The Student Room Group

Daunting going back

I am due to start an undergraduate degree this September. I went to uni at the standard age of 18, but dropped out! Now i am going back to uni as a mature student but feel anxious about it.

I have been revising my A Levels but i cannot retain any information which makes me worried i will not 'hit the ground running' which will be a huge embarrassment imo .My motivation is going down and not up, the more i study- i don't know what to do and will appreciate advice!

Many thanks
Reply 1
Original post by J£$U$
I am due to start an undergraduate degree this September. I went to uni at the standard age of 18, but dropped out! Now i am going back to uni as a mature student but feel anxious about it.

I have been revising my A Levels but i cannot retain any information which makes me worried i will not 'hit the ground running' which will be a huge embarrassment imo .My motivation is going down and not up, the more i study- i don't know what to do and will appreciate advice!

Many thanks

My memory is the same, making me pretty mediocre at exams. However at uni (I had a second attempt aged 44) most of my modules were assessed with at least 40% of the final grade from coursework. I think uni was easier for me than A Levels in that respect.

You aren't expected to "hit the ground running" anyway. Everyone will be a first year, everyone will be new to uni-type learning. It's a level playing field. You may even have advantages as a mature student - basics like time management, motivation etc.
Reply 2
Original post by Klix88
My memory is the same, making me pretty mediocre at exams. However at uni (I had a second attempt aged 44) most of my modules were assessed with at least 40% of the final grade from coursework. I think uni was easier for me than A Levels in that respect.

You aren't expected to "hit the ground running" anyway. Everyone will be a first year, everyone will be new to uni-type learning. It's a level playing field. You may even have advantages as a mature student - basics like time management, motivation etc.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending