The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 11...
hello, you might have seen me post earlier. do you know whether King's look at academics (gcses, A levels) and ukcat post-interview.
are those with interviews at the same position, are some with better stats at advantage ?? is only the interview score what counts now
cheers :smile:

Hi, yeah I remember you! I guess that the admissions people at King's are the only ones who know for certain, but from what I've gathered they do look at grades etc after interview this year. I'm pretty sure that the interview is still by far the most important bit - if yours goes well you have nothing to worry about. :smile:
Original post by StationToStation
Ah ok thanks Pantego and hanacigoj! Sounds like they'd have to give offers to just below 50% then if there are 410 places and 1200-1400 interviewees; I assume that King's has a pretty average offer-acceptance rate.

It's around 60%. They interview about 950 people each year for 550 offers. Im guessing that they've combined the A100 with the EMPD course numbers. It's always been between 900 and 1000 being interviewed and 550-600 getting offers!

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/334413/response/823492/attach/3/F165.16%20Response.pdf

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/382445/response/936172/attach/2/F15.17%20Response.pdf
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by erinls2
Still no interview yet *sigh*

same.....
Original post by studentsixth
It's around 60%. They interview about 950 people each year for 550 offers. Im guessing that they've combined the A100 with the EMPD course numbers. It's always been between 900 and 1000 being interviewed and 550-600 getting offers!

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/334413/response/823492/attach/3/F165.16%20Response.pdf

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/382445/response/936172/attach/2/F15.17%20Response.pdf

Woah the odds are actually FOR us! A pretty rare occurrence in applying for medicine lol.

Thanks very much :smile:
Anyone heard back from King's college london post interview. I had mine nearly a month back still no news
Original post by Samantha48124
Anyone heard back from King's college london post interview. I had mine nearly a month back still no news

nope still waiting
Original post by Samantha48124

I had mine on the 13th of December and have heard nothing since.
Have any graduates applying for the undergrad programme got an interview yet?
Original post by ArtScience

Yup - not until March 28th... by which time my second (now first) choice will have already gotten back to me...
Original post by adamdaniell
Yup - not until March 28th... by which time my second (now first) choice will have already gotten back to me...

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats? Thank you!

Yup, Feb. 28.
Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats? Thank you!

Sure: 2.1 undergrad degree (Literature), 5s in AP Chem and Bio (A* equivalent), UKCAT 765 (band 1)
Reply 1952

Yeah 10th January
Original post by k_popper
Just received an
interview invitation for the 7th of March as I finished my 13 hours shift today. Hope I don't mess this one up.

Omg I have an interview on the same day as you!
Just got an offer through from Warwick so I'll be cancelling my interview on the 28th - hope that one of you gets it and good luck!
Original post by neuralgal
Just got an offer through from Warwick so I'll be cancelling my interview on the 28th - hope that one of you gets it and good luck!

Congrats! Is it true that if someone rejects an interview offer they give it to someone else?
Original post by RealLifeEducator
Congrats! Is it true that if someone rejects an interview offer they give it to someone else?

Thanks!

Well, I think they'd fill the empty spot. It's what med schools in the US and Canada do (where I'm from), so I see no reason why UK schools shouldn't do the same.
Original post by RealLifeEducator

I'm not 100% sure but having one less person would disrupt probably the flow of the MMI, and if there's an extra space I don't see why they wouldn't try to fill it to the next strongest candidate? but not sure
I'm a graduate who applied to Medicine A100 but have not heard back from them regarding an interview :frown:
Also a graduate, had an interview on 10th Jan

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending