory or a level stuff is welcome.

i am currently working on the multiple choice questions i am on question 200 and i need to get to 1000.
Reply 3
Original post by g_a1
Best of luck!! You can do it, keeping working hard.

Go and get it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Really appreciate it! :smile:
Reply 4
16/02/2017

I passed my theory! YES.

Now, I've had a bit of a break, and I'm about to start some AS Level Chemistry - i haven't touched this in a while. Thinking of joining the all day revision thread - see how it goes.
Original post by tmifan
16/02/2017

I passed my theory! YES.

Now, I've had a bit of a break, and I'm about to start some AS Level Chemistry - i haven't touched this in a while. Thinking of joining the all day revision thread - see how it goes.

Yay! Well done on passing!

And also, is A level geography difficult? I don't know anyone actually taking it just because it didn't interest any of us, but I'm still curious.
Reply 6
Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
Yay! Well done on passing!

And also, is A level geography difficult? I don't know anyone actually taking it just because it didn't interest any of us, but I'm still curious.

It is okay, it is not as hard to get an A in compared to other subjects - the grade boundaries are quite low - i think last year AS you needed about 65% for an A or something like that.

But A2 is harder than i thought it would be. There is a very ugly 40 mark question to do that I still haven't figured out how to tackle to get myself decent marks.

But hey, I would take it over maths anyday (i dropped maths last year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest