The Student Room Group

If you could do it all again... would you?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I would. I enjoy what I do at the moment, but I think I'll feel more fulfilled once I've settled into specialty training.

I'm not sure what I'd have done if I couldn't do medicine. Other fields which interest me include veterinary surgery, evolutionary biology, and aviation, so it probably would have been one of those.
Original post by RPool
Surely point 2 shows the understaffing? As in there aren't enough people in jobs.

Yeah pretty much.
Not in a million years
No
Yes, I would.
I wouldn't apply to study at the same Medical School though.
I'd probably do something else... Perhaps a philosophy degree.
Original post by AnotherMedic91
Not in a million years

Original post by Toiletpaper8
No

Genuine question, why don't you leave?
Original post by notespad

Because some people enjoy pissing and moaning much more than they actually want to do anything about their life
Original post by notespad

Genuine answer. I'm trying. I have a non-medical interview...
Original post by Anonymous
Because some people enjoy pissing and moaning much more than they actually want to do anything about their life

Because some people enjoy making baseless assumptions about other people's lives
Absolutely I would. Of course there have been hard times and times when I doubted my choices. No job is perfect, and there are always going to be times when the grass looks greener elsewhere. But I love my job, and certainly couldn't see myself doing anything else.
Original post by Toiletpaper8
Genuine answer. I'm trying. I have a non-medical interview...

What field?
As a penultimate year GEM, at times I wonder why I left a career behind for this, let's see how that changes once I qualify.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous

Or maybe they feel they've invested too much time and money to drop out? Maybe they have family pressure? Maybe they've been told (as I was) that it gets better when you actually start working, so they're persevering in the hope that they'll be happy eventually? Maybe they know exactly which specialty they want to go into, so find it difficult ploughing through placements that seem to have little relevance to their chosen field?

You probably shouldn't be so quick to judge.
Absolutely. I'm in my 4th year of medical school, and loving it. There are other careers I could do, but I don't think I'd enjoy any of them as much as medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending