The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by muhammad7867
have you got an interview yet ?

Hey!

No I decided to apply for audiology and optom instead because although I was really interested in medicine I was apprehensive that they wouldn't allow any modular retakes.
So I'm just really interested about medicine and I am thinking of post grad at Notts.
I know loads of close professionals and students who have completed Med school and tell me the grass isn't always greener on the other side but I'm just curios about Med school really 😜
Shouldn't really be looking at decisions made in the past but I can't help it 😬

Peace ✌🏻
Original post by Chopra99
Hi,

Has anyone else who applied for the A104 heard back yet?
I got an interview for the 23rd Feb at 11:45

hey im a bit late to the thread but yeh i've got my interview on the 23rd of feb at 11:45 too
Is there a whatsapp gc for UEA Foundation Medicine?
If there is someone add me :smile:
Original post by NK18444
Hi guys!

I was just wondering if the A104 course accepts students that have retook parts of there A levels in their gap year ie. I'm retaking some of A2 Biology and am curious if UEA accept module retakes for foundation medicine?!
All the best with your applications

Peace!

NK

Hey!

I retook my Chemistry AS in my A2 year not my gap year. Other than that I don't know. It's really worth triple checking with the requirements for the course. I know I was super worried about that too.

Lizzie :smile:
Original post by Yannis_1998
Hi guys,

I am also a foundation medic at UEA this year, any questions just hit me up as well as Lizzie, we are both happy to answer!

Yannis :smile:

Yo Yannis!
hey lizzie,
I just wanted to know how your finding the course so far. Is the foundation year hard and what does it consist of ? Do you like the uni and norwich as a whole. Im from birmingham so ive never been here. Did you enjoy the foundation year, and what did you enjoy about it? pros and cons. thanks for any help :smile:
Original post by ishahussain00
hey lizzie,
I just wanted to know how your finding the course so far. Is the foundation year hard and what does it consist of ? Do you like the uni and norwich as a whole. Im from birmingham so ive never been here. Did you enjoy the foundation year, and what did you enjoy about it? pros and cons. thanks for any help :smile:

Hey!

I'm loving it so far! The course is really great and the people are awesome.

In semester 1 we did biology, chemistry, maths and medicine. Biology, chemistry and maths were equivalent to AS but a bit harder because they're trying to cram it all into the space they have. The lectures can be fast paced but it's a good way to get used to working at university. Maths, biology and chemistry are taught with a mix of lectures and seminars/workshops/labs but medicine is taught a bit differently. We do PBL. So each week we meet in a group of 8/9 to discuss the scenario for that week. We write our own learning outcomes and allocate them to each person. Then we produce work on our learning outcome and present it back to the group, so we effectively teach each other and revise together. We also have lectures aswell but it's more self-guided learning. The whole med school does it this way.

This semester we just do medicine and further biology (Which is pretty much A2) and we just finished our SSS (student selected study) project. That's a presentation we give on a topic of our choosing. That's been my favourite part of the course so far. We also are doing our HCA training soon which is really really exciting. We get trained as a healthcare assistant and then we do three shifts. It's a really great opportunity to get some clinical contact and i don't think other foundation courses do anything like it.

I'm from Norwich so I'm pretty biased about the city as a whole. It's really really lovely. Loads of independent coffee shops an cobbled lanes. Also has an amazing night life if that's what you're looking for. There's also loads of buses between campus and the city. I think they run every 5 minutes so there's good links to the city centre.

Sorry for rattling on. I got excited.

If you have any other questions, just let me or Yannis know :smile:

- Lizzie :smile:
Original post by LizziePuddleDuck
Hey!

I'm loving it so far! The course is really great and the people are awesome.

In semester 1 we did biology, chemistry, maths and medicine. Biology, chemistry and maths were equivalent to AS but a bit harder because they're trying to cram it all into the space they have. The lectures can be fast paced but it's a good way to get used to working at university. Maths, biology and chemistry are taught with a mix of lectures and seminars/workshops/labs but medicine is taught a bit differently. We do PBL. So each week we meet in a group of 8/9 to discuss the scenario for that week. We write our own learning outcomes and allocate them to each person. Then we produce work on our learning outcome and present it back to the group, so we effectively teach each other and revise together. We also have lectures aswell but it's more self-guided learning. The whole med school does it this way.

This semester we just do medicine and further biology (Which is pretty much A2) and we just finished our SSS (student selected study) project. That's a presentation we give on a topic of our choosing. That's been my favourite part of the course so far. We also are doing our HCA training soon which is really really exciting. We get trained as a healthcare assistant and then we do three shifts. It's a really great opportunity to get some clinical contact and i don't think other foundation courses do anything like it.

I'm from Norwich so I'm pretty biased about the city as a whole. It's really really lovely. Loads of independent coffee shops an cobbled lanes. Also has an amazing night life if that's what you're looking for. There's also loads of buses between campus and the city. I think they run every 5 minutes so there's good links to the city centre.

Sorry for rattling on. I got excited.

If you have any other questions, just let me or Yannis know :smile:

- Lizzie :smile:

Lol im excited too now from the description you gave, UEA sounds like a great place and I think im going to loving doing the HCA training. Really do hope i get an offer now becuase ive been dreaming about going here for ages now. Thanks for giving your point of view i thinks it made me want to go there even more now because i wasn't so sure about what the foundation year entailed before.
Original post by ishahussain00
Lol im excited too now from the description you gave, UEA sounds like a great place and I think im going to loving doing the HCA training. Really do hope i get an offer now becuase ive been dreaming about going here for ages now. Thanks for giving your point of view i thinks it made me want to go there even more now because i wasn't so sure about what the foundation year entailed before.

No worries, I'm more than happy to answer questions. I really love it here.

All the best with your application!
No worries, I'm more than happy to answer questions. I really love it here.

All the best with your application!

Hi,
I have my interview next Thursday.
Have you got any advice?
Thanks
Yo Yannis!

Yoooo Joez :wink:
Yoooo Joez :wink:

What are the courses stats?
How many people apply, get interviewed and offers?
Thanks
Hi Riyad,

There were a 120 interviews and the offers vary so for us there were around 30-35 offers but when we got in this year there were only 26 of us that made it in after A level results. Hope that helps and good luck!

Yannis
Are people getting emails about AS certificates?? I haven't:s-smilie:and if you do get that email does it mean you get offer
Original post by DR.SAAB
Are people getting emails about AS certificates?? I haven't:s-smilie:and if you do get that email does it mean you get offer

I got an email about that. I don't think it does.
Anyone got an offer yet??
Reply 56
Has anyone got an offer yet?
Had my interview on the 20th of Feb, still no news back
Hi Riyad,

There were a 120 interviews and the offers vary so for us there were around 30-35 offers but when we got in this year there were only 26 of us that made it in after A level results. Hope that helps and good luck!

Yannis

I thought the offers were roughly 50?
I got an offer!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending