The Student Room Group

Do you think my teeth are bad, do I need braces ?? photo's included

I am 25 years old, as a kid and in my teen years I didn't look after my teeth as much as I should have, however over the past 2 years I have cut out pop drinks by around 90 % and I make sure I always brush my teeth every morning and night followed by using mouthwash.
I am insecure about my teeth and I try and avoid going places like KFC, Mcdonalds e.t.c. when I am alone because I feel they might think things about my teeth.

do you think I need braces or other dental work, am I too old for brace at 25 ??

I think my lateral incisor teeth need to be wider, would bonding be needed for that ?
thanks
Attachment not found

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Those photos :rofl:
Reply 2
You aren't too old, and in todays day theres loads of things like invisalign and 6 month smile. Some dentists also fill the gaps of the teeth, if youre in London, PM and I can give details. Braces are an investment and youve still gotta take a lot of care with them. :smile:

As for teeth, Ive seen worse.
IMG_3147.JPGYou should probably get the 6 month braces cause your teeth isn't the WORST. It's the London look :smile: at least your teeth ain't like dissss (not sure if you can see the photo clearly but they're slitheens) lol :P
you should try to ask for braces and see if they say yes cause sometime they dont give it if they dont feel that is sever!!
I think you would benefit from braces, I too had gappy teeth and now mine are straight. I suggest booking an appointment with an orthodontics for an initial consultation, where you can discuss your issues.
Original post by Anonymous
Those photos :rofl:

why is it funny ? just curious
Original post by SashaF
You aren't too old, and in todays day theres loads of things like invisalign and 6 month smile. Some dentists also fill the gaps of the teeth, if youre in London, PM and I can give details. Braces are an investment and youve still gotta take a lot of care with them. :smile:

As for teeth, Ive seen worse.

thanks, when you say fill the gaps of the teeth do you mean like bonding ? I want my lateral incisors to be wider, would bonding do that ?

Original post by emerald7770
IMG_3147.JPGYou should probably get the 6 month braces cause your teeth isn't the WORST. It's the London look :smile: at least your teeth ain't like dissss (not sure if you can see the photo clearly but they're slitheens) lol :P

I will look into that thanks, not sure what the london look is but don't lie the sound of it lol

& lol at that pic !
Reply 7
Yes, you would benefit from braces. Your teeth would be perfect if you wore them, but then again I wouldn't say they're that bad atm so it's not a necessity, mine used to be worse when I started wearing braces.
You are not too old for braces.

The problem is that the NHS will not fund braces for you because of your age.

I know that sucks but if your teeth impact your health etc then the NHS may consider funding braces free for you.
Original post by Blackstarr
You are not too old for braces.

The problem is that the NHS will not fund braces for you because of your age.

I know that sucks but if your teeth impact your health etc then the NHS may consider funding braces free for you.

Thanks, well what sort of impacts on health would I have to claim to have these brace perhaps free on the NHS?

thanks
Original post by EC
Yes, you would benefit from braces. Your teeth would be perfect if you wore them, but then again I wouldn't say they're that bad atm so it's not a necessity, mine used to be worse when I started wearing braces.

thank you so much, I will look into the options. thanks
Reply 11
Original post by Cleverboy1991
thank you so much, I will look into the options. thanks

Take care and choose what's best for you!
Original post by EC
Take care and choose what's best for you!

thank you pretty lady !
Thanks, well what sort of impacts on health would I have to claim to have these brace perhaps free on the NHS?

thanks

I am not sure. What impact do you think your teeth are causing your health?

You would usually have to see your dentist who will refer you to an orthodontist. The orthodontist will then assess your situation and tell you whether you will qualify for free NHS dental braces based on a score out of 5.

If he/she gives you a score of 4/5 then it usually means that your teeth are impacting your health.

Source: Own knowledge from experince
I am not sure. What impact do you think your teeth are causing your health?

You would usually have to see your dentist who will refer you to an orthodontist. The orthodontist will then assess your situation and tell you whether you will qualify for free NHS dental braces based on a score out of 5.

If he/she gives you a score of 4/5 then it usually means that your teeth are impacting your health.

Source: Own knowledge from experince

well what is it was affecting my confidence to speak e.t.c. ?
well what is it was affecting my confidence to speak e.t.c. ?

^^
This is not impacting your health.

Its not like it causes your teeth to get weaker or it damages your gums.

You have a self-esteem problem which is not justified to qualify for free NHS dental braces unfortunately.

I know it sucks but it is still worth it to see a dentist who will refer you to an orthodontist who will advise you better than anyone on TSR.
^^
This is not impacting your health.

Its not like it causes your teeth to get weaker or it damages your gums.

You have a self-esteem problem which is not justified to qualify for free NHS dental braces unfortunately.

I know it sucks but it is still worth it to see a dentist who will refer you to an orthodontist who will advise you better than anyone on TSR.

but it is impacting my health, my confidence for a start........
What does your dentist say about your teeth? Firstly you should be examined by your dentist and only then to solve your problem.
Original post by DmitriyEpelboym
What does your dentist say about your teeth? Firstly you should be examined by your dentist and only then to solve your problem.

well what would you say about my teeth if you were my dentist please ?
No you just need to brush them. I saw a relatives teeth the other day for the first time and they have the worst jaw I have ever seen it is hideous like a monster people with only front teeth or one front tooth look better your's are straight.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending