The Student Room Group

My application is still being considered

Hello,
I have applied to four universities, none of which have got back to me.
On UCAS it says that my application is currently being considered.

I have has contact with two of them asking me for more information which I have sent.

I have applied to
King Collge
University of Southampton
University of Surrey
University of Birmingham.

I'd be great fuel to hear where others are in the process. xx

Scroll to see replies

I've heard University of Birmingham has a lot of applications coming in every year so they take some time to reply back.

But the other unis too have a lot of people applying to, so that's probably why they are taking time to reply back as they really wanna make sure offers only go to those who truly deserve them.

All the best!
Reply 2
Hi!

I'm in the same position. I am constantly checking UCAS track and it just says considering my application!I just put it down to the fact they probably have so many to get through, so I will just continue to check :smile:. I have been invited to an applicant day but no offers.

Good luck and hope you hear back soon!
Reply 3
Original post by Grace.c98
Hello,

I have has contact with two of them asking me for more information which I have sent.

I have applied to
King Collge
University of Surrey

When did you apply? Most decisions will arrive by March, but some can arrive in May.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello,

I have applied to
King Collge
University of Surrey

This is postgrad but timescales will be similar for undergrad "A complete application will take between 4-6 weeks to be processed and this maybe longer during busy periods. " http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/apply/faqs.aspx

"Your application will then be carefully considereed by the Admissions Tutor and staff in the Academic Unit, and you will hear from us in two to six weeks, depending on your programme of study." http://www.southampton.ac.uk/courses/how-to-apply/undergraduate-applications.page

"We aim to make a decision by the end of March, however, the final UCAS deadline for universities to make their decisions is early May." http://www.surrey.ac.uk/apply/undergraduate/after-you-apply

"The University aims to process applications as quickly as possible, and once a decision has been made the Admissions Office will communicate this decision to the applicant. Applicants should be aware that some competitive programmes operate a “gathered-field” approach to decision making in order to ensure that equal consideration is given to all applications. This will mean that decision making will be delayed until after the published “due consideration” date." http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/Documents/university/legal/admission-students.pdf (this says that offers will be made by the end of March: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/Documents/students/admissions/ug-guide.pdf )
Reply 5
Original post by jneill
When did you apply? Most decisions will arrive by March, but some can arrive in May.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied back at the beginning of January. It's so frustrating!!!!!
What did major did you apply for? I've heard that can impact the application process too.
Reply 7
Original post by Han85
Hi!

I'm in the same position. I am constantly checking UCAS track and it just says considering my application!I just put it down to the fact they probably have so many to get through, so I will just continue to check :smile:. I have been invited to an applicant day but no offers.

Good luck and hope you hear back soon!

Is that for Southampton?
Reply 8

The average wait for a decision is around 7 weeks.
Reply 9
Original post by saharan_skies
What did major did you apply for? I've heard that can impact the application process too.

I've applied for the dual feild in Adult and Children's Nursing so i was never exprecting a quick reply!
Reply 10
Original post by jneill
The average wait for a decision is around 7 weeks.

Yeah I've been waiting just over that I think
I applied for Soton and B'ham too, still waiting. :redface:
Reply 12
I'm waiting for Birmingham too

Original post by MadVisionary
I applied for Soton and B'ham too, still waiting. :redface:
Reply 13
Yeah I've been waiting just over that I think

So averages mean some will be faster than 7 weeks and some will be slower.

So may not receive decisions until May...

Patience :smile:
I've applied for the dual feild in Adult and Children's Nursing so i was never exprecting a quick reply!

For nursing things will usually be slower.

Make sure there's no invitations for interviews in your email spam filters. Very very few universities use the interview function on Track - they'll contact you directly with details.

If it's been 6 weeks and you haven't had any contact then ring them up and ask them directly when you'll hear (and to double check no emails have been lost).
Reply 15
No it's for Leeds Beckett :smile:

Don't worry too much. I also applied in January and two of my 5 universities requested for further information around 2 weeks ago. So glad to receive offers from both yesterday.
I applied to Exeter on 7th December and I am in the same situation. On their site, they do state that they try to take most of their decisions by late March, but that is not always possible. See if the universities you applied to have a similar statement somewhere on their site (where they explain how they take decisions).

I have only met a person who got an offer from Birmingham, if that reassures you.
Reply 18
gosh! That's ages. Yeah will do, thank you very much. Hope you hear soon
Reply 19
Original post by stanleysukanto
Don't worry too much. I also applied in January and two of my 5 universities requested for further information around 2 weeks ago. So glad to receive offers from both yesterday.

yeah 3 out of my 4 also wanted additional info which was so annoying!
Ah well done

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending