The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Accounting and Finance Applicants & Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by drgainz
So sad to hear that!
I wish everyone the best of luck with your offers, if you have any questions, @ me!
(I'm a 2nd year A&F student at LSE atm)

I got ABB at AS and am predicted AAA, in this 1st week of the 4 week email. Maths Econ Business. I was pretty pleased with my personal statement, do you have have any idea if I have much of a chance?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
Original post by studentwfc
I got ABB at AS and am predicted AAA, in this 1st week of the 4 week email. Maths Econ Business. I was pretty pleased with my personal statement, do you have have any idea if I have much of a chance?

You do have a chance IMO Though I am not sure how slim/big your chances are. I'm not sure if business AS-Level may lower your chances as it isnt regarded as a 'hard' subject. however you achieved an A in maths? (thats good). LSE places a large emphasis on personal statements; I wrote about Coordination Games in my personal statement, and we were just taught this in my econ module this year (2nd yr)lol. If your B grades were fairly close to an A and there is a good chance you will achieve your predicted grades then you have a good chance of receiving an offer.
Original post by drgainz
So sad to hear that!
I wish everyone the best of luck with your offers, if you have any questions, @ me!

Hi, was just wondering based on your cohort, what do you know about the average gcses for an A&F student and how to I fair on being made an offer:

GCSE 2A* 6A 3B 1C
AS: AAAB
Predicted A*AA
Currently 6/8 weeks.

thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by AD490995
Hi, was just wondering based on your cohort, what do you know about the average gcses for an A&F student and how to I fair on being made an offer:

GCSE 2A* 6A 3B 1C
Predicted A*AA
Currently 6/8 weeks.

thanks

What subjects you taking in A level?
Reply 24
Original post by AD490995

GCSE 2A* 6A 3B 1C
Predicted A*AA
Currently 6/8 weeks.

thanks

hi,
what subjects did you take for AS and what did you get the B in? What were your A*s in for GCSE?
I'm not too sure about the average gcses for my cohort but as far as i know there were very few people who achieved maybe 8-10A*s. I got 5A* 5A 1B for gcse.
You've got a good chance due to your AS results and predictions. GCSE matter if your cohort is strong this year and it will be used for comparison.
Got an offer today :smile:
Original post by tictactoe5
Got an offer today :smile:

Can you please tell us your stats, congratulations!
Thanks!
GCSE: 6 A* 5A
As AAAB maths biology history chemistry, in that order
A2 predicted AAA maths biology history
Got an offer on Friday evening! (10/02/17)
Original post by echozulu
Got an offer on Friday evening! (10/02/17)

Congratss! Can you please tell us your stats
Original post by Seif toma
Congratss! Can you please tell us your stats

Thank you!
GCSE: 5A* 5A
AS: AAAB - Maths, Economics, Accounting, Politics
A2 predicted: A*A*AA + B (EPQ)
Original post by F1 USM
Yeah, it would be my around my 10th week including the Christmas break, I got the 8 week email on the 21st November. I'm surprised I made it this far tbh.. my GCSE'S are poor, AAABBCCCG, but for AS I got AA (Maths + EPQ), so it must be my personal statement getting me this far :/.... what about you??

Hello!
If you dont mind could you tell me how is the process of making a decision?
Ive heard about initial assessment, 8 week procession,4 week...and Im a bit confused how the process exactly is
How was your offer made?

Thank you
International student from the the Netherlands here. Rejected because of my personal statement.

**** this feels bad. This was the school I had been dreaming about. While I knew my chances were slim, I was hoping to get in. This feels so ****ing bad. There are other schools I could go to, but this one was the dream.

Original post by davidian22
International student from the the Netherlands here. Rejected because of my personal statement.

**** this feels bad. This was the school I had been dreaming about. While I knew my chances were slim, I was hoping to get in. This feels so ****ing bad. There are other schools I could go to, but this one was the dream.

So sorry to hear that, it's extremely competitive tbh. But can you tell us what your A level grades and subjects were. Hopefully u have offers from other unis
Original post by Seif toma
So sorry to hear that, it's extremely competitive tbh. But can you tell us what your A level grades and subjects were. Hopefully u have offers from other unis

Have one from the University of Manchester, but that is not that amazing. I am not in the British curriculum, I am in the Dutch one. I'll try to explain: I am in the highest form of high school here: in a gymnasium. ATM it looks like I will finish HS summa c u m (TSR bans this word) laude.

Some of my ECs: treasurer of muck-up day, tutoring, investing myself since a few years, in the national squad for my sport.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by davidian22

So Sorry to hear that...
May I know if you have received the 8or 4 week email? when did you apply?
Original post by matthewchen
So Sorry to hear that...
May I know if you have received the 8or 4 week email? when did you apply?

I did not receive an 8 or 4 week email. I sent in my application on the 14th of January.
Original post by drgainz
So sad to hear that!

@drgainz hey, I was wondering how many days and hours a week you have lectures. Also, is it just lectures or do you also have smaller classes?
Reply 38
Original post by tictactoe5
@drgainz hey, I was wondering how many days and hours a week you have lectures. Also, is it just lectures or do you also have smaller classes?

hi
I have classes and lectures.
atm I have 7 hours of lectures a week and 4 hours of classes a week.
I dont go to any of the lectures but watch some of them online as they are recorded.
:smile:
Thanks! :smile:
How many people are there in your class?
So if you did attend all lectures and classes, how many days would u be going in to the uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending