The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University for the Creative Arts
University for the Creative Arts
Farnham

UCA FARNHAM- Animation Foundation Degree

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SnipSnap
God,just the thought scares me.At the very least It was good preparation for the working world,even if you didn't end up getting a place there in the end (props to you for being the one to get things going,I probably wouldn't have just sat there in awkward silence).

Yeah,I know a lot of people use photoshop instead but I could never afford to pay for it so I've used paint tool sai instead for the last,maybe 3 years (because its way cheaper and because I prefer its simpler layout).
Damn thats a great grade,you wheren't kidding when you said you where top of your class :smile:.

Yuuuuup,just gotta do all that.I'm sure you'll make a ton of friends,heck,we only just started talking and already I think you seem pretty great.You'll do fine ^^

Yeah ive been put through a lot of life situations, (for my age anyway) ill be able to handle it but its still nerve racking. Yeah sometimes u gotta give it ur best, u may not know whos watching you.

I would advice u not to invest in photoshop unless ur earning a lot of money or someones paying on ur behalf. Adobe is soo stingy its ridiculous. Ive contacted them many times and the discount for students isnt all that. U pay a small price at the beginning and afterwards u pay the full price its diabolical. Ive used photoshop in college but not really for drawing. Plus they are so possessive of their software they only do monthly subscriptions now, so forget about owning your own photoshop packages. If u want the hard copy of photoshop u can only Buy the old versions and thats like £300. (I think)

I found sai paint tool through artist that use it on deviantart. Lets just say i was envious of there awesome work and wanted to try it out myself. Im getting there but still meed a lot of practise. My old work is now on my usb. Ive had sai more than 3 years now. (Lost count)

As for my grade i was in the top 3. One of my friends got the highest grade in the class. She got triple D*.( D*D*D*) i got double D* (D*D*D). She got bettr on one of the units than i did. 😌 Its was a gd (friendly) class rivalry between us on who would get the top grade. Lol

Definitely i think we will get on very well. Im sure ull find many friends too.
Students on campus at the University for the Creative Arts
University for the Creative Arts
Farnham
Original post by cresselle
Yeah ive been put through a lot of life situations, (for my age anyway) ill be able to handle it but its still nerve racking. Yeah sometimes u gotta give it ur best, u may not know whos watching you.

I would advice u not to invest in photoshop unless ur earning a lot of money or someones paying on ur behalf. Adobe is soo stingy its ridiculous. Ive contacted them many times and the discount for students isnt all that. U pay a small price at the beginning and afterwards u pay the full price its diabolical. Ive used photoshop in college but not really for drawing. Plus they are so possessive of their software they only do monthly subscriptions now, so forget about owning your own photoshop packages. If u want the hard copy of photoshop u can only Buy the old versions and thats like £300. (I think)

I found sai paint tool through artist that use it on deviantart. Lets just say i was envious of there awesome work and wanted to try it out myself. Im getting there but still meed a lot of practise. My old work is now on my usb. Ive had sai more than 3 years now. (Lost count)

As for my grade i was in the top 3. One of my friends got the highest grade in the class. She got triple D*.( D*D*D*) i got double D* (D*D*D). She got bettr on one of the units than i did. 😌 Its was a gd (friendly) class rivalry between us on who would get the top grade. Lol

Definitely i think we will get on very well. Im sure ull find many friends too.

Yeah don't worry I'm aware,its why I brought clip studio paint,it cost me about £30 and its got most of the same tools as photoshop.The only up side to having photoshop would be that its more common place in 'industry',but even then its better to learn how to use it through school and then use that knowledge when your required to use the program again.

Huh,I actually found it through Deviantart too.Someone I met on there suggested I buy it instead of trying to pirate photoshop.

Thats still super impressive,hopefully that friendly class rivalry will also be present at UCA.

Hopefully,I know out of everything im mostly only worried about the whole moving away and trying to make friends part.
Reply 22
Yeah don't worry I'm aware,its why I brought clip studio paint,it cost me about £30 and its got most of the same tools as photoshop.The only up side to having photoshop would be that its more common place in 'industry',but even then its better to learn how to use it through school and then use that knowledge when your required to use the program again.

Huh,I actually found it through Deviantart too.Someone I met on there suggested I buy it instead of trying to pirate photoshop.

Thats still super impressive,hopefully that friendly class rivalry will also be present at UCA.

Hopefully,I know out of everything im mostly only worried about the whole moving away and trying to make friends part.

Yh silly thing is im quite forgetful but im a quick learner so it should be ok. Bruh thats way cheaper. Hurray for softwares that are actually affordable! Do u have a deviantart account. I do but its been a bit neglected. Gotta start posting on there again. Maybe a drawing a week.

Im worried about cost and moving out. 😩 I overthink about too many things it's ridiculous.
I think the funniest thing will be someone saying oh yh im goodish at drawing and thn bam! They hit u with those sketches that literally blow u away.
Yh silly thing is im quite forgetful but im a quick learner so it should be ok. Bruh thats way cheaper. Hurray for softwares that are actually affordable! Do u have a deviantart account. I do but its been a bit neglected. Gotta start posting on there again. Maybe a drawing a week.

Im worried about cost and moving out. 😩 I overthink about too many things it's ridiculous.
I think the funniest thing will be someone saying oh yh im goodish at drawing and thn bam! They hit u with those sketches that literally blow u away.

Ikr,It was on sale at the time so I was able to get the fancy pro version for £30,same as the standard version.Gotta love dem sweet sweet savings.
Ye I got a deviantart account,I haven't been active in a very long time so most the stuff on there is kinda crappy (I really need to get round to uploading some of my nice art).

Oh Yeah I 100% get what you mean,I know I have this one friend thats like 'I just drew this lil doodle' and its a million times better than something I can draw.
Reply 24
Ikr,It was on sale at the time so I was able to get the fancy pro version for £30,same as the standard version.Gotta love dem sweet sweet savings.
Ye I got a deviantart account,I haven't been active in a very long time so most the stuff on there is kinda crappy (I really need to get round to uploading some of my nice art).

Oh Yeah I 100% get what you mean,I know I have this one friend thats like 'I just drew this lil doodle' and its a million times better than something I can draw.

Haha true. Im such as sucker for savings. I think ill be able to budgit well in uni. (Hopefully) im one of those super organised freaks that take into account the nigh impossible situations. Lol. ( that makes me sound really scary 😂😭, dont be afraid)

Ah dw my original da was atrocious. I deleted it a few years ago and made a more professional account. (Pst its not that professional) ill send over the link to it

http://cresselle.deviantart.com

Yh tell me about it. U look at their work and just faint from sheer awesomeness. U even hear the angels choir singing with the holy light effects conpleting the show.
Haha true. Im such as sucker for savings. I think ill be able to budgit well in uni. (Hopefully) im one of those super organised freaks that take into account the nigh impossible situations. Lol. ( that makes me sound really scary 😂😭, dont be afraid)

Ah dw my original da was atrocious. I deleted it a few years ago and made a more professional account. (Pst its not that professional) ill send over the link to it

http://cresselle.deviantart.com

Yh tell me about it. U look at their work and just faint from sheer awesomeness. U even hear the angels choir singing with the holy light effects conpleting the show.

Dude,Im exactly the same.I'm the type of person that spends an hour being like 'yeah but do I REALLY need this' before buying anything.

YoOOOOOO,that drawing of the horse you did is awesome ^^.My DA's http://snapplecrackers.deviantart.com/ .A lot of it is crappy anime/pokemon stuff but im at least semi proud of some of recent stuff.

yUUUUUUUP.And then you wonder why they don't realize their work is super amazing .
Reply 26
Dude,Im exactly the same.I'm the type of person that spends an hour being like 'yeah but do I REALLY need this' before buying anything.

YoOOOOOO,that drawing of the horse you did is awesome ^^.My DA's http://snapplecrackers.deviantart.com/ .A lot of it is crappy anime/pokemon stuff but im at least semi proud of some of recent stuff.

yUUUUUUUP.And then you wonder why they don't realize their work is super amazing .

Pffft talk about crappy artwork. *shakes furiously* wake up! Ur artworks AMAZING! Way better than mine. Its been years since ive drawn digitally, my fingers wouldnt remember to put layers down. Ur real gd. Give urself some credit. I love ur pokemon artworks and the lil comic strip u got going on. 👌👍 ur recent one is amazing. Love the style u have.

Thxs most ppl say thats my best work but i know i can do better. I tend to doodle half the time so drawing seriously takes awhile. Need to start doing more realistic drawings now. If u went on my journals theres a link to one of my friends profiles. Shes mostly on instgram but she does amazing photo realistic artwork.

Shes one of those ppl who say im not that gd but thn ull die when u see her work. I gave her the crown for her drawing skills. I admitted defeat on that forefront of our (friendly) rivalry.

Btw this post is turning into a chatroom. 😂
Pffft talk about crappy artwork. *shakes furiously* wake up! Ur artworks AMAZING! Way better than mine. Its been years since ive drawn digitally, my fingers wouldnt remember to put layers down. Ur real gd. Give urself some credit. I love ur pokemon artworks and the lil comic strip u got going on. 👌👍 ur recent one is amazing. Love the style u have.

Thxs most ppl say thats my best work but i know i can do better. I tend to doodle half the time so drawing seriously takes awhile. Need to start doing more realistic drawings now. If u went on my journals theres a link to one of my friends profiles. Shes mostly on instgram but she does amazing photo realistic artwork.

Shes one of those ppl who say im not that gd but thn ull die when u see her work. I gave her the crown for her drawing skills. I admitted defeat on that forefront of our (friendly) rivalry.

Btw this post is turning into a chatroom. 😂

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa thanks.

Yeah,most my art tends to be lil fun doodles I've done while bored (this is why theres a lot more recent stuff my scraps).Oh yeah I saw her stuff and dang the is AMAZING,I only wish I was that good.She has a real talent.

Yeah I can see why.I know my buddy http://yubitsume000.deviantart.com/ does some awesome semi realistic digital paintings,She says she's only decent but thats a LIE.

Lol yeah,you wanna maybe add each other on skype or discord and continue the conversation there?
Reply 28
Aaaaaaaaaaaaa thanks.

Yeah,most my art tends to be lil fun doodles I've done while bored (this is why theres a lot more recent stuff my scraps).Oh yeah I saw her stuff and dang the is AMAZING,I only wish I was that good.She has a real talent.

Yeah I can see why.I know my buddy http://yubitsume000.deviantart.com/ does some awesome semi realistic digital paintings,She says she's only decent but thats a LIE.

Lol yeah,you wanna maybe add each other on skype or discord and continue the conversation there?

Yh i do doodles too. Realistic art takes a lot of time. I did that for my artwork for gcses. Ur friends work is really intriguing. I like the style of it. My fav is the one with the deer in it. I could look at it all day. The lighting is done perfectly. I dont even know if i have skype? Lol i think i do but never use it. Im mostly on whatsapp, pinterest and just got line. Though whatsapp is where im at. Obviously for safety reason pm me ur details 👍🙂
Yh i do doodles too. Realistic art takes a lot of time. I did that for my artwork for gcses. Ur friends work is really intriguing. I like the style of it. My fav is the one with the deer in it. I could look at it all day. The lighting is done perfectly. I dont even know if i have skype? Lol i think i do but never use it. Im mostly on whatsapp, pinterest and just got line. Though whatsapp is where im at. Obviously for safety reason pm me ur details 👍🙂

Yup it sure does,I personally prefer more expressive cartoony art,but thats mainly just because I love drawing goofy expressions.

Mkay,I'll pm you my whatsapp name so we can add each other

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending