The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

I don't even know what my teacher wrote in my reference oml wtf
Original post by sububzi
I don't even know what my teacher wrote in my reference oml wtf

If you want to know, you could either ask your teachers (if they still have access to it), or request it from UCAS for something like £10 I think.
Hey guys, i've got my interview tomorrow. How long were all your interviews?
Original post by Fwong99
Hey guys, i've got my interview tomorrow. How long were all your interviews?

Mine was 20 minutes
Reply 1564
Hi, so I have my interview tomorrow and I've been watching the videos they sent us. In the full interview, the last thing they asked her was about homeopathic remedies and I've never heard of or have been taught about homeopathy. Did they ask this because the person, I assume, was already an undergraduate or am I behind on things like this?:s-smilie:
Original post by P3dro
Hi, so I have my interview tomorrow and I've been watching the videos they sent us. In the full interview, the last thing they asked her was about homeopathic remedies and I've never heard of or have been taught about homeopathy. Did they ask this because the person, I assume, was already an undergraduate or am I behind on things like this?:s-smilie:

Homeopathy is something you should (very briefly) know about. :smile:

It's basically a form of alternative medicine. Have a quick google of it.
Reply 1566
Original post by usycool1
Homeopathy is something you should (very briefly) know about. :smile:

It's basically a form of alternative medicine. Have a quick google of it.

Right okay thank you. Is there a list of things I should know about? Or is it okay of me to ask them in the interview if I am not sure what something is?
Original post by P3dro
Right okay thank you. Is there a list of things I should know about? Or is it okay of me to ask them in the interview if I am not sure what something is?

There's not any official list or anything, no. It's a good idea to ask if you're not sure what something is, rather than trying to ramble on about something which you've never heard of.
Original post by P3dro

Just google Medicine Ethics questions and it might help you understand topics they could ask you
Reply 1569
Okay thank you very much:smile: I've been through quite a lot of topics on medic portal and I never came across it and I have been 100% fine in my other two interviews so now I'm worried haha:frown:
Hi - for anyone who was at the interview for imperial, does anyone know how long the campus tour at 12:30 takes? I'm trying to sort out transport timings. Thanks
Got my interview tomorrow so has anyone got any last minute tips?? I am sooo nervous because imperial is the uni that I really want to go to :s-smilie:
Original post by serztonin
Hi - for anyone who was at the interview for imperial, does anyone know how long the campus tour at 12:30 takes? I'm trying to sort out transport timings. Thanks

It took around 30 minutes :smile:

25-30mins, mine was around 30 I think.
I have my interview soon and I'm quite scared
Could anyone outline what I should expect? I don't mean actual questions but do they look at personal statements/ reference
or do they look at current topics or is there any material you are meant to read beforehand?
Original post by CrystalSalvatore
I have my interview soon and I'm quite scared
Could anyone outline what I should expect? I don't mean actual questions but do they look at personal statements/ reference
or do they look at current topics or is there any material you are meant to read beforehand?

They could (to the first two questions). There's no material you're meant to read.
Original post by Cherub012
They could (to the first two questions). There's no material you're meant to read.

thank you :smile:
Original post by CrystalSalvatore
thank you :smile:

Np. :smile:

Relax though - it's not as daunting as it may seem.

It didn't take more than half an hour. But depends who your tour guide is. Some are much slower
Original post by 123456qwerty
It didn't take more than half an hour. But depends who your tour guide is. Some are much slower
right ok thanks!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending