The Student Room Group

If i don't meet requirement, foundation year?

Hey
So I'll be writing my final exams in 2 weeks time
I feel very under prepared even though I did devote hours studying and building myself.

I don't wish to let myself down or surround myself with negativity right now but I was wondering if I do not meet my conditions, the university offers a foundation course to the course that I wish to enter.
So would I be eligible to apply for so during clearing and what are the chances I would get in?
I do have other universities that I've applied to but I have my mind set to this one and I think I'll be the happiest there in terms of personal development and that educational wise.
Thanks a lot!
I really appreciate your help!
Original post by Lyrici3383
Hey
So I'll be writing my final exams in 2 weeks time
I feel very under prepared even though I did devote hours studying and building myself.

I don't wish to let myself down or surround myself with negativity right now but I was wondering if I do not meet my conditions, the university offers a foundation course to the course that I wish to enter.
So would I be eligible to apply for so during clearing and what are the chances I would get in?
I do have other universities that I've applied to but I have my mind set to this one and I think I'll be the happiest there in terms of personal development and that educational wise.
Thanks a lot!
I really appreciate your help!

If you miss your offer then your firm choice can accept you with lower grades OR they can make you an offer for an alternate course (like a foundation year) before they reject you.

If that's something you would like to happen then it's best to get in touch with your university before your results and ask if they could consider you for foundation if you miss your offer and they're unable to accept you with lower grades.

If they make you an alternate course offer then that will show on Track - you have 7 days to either accept the offer or decline it. If you decline it then you can go to your insurance choice (if you've met their offer or missed their offer and they've decided to take you anyway) or if your insurance also can't take you with lower grades then you'll be placed into clearing.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
If you miss your offer then your firm choice can accept you with lower grades OR they can make you an offer for an alternate course (like a foundation year) before they reject you.

If that's something you would like to happen then it's best to get in touch with your university before your results and ask if they could consider you for foundation if you miss your offer and they're unable to accept you with lower grades.

If they make you an alternate course offer then that will show on Track - you have 7 days to either accept the offer or decline it. If you decline it then you can go to your insurance choice (if you've met their offer or missed their offer and they've decided to take you anyway) or if your insurance also can't take you with lower grades then you'll be placed into clearing.

My results will come in by the end of May.
So do I contact them and ask them if I don't get the grades could you consider me for a foundation course?
Or is it better to wait for the result and then see if I meet my requirements or not?
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help!
(edited 7 years ago)
My results will come in by the end of May.
So do I contact them and ask them if I don't get the grades could you consider me for a foundation course?
Or is it better to wait for the result and then see if I meet my requirements or not?
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help!

Contact them before you get your results. Asking to be considered for foundation if they can't accept you into year 1 won't damage your application in anyway.

If you wait then there's a chance they could reject you without considering you for foundation. If that happens it's a complex process to get reconsideration for foundation.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Contact them before you get your results. Asking to be considered for foundation if they can't accept you into year 1 won't damage your application in anyway.

If you wait then there's a chance they could reject you without considering you for foundation. If that happens it's a complex process to get reconsideration for foundation.

But would you suggest that I atleast wait for my exams to get over which would be march 27th.
Thanks once again!
But would you suggest that I atleast wait for my exams to get over which would be march 27th.
Thanks once again!

Yes. Get past your exams and then ring them at some point between then and your results.

Chances are they'll say "don't worry. We consider people for foundation automatically " (most universities do) but that way you can feel reassured that it will happen.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Yes. Get past your exams and then ring them at some point between then and your results.

Chances are they'll say "don't worry. We consider people for foundation automatically " (most universities do) but that way you can feel reassured that it will happen.

Will do so!
Thanks a lot!
Hi I have been struggling with my level 3 diploma in electrical Installation and I only passed 3 of my exams but failed the other 3. Is it still possible to get in to the intergrated foundation year?
Original post by TarinWard409
Hi I have been struggling with my level 3 diploma in electrical Installation and I only passed 3 of my exams but failed the other 3. Is it still possible to get in to the intergrated foundation year?

You need to ask your universities. It’s their decision.

Latest

Trending

Trending