The Student Room Group

Courtauld Institute 2017 Applicants

Hi everyone,
Thought I'd make a thread for any people applying to the Courtauld Insitute this year. I'm applying for the BA History of Art - has anyone got any information back yet about interviews? I've heard they tend to deal with admissions quite slowly.
:smile:
Rose

Scroll to see replies

Original post by roselondon2
Hi everyone,
Thought I'd make a thread for any people applying to the Courtauld Insitute this year. I'm applying for the BA History of Art - has anyone got any information back yet about interviews? I've heard they tend to deal with admissions quite slowly.
:smile:
Rose

Hi, I also have applied to the Courtauld for BA History of Art and as of yet have not even received a confirmation email to confirm my application. The only recognition I have received is via the UCAS track :frown: I'm only hoping that there is consolation in how UCL (where I have also applied) have not responded to any History of Art applicants either so I hope it is just that neither of them respond quickly and that this may actually be a good thing.. Good luck with your application, I hope they reply soon so I can start deciding where I want to go!! :smile:
Reply 2
Hi :smile:
I have also applied to the Courtauld (History of Art) and UCL (Philosophy and History of Art) :smile: And got no reply from either :/
As for now, Courtauld has sent me an acknowledgement and asked to provide some info regarding the predicted grades. But they also told that the invitations to interviews will be given at the beginning of February, so they can come any day now :biggrin:
Anyway, I'm starting to get a little nervous cause it is my first choice :K:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aomame
Hi :smile:
I have also applied to the Courtauld (History of Art) and UCL (Philosophy and History of Art) :smile: And got no reply from either :/
As for now, Courtauld has sent me an acknowledgement and asked to provide some info regarding the predicted grades. But they also told that the invitations to interviews will be given at the beginning of February, so they can come any day now :biggrin:
Anyway, I'm starting to get a little nervous cause it is my first choice :K:

Ooooohhh okay, well that's rather daunting then. I'm now rather worried because they haven't sent me an email at all :frown: but hopefully I will hear soon, although UCL is my first choice despite having messed up the questions we had to answer :bawling: Good luck on hearing your offer, I'm sure they will accept you!!! :smile:
Original post by RosieFitter
Ooooohhh okay, well that's rather daunting then. I'm now rather worried because they haven't sent me an email at all :frown: but hopefully I will hear soon, although UCL is my first choice despite having messed up the questions we had to answer :bawling: Good luck on hearing your offer, I'm sure they will accept you!!! :smile:

I haven't received an acknowledgement email at all, so you're not alone! :smile: Lets hope they do start sending out more information soon, its stressing me out!:s-smilie:
I haven't received an acknowledgement email at all, so you're not alone! :smile: Lets hope they do start sending out more information soon, its stressing me out!:s-smilie:

Okay that's some consolation then!! I'm just frantically checking my emails :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Has anyone of You heard back, about the interview? It's really starting to get late and they haven't replied me yet
Reply 7
Original post by Aomame
Has anyone of You heard back, about the interview? It's really starting to get late and they haven't replied me yet

I haven't heard back too :frown:, hope its not a sign of rejection !
Original post by Liukajon
I haven't heard back too :frown:, hope its not a sign of rejection !

Im not too sure whether anyone has heard back yet! or at least I hope they havent!!
I just got an invite to interview!! Anyone else heard back?
I just got an invite to interview!! Anyone else heard back?

Congratulations! I also received one this morning!
Reply 11
Me too :biggrin:DDD what a relief
Reply 12
Original post by Aomame
Me too :biggrin:DDD what a relief

good for you, congrats
I am still waiting and thats kinda depressing :frown:(((((
Reply 13
good luck in your interviews :smile:)) !!!
Reply 14
Liukajon - In my case nothing has appeared on UCAS track, only got an email invitation, straight from the Courtauld. So maybe check Your email - it also might have got lost in the spam folder.
Hey everyone - how are you all preparing for your interview? (if you are at all!) I'm thinking of just practicing essay writing, and going over the basic personal statement questions... perhaps preparing a little something about my favorite eras of art. However much I prepare, I'm still going to be so nervous!!
Hey everyone - how are you all preparing for your interview? (if you are at all!) I'm thinking of just practicing essay writing, and going over the basic personal statement questions... perhaps preparing a little something about my favorite eras of art. However much I prepare, I'm still going to be so nervous!!

Same as you mostly :smile: I've been looking over my PS and am rereading the book I referenced in it, but other than that I'm pretty busy with school so i probably won't be doing too much... What day is your interview? Maybe we'll see each other there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Hi everyone,
I recived an offer from the ucl for an ma in art history, but haven't heard anything from the Courtauld yet. I guess it's gonna be around the 18.02.17 when they start to send out offers.
Hi! I still haven't heard anything about an interview from The Courtauld! I live abroad so maybe they select international applications slightly later? Does anyone know if this is normal? Thanks !
Original post by maudellewellyn
Hi! I still haven't heard anything about an interview from The Courtauld! I live abroad so maybe they select international applications slightly later? Does anyone know if this is normal? Thanks !

Are you applying for the BA as well? If so I would maybe phone up the admissions office since they did state that we'd hear from them at the beginning of feb (and it seems like most people heard on the same day). Maybe your email got lost or something, i'm international too but maybe they want to conduct a phone interview with you...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending