The Student Room Group

Late application?

I know the UCAS deadline is 15th January, but do they ever allow applications after this? My circumstances are unusual and I was hoping I could apply for September 2017 entry... I think I already know the answer but thought I'd ask on the off chance...

Absolute bummer as I'd enrolled on an OU course to gain entry but its end date was later than the university would have needed my qualification outcome by, so thought I'd wait til next year. I've since found out I could have completed it earlier than the specified end date, so it looks like I've screwed myself once more. :banghead:
Reply 1
Original post by BioJo
I know the UCAS deadline is 15th January, but do they ever allow applications after this? My circumstances are unusual and I was hoping I could apply for September 2017 entry... I think I already know the answer but thought I'd ask on the off chance...

Absolute bummer as I'd enrolled on an OU course to gain entry but its end date was later than the university would have needed my qualification outcome by, so thought I'd wait til next year. I've since found out I could have completed it earlier than the specified end date, so it looks like I've screwed myself once more. :banghead:

Yes many universities do, for many courses. Call the universities you like and ask if they are still accepting applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BioJo

The 15 January is just the deadline for equal consideration. Many universities will accept applications in many subjects until much nearer the course start time, especially with the cap on student numbers gone. You do need to email university admissions at the universities you are interested in going to to confirm if they are still accepting applications.
Reply 3
Oh goodness that is great to hear! Thank you very much! I'm going to contact the uni tomorrow. Keep everything crossed for me. ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by BioJo
Oh goodness that is great to hear! Thank you very much! I'm going to contact the uni tomorrow. Keep everything crossed for me. ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year I applied in April I think ahahahaha, you're probably fine.
Reply 5
I was a late applicant ( last minute decision to finally go for it! ) and have just been invited to an applicant day so definitely call the universities you are interested in!

Best of luck!
Reply 6
Thanks everyone! I reached out and I was told applications for Sept 2017 are closed but they advised me to contact them mid August, when A-level results are out, and they will be in a better position to review my request 🤞🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BioJo
Thanks everyone! I reached out and I was told applications for Sept 2017 are closed but they advised me to contact them mid August, when A-level results are out, and they will be in a better position to review my request 🤞🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile

If that's something you're considering then it's worth getting your application in to UCAS in July - you'll be placed straight into clearing, universities will be able to view your verified A level results and getting placed via clearing will be a lot more straight forward.

Alternatively if you're not 100% wedded to a specific course/university then there's likely to be other options available to you if you apply as a standard late applicant now (which wouldn't necessarily rule out the option of clearing/adjustment later on with your preferred choice)

Quick Reply

Latest