The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi Guys,
I have also applied for a position at HMRC for CSR/436/17 - Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Office. So far I have completed the online test and to my surprise I did really well. So what are the next steps ? When will they get back to me ?
No1Lion
Original post by No1Lion
Hi Guys,
I have also applied for a position at HMRC for CSR/436/17 - Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Office. So far I have completed the online test and to my surprise I did really well. So what are the next steps ? When will they get back to me ?
No1Lion

Hi, What did you get for your test if you don't mind me asking? How did you did you find the maths test? How many questions did you manage to get through? Sorry for all the questions. :smile:
Original post by HammerThyme
I hope you're right and everyone is in post by April as it has been a complete joke up to now!

To be told in September that you have a job and "HMRC are eager for you to take up your position as quickly as possible" and have a 20 working days time frame dangled in front of you, only to then go quiet, showing you no consideration or respect for 7 months demonstrates that HRMC are seriously lacking suitable procedures or basic project planning abilities. And the 'scale' of the campaign is not an reasonable excuse as there are many other organisations that conduct similar sized recruitment campaigns, without the HR resource that HMRC have, and don't nearly have the same issues that have risen here; such as the misleading timeframes, lack of communication, security clearance documents expiring, etc.

I am sure that I am not the only one who has turned down other jobs as I thought a start date was just around the corner and as a result is considerably worse off financially.

No offence but it must be nice to be in post as an SEO with a regular pay check coming in every month. I hope we all are in a position soon where we can experience that comfort and the misery here has ended.

You say that the department are aware of rumour and speculation but they are doing nothing to mange it and help ease the minds of those stuck in limbo. There's so much speculation because we are not given a straight answer by CSR. I wouldn't mind the delay as much if I was just kept up to date and had confirmation from CSR about the current situation.

Also, it doesn't help that there is an endless stream of sh*t coming from trolls like Jamz, who seems determined to have anyone already slightly paranoid about an offer pushed completely over the edge. When faced with that kind of attitude people are going to react!

I appreciate you taking the time to post on here and put minds at ease - I really do and I really hope you are right! The comments might seem ridiculous to you, but how frustrated would you be, or how level-headed do you think you might be, if you couldn't be sure if that pay packet was ever going to come and your life was on hold indefinitely?

I totally agree. As well as the absence of any real logic in making offers, it's the lack of communication which has really annoyed people.
Bearing in mind I applied for one campaign 18 months ago (!!!) and the other 8 months ago, I've been really lucky in the meantime to get a full time job which I like (albeit at a lower grade). If I was in a job I hate or was unemployed I'd be absolutely fuming. If they'd just set our expectations at the outset and said we're not taking on until April 2017, at least people could get on with their lives.
Original post by dagoro1
I totally agree. As well as the absence of any real logic in making offers, it's the lack of communication which has really annoyed people.
Bearing in mind I applied for one campaign 18 months ago (!!!) and the other 8 months ago, I've been really lucky in the meantime to get a full time job which I like (albeit at a lower grade). If I was in a job I hate or was unemployed I'd be absolutely fuming. If they'd just set our expectations at the outset and said we're not taking on until April 2017, at least people could get on with their lives.

What's the job you do currently?
Reply 3504
Was kind of hoping we would hear something today as a few people had said they think it will be the 20th of March for another intake. I know its only 11am haha. Has anyone had any formal offers today or recently in particular for Liverpool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by Racso
Was kind of hoping we would hear something today as a few people had said they think it will be the 20th of March for another intake. I know its only 11am haha. Has anyone had any formal offers today or recently in particular for Liverpool

I'm waiting on Liverpool. I've not had any updates or heard any rumours even. I emailed them on Friday but I've not had a reply yet....
Original post by Jamz115
What's the job you do currently?

I'm an AO in another part of the Civil Service.
Reply 3507
Original post by dagoro1
I'm waiting on Liverpool. I've not had any updates or heard any rumours even. I emailed them on Friday but I've not had a reply yet....

Have your pre employment checks been completed? Someone on here said that they had heard the next intake was 20th of March but i suppose its different for the different locations

Original post by Racso
Have your pre employment checks been completed? Someone on here said that they had heard the next intake was 20th of March but i suppose its different for the different locations

Yes a few weeks ago - just waiting on the formal offer now/start date.
I'm also waiting for Liverpool. Pre employment checks were completed in September or October (can't remember when) but still not heard anything!!

Hoping it will be this week.
Reply 3510
Same here mate its taken so long
Original post by Djd247
Same here mate its taken so long

Just hoping it's this week mate. Get everything cleared up So we all know where we are and when we are starting.

Has anyone heard anything at all about the next Liverpool intake?
Reply 3512
I hope its soon too. Fingers crossed

I applied for the 1320/16 campaign. I had an interview in July and a provisional offer mid September. The pre-employment checks were completed mid November, only after re-submitting my documents for the dbs checks. I received a start date in January for a February start. It has a very long and frustrating process. I telephoned and emailed several times and made up my mind not to spend an undefined amount of time waiting. I applied for other jobs whilst I waited and gained i/v experience. I suppose it depends on our personal circumstances and temperament in how we react to the long wait. Everyone has a right to express how they feel, when they want to and I don't think its helpful to anyone when we we begin 'attacking' each other. Yes, I agree it can be unhelpful to spread untruths but, If we are honest, those untruths are what we've already considered. I have found this portal to be very very useful and I thank those that have contributed. Its been a great help, even those post that have indeed, made me panic a little😨. It has helped me reevaluate my position and consider my options. That can never be bad. None of us are failures just because we are Tsp rejects or received all 4s or deciding to hang on for the start date. As I log off from here, I trust that you all will receive a start date, enjoy the job and edge closer to fulfilling you potential. My advice is to wait but that should not be all. Apply for other things and get some i/v experience and when finally in post u can use that experience to apply for promotions.thanks for your post and good luck to you all.
Reply 3514
Original post by Gate crashers
I applied for the 1320/16 campaign. I had an interview in July and a provisional offer mid September. The pre-employment checks were completed mid November, only after re-submitting my documents for the dbs checks. I received a start date in January for a February start. It has a very long and frustrating process. I telephoned and emailed several times and made up my mind not to spend an undefined amount of time waiting. I applied for other jobs whilst I waited and gained i/v experience. I suppose it depends on our personal circumstances and temperament in how we react to the long wait. Everyone has a right to express how they feel, when they want to and I don't think its helpful to anyone when we we begin 'attacking' each other. Yes, I agree it can be unhelpful to spread untruths but, If we are honest, those untruths are what we've already considered. I have found this portal to be very very useful and I thank those that have contributed. Its been a great help, even those post that have indeed, made me panic a little😨. It has helped me reevaluate my position and consider my options. That can never be bad. None of us are failures just because we are Tsp rejects or received all 4s or deciding to hang on for the start date. As I log off from here, I trust that you all will receive a start date, enjoy the job and edge closer to fulfilling you potential. My advice is to wait but that should not be all. Apply for other things and get some i/v experience and when finally in post u can use that experience to apply for promotions.thanks for your post and good luck to you all.

Good luck, hope you enjoy/are enjoying the new job :yy:
Original post by Gate crashers

What do you mean I/V experience???
Original post by Waldorf67

Im guessing interview
Original post by Waldorf67

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't have a clue lol.
Reply 3518
Hey all,

1320/16 HEO applicant in Belfast, interviewed 1 August 2016, scored 6:6:5, all checks finished in November.

Just to say my portal updated this morning to "formal offer".No email or call yet; so worth a check if you're in a similar position.
Original post by zasx
Hey all,

1320/16 HEO applicant in Belfast, interviewed 1 August 2016, scored 6:6:5, all checks finished in November.

Just to say my portal updated this morning to "formal offer".No email or call yet; so worth a check if you're in a similar position.

Mine too! (Liverpool)

Have you clicked next stage?

Latest

Trending

Trending