The Student Room Group

How long does it take you to take notes for one topic?

I feel like it takes me so long to do all my notes for one topic, do you have any advice??? I feel like I will never finish my notes on time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Right now I just go through the specification since its only the important stuff.
Reply 2
Original post by Cherub012
Right now I just go through the specification since its only the important stuff.

I go through the specification too, but I still feel like doing all my notes just for one topic takes very long and in the end i always end up giving up and not wanting to do it anymore. How do you organise and take your notes for each subject?
Original post by Elena 365
I go through the specification too, but I still feel like doing all my notes just for one topic takes very long and in the end i always end up giving up and not wanting to do it anymore. How do you organise and take your notes for each subject?

What do you mean by very long?

What subjects?

And what do you class as a topic?
Reply 4
I don't use notes at all. But of course everyone studies differently. All I do is constantly rewrite my textbook (well it works for me)
Just continue making your notes, if that is what helps you. Just remember we have ages until exams (over 3 months!) So there is no need to be worrying right now
Reply 5

What subjects?

It took me an hour to go through a gcse physics module without doing any questions

I think I am spending too much time on physics.
Reply 6

What subjects?

For example in psychology when I take my notes for the topic social influence.
Reply 7
I didn't bother making notes for my subjects, and just got them online from GetRevising and google.
I feel like it takes me so long to do all my notes for one topic, do you have any advice??? I feel like I will never finish my notes on time.

I usually just skim read a textbook for every subject; I refrain from writing and only write when I absolutely have to.
Reply 9
Original post by Rexar
I don't use notes at all. But of course everyone studies differently. All I do is constantly rewrite my textbook (well it works for me)
Just continue making your notes, if that is what helps you. Just remember we have ages until exams (over 3 months!) So there is no need to be worrying right now

What subjects do you take?
How long does it take you approximately to copy the textbook for one topic?
Original post by stoyfan
It took me an hour to go through a gcse physics module without doing any questions

I think I am spending too much time on physics.

Nah an hour sounds fine.

For example in psychology when I take my notes for the topic social influence.

Hmmm. Maybe break your notes - don't write in full sentences. It might be too detailed. And try and write in your own words.
Reply 11
Nah an hour sounds fine.

Hmmm. Maybe break your notes - don't write in full sentences. It might be too detailed. And try and write in your own words.

Maths, triple science.
Just wanted to ask those of you trying to make notes for chemistry: How do you make solid notes for that subject which involves so many diagrams and equations that can't be typed.

Secondly, say you manage to get hold of pre-made notes online, how then do you revise the information on that? Highlighting? Rewriting them? What's the best way?
The best way that I think about it is one step at a time. Like today, I will write notes for two chapters then I can stop worrying about the full picture and just focus on one part at a time.

I would always write your own notes or reword pre-made notes, it helps you understand the content better. Highlighting isn't an effective way of revising unless its from your own notes.

Just my opinion.
Reply 15
How long does it take you approximately to copy the textbook for one topic?

I take maths physics, and D&T. I would say that for physics and D&T one topic takes me around 1 week or a lil but less to copy out the text book (I write everything round 3-7 times and make sure I memorise and understand it). This is through studying around 1 hours a day (per subject).
When it gets closer to exams I study loads and I get through a topic in around 2 hours. (By this time I know the topic well tho)
I hope to have gone through the textbook around 3-4 times before my exams

(One topic in maths takes around 1 minute which is why I didn't mention it)
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest