The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wolfmoon88
Are you EU/Scot? if not then 38 points is most likely ok!

I'm an EU student, so probably I don't have a chance :smile:

It is a good result compared to my IB school's average (around 31-32), with the best results ever being 41 and 43 points in my school. But probably not good enough for StA.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by bookfreakfin
I'm an EU student, so probably I don't have a chance :smile:

It is a good result compared to my IB school's average (around 31-32), with the best results ever being 41 and 43 points in my school. But probably not good enough for StA.

Have faith! No news is good news! :smile:
I'm a French and IR applicant and haven't heard anything yet! Portal says my application is in the Languages department but it has been pending for so long I don't know whether or not it's been through the IR department yet - EU student too so waiting is so long and terrifying... Good luck!
I just can't imagine that they'll kick us out just because we're EU... If they are satisfied with our grades and like our personal statements, why should they decline us? It is always good to have students from different places in order to have a great mixture of cultures :smile:

It just takes a bit longer for them to assess us, maybe they don't now much about our school system and therefore it is hard to compare the applicants. I am also absolutly confused by the bavarian school system :biggrin:
Original post by simone0110
I just can't imagine that they'll kick us out just because we're EU... If they are satisfied with our grades and like our personal statements, why should they decline us? It is always good to have students from different places in order to have a great mixture of cultures :smile:

It just takes a bit longer for them to assess us, maybe they don't now much about our school system and therefore it is hard to compare the applicants. I am also absolutly confused by the bavarian school system :biggrin:

I'm sure they'd like to admit more EU/Scottish students but since the number of students they can admit from this pool is strictly limited by the government it is likely that many of us will be 'kicked' out of the selection process despite having great qualifications, personal statements and extra curricular activities etc :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tmwilliams
I'm sure they'd like to admit more EU/Scottish students but since the number of students they can admit from this pool is strictly limited by the government it is likely that many of us will be 'kicked' out of the selection process despite having great qualifications, personal statements and extra curricular activities etc :/

Exactly ..
Has any Home/EU students heard back from Geography??
any other late UK econ offers in yet? i received mine earlier this week :smile:
Original post by kimberry50
any other late UK econ offers in yet? i received mine earlier this week :smile:

Are you RUK?
Original post by Lauren1498x
Are you RUK?

I think most if not all Scots applicants state that they're Scots and not UK but idk
Original post by soccermom39
I think most if not all Scots applicants state that they're Scots and not UK but idk

Internationals,
RUK and
Scots/Eu
Original post by Clarette
I'm a French and IR applicant and haven't heard anything yet! Portal says my application is in the Languages department but it has been pending for so long I don't know whether or not it's been through the IR department yet - EU student too so waiting is so long and terrifying... Good luck!

Hi I'm French as well and I'm waiting for their decision for IR too ! Where else have you applied ?
Are you RUK?

uh i have no idea what RUK means but i live in the south of england so i guess??
Original post by kimberry50
uh i have no idea what RUK means but i live in the south of england so i guess??
RUK means "rest of the UK" in Scottish admissions speak :tongue: but I guess it is used in other places as well
Reply 1194
Anybody still to hear back for maths (with a language)?. Sitting waiting with 6As at higher and predicted 4 at AH yet still haven't heard anything. It's driving me round the bend!!
Original post by AaT
Anybody still to hear back for maths (with a language)?. Sitting waiting with 6As at higher and predicted 4 at AH yet still haven't heard anything. It's driving me round the bend!!

I hear you! Your in good company, waiting..waiting... 🙈😩
Original post by Econhopeful17
I hear you! Your in good company, waiting..waiting... 🙈😩

Me too - am predicted 4A stars at A level and desperate for a maths offer . Live in England but counts as EU
Original post by AaT

Yeah I'm anxiously waiting too (Scottish applicant), anyone know when the maths offers are going out?
Original post by John1124
Yeah I'm anxiously waiting too (Scottish applicant), anyone know when the maths offers are going out?

2 of my mates have had maths offers for a while but they were early applicants
2 of my mates have had maths offers for a while but they were early applicants

I was very early (start of Oct) - where are your mates from ? RUK ?

Quick Reply

Latest