The Student Room Group

Royal College of Art 2017 applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
still nothing, i'm assuming it's a no then..
Original post by msas1
still nothing, i'm assuming it's a no then..

hmm I'm feeling similar, waiting is the worst.

I hadn't seen anyone online mention having an interview for the programme I applied for, so that made me think there's a little bit of hope left but even that feels foolish today.

also this email reply isn't helping.

"The deadline still stands for notification, but please be aware that due to the rate of admissions this deadline may extend slightly beyond the 17th. Either way you will hear shortly from the programme regarding the outcome of your application so please stand by."
Original post by Echo_in_hall
hmm I'm feeling similar, waiting is the worst.

I hadn't seen anyone online mention having an interview for the programme I applied for, so that made me think there's a little bit of hope left but even that feels foolish today.

also this email reply isn't helping.

"The deadline still stands for notification, but please be aware that due to the rate of admissions this deadline may extend slightly beyond the 17th. Either way you will hear shortly from the programme regarding the outcome of your application so please stand by."

I know the feeling, I feel like I've been giving up since Wednesday. Although I've been thinking that I submitted my portfolio late, on January 23rd, maybe the last ones submitted are the last ones to be reviewed?
Reply 43
Hello, there!

I applied for 'Painting' of RCA, and now waiting for the final offer letter for 1 month.

Is there anybody who applied for Painting like me?

I had the skype interview on January, but I haven't hear back anything until now.

If you know about how long it will takes for the final decision after the interview, plz let me know.

Thx!
Original post by PeasandBees
I know the feeling, I feel like I've been giving up since Wednesday. Although I've been thinking that I submitted my portfolio late, on January 23rd, maybe the last ones submitted are the last ones to be reviewed?

That makes sense, they can't review it until they have it and I can't see them skipping earlier applications.
(edited 7 years ago)
has anyone heard from ma womenswear? i know someone who got a rejection. but personally, i applied on 23rd jan and i havent heard ANYTHING
I applied in ma in interior design in the priority admission for which i was supposed to get notified by 17th february 2017
but today is 16th feb 2017, i have not been notified for interview or recieved a mail saying no.
Anybody else sailing in the same boat
Reply 47
Original post by karanparashar
I applied in ma in interior design in the priority admission for which i was supposed to get notified by 17th february 2017
but today is 16th feb 2017, i have not been notified for interview or recieved a mail saying no.

I received an email which said there was a delay. Here is the content:

“Thank you for applying for a course with the School of Design at the Royal College of Art. Due to a high number of applicants we are unfortunately unable to offer you a decision regarding your application.
We are currently reviewing your materials and will contact you shortly regarding you application status. Our sincere apologies for this delay and any distress it may cause. If you have any queries please contact x
Original post by karanparashar

Sorry, not sure if that was a typo or not but today is actually the 18th of Feb. The admissions team probably only work monday-friday so none of us should hear back this weekend, hope everyone has a good weekend.
Original post by catye
I received an email which said there was a delay. Here is the content:

“Thank you for applying for a course with the School of Design at the Royal College of Art. Due to a high number of applicants we are unfortunately unable to offer you a decision regarding your application.
We are currently reviewing your materials and will contact you shortly regarding you application status. Our sincere apologies for this delay and any distress it may cause. If you have any queries please contact x

I bet your heart jumped when you scanned it and read "...we are unfortunately unable to offer you..."
I know mine would!
Reply 50
I bet your heart jumped when you scanned it and read "...we are unfortunately unable to offer you..."
I know mine would!

indeed,nearly cried...
Original post by catye
indeed,nearly cried...

Aw sorry to hear that! Chin up, it could still work out, at least you know they haven't made a decision on yours yet! :h:
Reply 52
Aw sorry to hear that! Chin up, it could still work out, at least you know they haven't made a decision on yours yet! :h:

:smile: thx. That's very kind of you!
Original post by catye
:smile: thx. That's very kind of you!

Whereas I know from my vimeo stats that they looked at 3 of my videos. Its annoying me because I can see they didn't watch at one video in particular which I've been told time and again is my best work. I've slightly less room for hope at this stage :colondollar:
Reply 54
Hello,

I have just received an interview call for the Animation Program. Does anyone know what is expected from the interview and on what basis does the panel accept or reject applicants?

Thanks!
Original post by Ank_ita
Hello,

I have just received an interview call for the Animation Program. Does anyone know what is expected from the interview and on what basis does the panel accept or reject applicants?

Thanks!

They called you to ask for an interview (on the weekend)? Wow, I assumed it would only be monday-friday and by email!

I can't really speak as to what the interview will be like but according to people I know who work on master courses they try and curate a year group that will strengthen one another and keep things lively.

What that means is of course they want to pick the best students they can, but they need to have the potential to grow in that type of institution and be ready and have skills and knowledge to share. They also hope to attract people that will mesh well as a year group.

There will be reasons they won't select a person based on an interview, on the really negative end, they might seem difficult to work with or uninterested/aloof. The applicant could come across as cocky, not open to changing or challenging their approach to their work. I've heard of people not being selected as they present themselves as potentially unprepared to take on a masters degree. You can make good work but if you lack any confidence it could signal you're not ready.

Sometimes it just comes down to the fact the department need to make tough choices and they're unable to offer a place to everyone that merits one.

Consider the fact that if a department has two similar artists who both interviewed well, they're unlikely to take on both and will look at comparing the artists based on work experience, cv, undergrad education records.

Is there anything you're particular nervous about with regard to the interview?
Reply 56
I'm not really sure what to expect, on what topics to specifically prepare on. Would there be a creative test before the interview?
Original post by Ank_ita
I'm not really sure what to expect, on what topics to specifically prepare on. Would there be a creative test before the interview?

Sorry just to clarify, did they ring you today?

I would think its unlikely they would give you a test, I haven't heard of any in the UK for graduate level interviews.
Reply 58
Sorry just to clarify, did they ring you today?

I would think its unlikely they would give you a test, I haven't heard of any in the UK for graduate level interviews.

No, they didn't ring me up. I received and email yesterday. I am an international student from India.
Hi everyone!
I applied to Vis Com and still waiting for the result.
Haven't heard anything till this point and it's slowly starting to kill me inside...:colonhash:
Hope their "slightly delayed" mean that we're gonna get our emails within this week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending