The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Will having accomodation near Park campus affect me if my course is at Jubilee?

Hi, I have an offer for Finance, Accounting and Management however when looking at the accommodation options it's really between Broadgate Park or Raleigh Park.

Because my course is at Jubilee will going to Broadgate Park have much of an impact on social life and ect? (apart from journey times of course).

I know Raleigh Park is closer to Jubilee however the sports centre and the student union and so is so much closer to Broadgate Park so I feel that I'll have a better social life there.

What do you think would be a batter option?
Hi, I'm in final year at uni of Nottingham. I lived in catered halls in first year.
I think if it is between Broadgate and Raleigh, Broadgate is the better option. It is right next to uni park campus and is modern. Raleigh is in a more isolated area but is super close to Jubilee.

There is a free hopper bus that runs to Jubilee all day every day, so living in Broadgate wouldn't be a problem for getting to class, as the bus will take you there easily.

So my advice is, if you are certain you want to go self-catered, choose Broadgate. It is huge and you're bound to make friends. Broadgate is also part of WeekOne events so super social
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I vote Raleigh, I'm there at the moment and I do Accounting and it's great. There's a sports centre in jubilee so don't fuss about that. Raleigh is better value for money and you'll find that most people will be staying at either catered at Jubilee or Nottingham 2/SPC. Broadgate looks nice in the pictures but you've got to consider travel. The hopper buses are great but they're so packed for people wanting to travel for their 9an lecture you may end up walking/being late. Plus consider if you'll have the motivation to come in if you only have an hour seminar for the day.
Reply 3
Original post by Lewilew
Hi, I have an offer for Finance, Accounting and Management however when looking at the accommodation options it's really between Broadgate Park or Raleigh Park.

Because my course is at Jubilee will going to Broadgate Park have much of an impact on social life and ect? (apart from journey times of course).

I know Raleigh Park is closer to Jubilee however the sports centre and the student union and so is so much closer to Broadgate Park so I feel that I'll have a better social life there.

What do you think would be a batter option?

Hey man, I had the same predicament since I have an offer for Industrial Economics which is on the jubilee campus but an en-suite at Broadgate is too tempting. I've decided to apply for Broadgate since its close to uni park, meaning a better social life IMO, and just get the hopper bus to jubilee for lectures etc, plus I think living near uni park but studying on jubilee is the best of both worlds as you get to meet more people etc.
Original post by retardis
I vote Raleigh, I'm there at the moment and I do Accounting and it's great. There's a sports centre in jubilee so don't fuss about that. Raleigh is better value for money and you'll find that most people will be staying at either catered at Jubilee or Nottingham 2/SPC. Broadgate looks nice in the pictures but you've got to consider travel. The hopper buses are great but they're so packed for people wanting to travel for their 9an lecture you may end up walking/being late. Plus consider if you'll have the motivation to come in if you only have an hour seminar for the day.

Do you know how long it takes to get from Broadgate in uni park to jubilee campus, where I would have management lectures?
Reply 5
Original post by Lucky987
Do you know how long it takes to get from Broadgate in uni park to jubilee campus, where I would have management lectures?

you'd have to walk to the hopper bus stop which is 10 minutes and then the bus ride is another 10 minutes.
So RP doesnt have freshers week stuff at all?
Original post by MärkäMela
So RP doesnt have freshers week stuff at all?

Yeah they get all the freshers events like all the other accommodations, technically although not owned by them it is still university accommodation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending