Visit website
Mature student studying Early childhood studies at the Medway campus
I'm starting this September. Going to be studying Ecology and conservation 😁
Im starting in september doing forensic Investigation with foundation year

Again i feel like im the only one doing it lol :smile::smile:
I'm starting Forensic Investigation in September :smile:
Original post by SamStaples
I'm starting Forensic Investigation in September :smile:

Ahhhh are you doing it with foundation year as I literally haven't seen anyone say they're doing it 😂😂
Original post by MeganMarieee
Ahhhh are you doing it with foundation year as I literally haven't seen anyone say they're doing it 😂😂

I'm doing the course without the foundation year, but i can't seem to find anyone else either 😂
Adult Nursing, Starting in April 2017 :biggrin:
Reply 28
Original post by gemmalnunn
Adult Nursing, Starting in April 2017 :biggrin:

Literally the first person Ive come across starting in April at the Medway campus. Im starting Diagnostic Radiography then too as an anciently mature student. The whole process has taken forever since interview . Have you got hursary etc sorted yet?
Original post by Chasdad
Literally the first person Ive come across starting in April at the Medway campus. Im starting Diagnostic Radiography then too as an anciently mature student. The whole process has taken forever since interview . Have you got hursary etc sorted yet?

Hey! Congrats for getting in!
I agree! Especially when the NHS bursary deadline is the 28th Feb!
When did you find out you'd been offered a place?
I've sorted student finance but I need to wait for my hubby for last year's P60 to finish sorting the bursary. How are you getting on? Excited? :biggrin:
Reply 30
Hey! Congrats for getting in!
I agree! Especially when the NHS bursary deadline is the 28th Feb!
When did you find out you'd been offered a place?
I've sorted student finance but I need to wait for my hubby for last year's P60 to finish sorting the bursary. How are you getting on? Excited? :biggrin:

Yeah you too. Dont know about your course but was very competitive and I was very chuffed to manage it. Definitely excited but a bit apprehensive and trying to prep myself a bit on anatomy and physiology and the physics I need. Theyve also given us a little 'project' to do before week 1 nothing too serious. Found out March last year, so like I said has taken ages. Also had to wait to know if id passed my Maths GCSE lol. Do you have children?(ive got 4). Do you work? Think im gonna have to carry on being a postman on Saturdays and maybe do longer stints when not on placement / at uni. Will you have to travel much? Im Maidstone based so not too bad. Have they invited you to this orientation day 17th March? Think its for all disciplines, but I could be wrong...my bursary and loan all sorted, had to be really or my family would starve!
Original post by Chasdad
Yeah you too. Dont know about your course but was very competitive and I was very chuffed to manage it. Definitely excited but a bit apprehensive and trying to prep myself a bit on anatomy and physiology and the physics I need. Theyve also given us a little 'project' to do before week 1 nothing too serious. Found out March last year, so like I said has taken ages. Also had to wait to know if id passed my Maths GCSE lol. Do you have children?(ive got 4). Do you work? Think im gonna have to carry on being a postman on Saturdays and maybe do longer stints when not on placement / at uni. Will you have to travel much? Im Maidstone based so not too bad. Have they invited you to this orientation day 17th March? Think its for all disciplines, but I could be wrong...my bursary and loan all sorted, had to be really or my family would starve!

Hey! Yes our selection was pretty competitive too. Not sure about your course but this is the last April intake as well as for the bursary!
I only found out on the 14th Feb I was offered a place so I've had a week or so to sort bursaries and such. Other than updates from UCAS, I've not heard anything regarding the course from CCU.
I'm also from Maidstone! I have two kids, one 6 and one 4. I am currently working as a community HCA, I have friends from my old work at CCU and they said I would most likely not be able to work due to how demanding the course is 🙁
Reply 32
Hey! Yes our selection was pretty competitive too. Not sure about your course but this is the last April intake as well as for the bursary!
I only found out on the 14th Feb I was offered a place so I've had a week or so to sort bursaries and such. Other than updates from UCAS, I've not heard anything regarding the course from CCU.
I'm also from Maidstone! I have two kids, one 6 and one 4. I am currently working as a community HCA, I have friends from my old work at CCU and they said I would most likely not be able to work due to how demanding the course is 🙁

Yep same for us but for April intake we had to apply at the same time as those starting Sept 16. Re work I will give it a go (I can just do Saturdays if need be) and give it up if its too much. My senior lecturer tells me quite a few students manage weekend jobs so Im hoping I can. It will definitely help. Im sure you will start getting stuff from CCCU shortly. I have no healthcare background at all, was in sales for years then last two years as a postman after redundancy. Did my research and clinical visits and it all went from there really. A massive change but one Im committed to and think I understand as far as I can what the challenges will be. My kids range from 4 to 12. Luckily my wife doesnt work so I only have to share the responsibilities. Guess there will be quite a few students from Maidstone. At this stage Im planning to cycle in Spring / Summer and bus it the rest of the time ( Medway campus students can get a monthly ticket for £25 quid covering most of Kent) as the car we have is needed for school runs etc).

Good luck and I hope you enjoy it!
Original post by Chasdad
Yep same for us but for April intake we had to apply at the same time as those starting Sept 16. Re work I will give it a go (I can just do Saturdays if need be) and give it up if its too much. My senior lecturer tells me quite a few students manage weekend jobs so Im hoping I can. It will definitely help. Im sure you will start getting stuff from CCCU shortly. I have no healthcare background at all, was in sales for years then last two years as a postman after redundancy. Did my research and clinical visits and it all went from there really. A massive change but one Im committed to and think I understand as far as I can what the challenges will be. My kids range from 4 to 12. Luckily my wife doesnt work so I only have to share the responsibilities. Guess there will be quite a few students from Maidstone. At this stage Im planning to cycle in Spring / Summer and bus it the rest of the time ( Medway campus students can get a monthly ticket for £25 quid covering most of Kent) as the car we have is needed for school runs etc).

Good luck and I hope you enjoy it!

I'm hoping to meet other people from Maidstone, we have two cars so I will be driving everyday. Was hoping to meet people to potentially car share and such 😊
Good luck to you. Maybe see you around!
Reply 34
I'm hoping to meet other people from Maidstone, we have two cars so I will be driving everyday. Was hoping to meet people to potentially car share and such 😊
Good luck to you. Maybe see you around!

Sorry thought id replied, but not showing here. I might well be interested in car share at some stage, cycling that far everyday and buses in winter might get a bit tiresome. I can pm you my fb details if you want. Let me know. You will probably get it sorted with coursemates Id say, but if not lectures / placements might coincide sometimes.
Reply 35
Original post by mdc31
Hopefully I'll be doing primary education! :smile:

Are you doing 3-7 or 5-11? :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by AnnaE98
Are you doing 3-7 or 5-11? :smile:

5-11! How about you?
Reply 37
Original post by mdc31
5-11! How about you?

5-11 too! :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by AnnaE98
5-11 too! :smile:

Ahhh how exciting! Have you had problems with student finance? Because our course doesn't come up!
Reply 39
Original post by mdc31
Ahhh how exciting! Have you had problems with student finance? Because our course doesn't come up!

I'm so unorganised I haven't even sorted mine yet! Worth giving them an email to see, I've contacted them so many times and they're really helpful so!

Quick Reply

Latest