The Student Room Group

Roommate ads now come with a "no Trump supporters" clause

Scroll to see replies

I bet it was posted by a smelly blue-haired behemoth.
kk?
Reply 3

Thank goodness, i thought i might have to take you in for a while. It's a good thing your BNP and EDL membership is acceptable. :tongue:

Well, people like to get on with their roommates and some people really don't like Trump supporters. This really isn't legitimate discrimination as racist/sexist roommates as Trump supporters can change their political stances. This shouldn't matter to anyone but the person who posts the roommate ad. In all honesty, I don't think I could be roommates with a Trump supporter.
Mine will read "No Liberals allowed if you voted stay then you should leave (My room)"

But this is probably hate speech
Reply 6
Original post by AperfectBalance
Mine will read "No Liberals allowed if you voted stay then you should leave (My room)"

Nope that's fine

"But this is probably hate speech" no, you just want your own cosy safe space
Reply 7
I don't see the problem with this. I also do not want someone who supports Trump as a roommate because they always seem like complete dicks with 0 banter.
Having "no Trump supporters" on a roommate ad may as well say "I'm unemployed, and I will eat all your food."
Trump supporters can suck a crusty cheesy toe
Original post by AperfectBalance

Why would that be hate speech?
To be fair, they've doing Trump fans a favour, who would want to share a house/room with an absolute ****?
Reply 12
Original post by MildredMalone
Having "no Trump supporters" on a roommate ad may as well say "I'm unemployed, and I will eat all your food."

What's this thing where people who are "anti trump" are unemployed?
Original post by Rakas21
Thank goodness, i thought i might have to take you in for a while. It's a good thing your BNP and EDL membership is acceptable. :tongue:

I have BNP and EDL memberships? :colonhash:
Original post by theartofblanks
I have BNP and EDL memberships? :colonhash:

Maybe he means the bank, BNP Paribas.
Original post by asmuse123
Well, people like to get on with their roommates and some people really don't like Trump supporters. This really isn't legitimate discrimination as racist/sexist roommates as Trump supporters can change their political stances. This shouldn't matter to anyone but the person who posts the roommate ad. In all honesty, I don't think I could be roommates with a Trump supporter.

Perfectly acceptable to state "no Muslims" when advertising for a roommate then, as Muslims can change their religion.

Yes?
Reply 16
Original post by joe cooley
Perfectly acceptable to state "no Muslims" when advertising for a roommate then, as Muslims can change their religion.

Yes?

Religious discrimination is unfortunately illegal
Surely it's a win win either way? Trump supporters are now clearly forewarned when there's a room available with a person they might clash with, and can avoid the bs altogether. Meanwhile the Trump haters can avoid people they tend to dislike.

It's making a more peaceful society boys
Original post by Willy Pete
Maybe he means the bank, BNP Paribas.

Hmm. Yup I think he might've meant that. Thanks!
How utterly childish. People can just change their political stance? That's rubbish, something like this should absolutely be considered a light form of discrimination.

As long as someone isn't in your face about their political views, why do you honestly care if they're a room mate or not? Everyone saying they do not want a Trump supporter as a room mate are really proving everyone right when they say liberals are childish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending