The Student Room Group

BT apprenticeship scheme 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AJD16
How long after your video interview did you get the email to tell you your being considered for a assessment centre?

I was told the same day as the video interview
Anyone been invited for an assessment centre?

Still waiting me.
Reply 22
Original post by WaqarAliShabir
Anyone been invited for an assessment centre?

Still waiting me.

Still waiting to hear back from my video interview never mind assessment centre
Original post by AJD16
Still waiting to hear back from my video interview never mind assessment centre

Heard anything back yet mate?
Reply 24
Heard anything back yet mate?

Got same email as you about being considered for a assessment centre just a waiting game now
Original post by AJD16
Got same email as you about being considered for a assessment centre just a waiting game now

Congrats for passing the video interview stage. I think we will be given an update next week.
Just got an email today saying that we are pleased to say that you haves the video interview but at this moment we can't progress your application due to their not being any vacancies in your location.

Everything gone down the drain. :frown:

Anyone else got an update
I recently did my video interview and got a reply the same day saying they are progressing my application to the next stage

We're pleased to tell you that you've passed our initial screening. We're progressing your application for the BT Apprentice Programme to the next stage of the recruitment process, which is where we consider your application against others for an Assessment Centre.
Reply 28
Just got an email today saying that we are pleased to say that you haves the video interview but at this moment we can't progress your application due to their not being any vacancies in your location.

Everything gone down the drain. :frown:

Anyone else got an update

What location are you based and which area had you applied for?
Original post by AJD16
What location are you based and which area had you applied for?

TSO IT NETWORKS - MANCHESTER

So unhappy I wasn't successful. Hope a vacancy becomes available in sha Allah.
I got through to the video interview stage but after hearing about people getting basically screened out over distance I messaged the recruiting team. Turns out if you live more than 25 miles out then your application will be put on hold until there is ever a position closer. So stupid to get this far and get told that now just for the sake that I live an extra 10 minutes away from that.
Hi Everyone,

So I'm at the video interview stage at the moment and feeling a little nervous about it as it's first time doing one.

Is there any chance somebody could give me some tips/advice on what I should expect and do in the interview.

Are the questions the common interview ones like why you want work for us, what motivates you etc.. or are they more specific?

What's the best way to prepare your responses to the questions?

Thanks guys!
Original post by itzconnorx
Hi Everyone,

So I'm at the video interview stage at the moment and feeling a little nervous about it as it's first time doing one.

Is there any chance somebody could give me some tips/advice on what I should expect and do in the interview.

Are the questions the common interview ones like why you want work for us, what motivates you etc.. or are they more specific?

What's the best way to prepare your responses to the questions?

Thanks guys!

Those kind of questions.. yes. bit more specific but cannot remember off the top of my head, did it maybe 3 weeks ago.. waiting to hear back! just dont panic, prepare yourself for things like "tell us a bit about yourself", "why do you want to work for BT" etcc
I passed the video interview. I am now currently waiting to hear from them about assessment centre. I applied for cyber security in Ipswich.
Original post by GeorgeSY1
Those kind of questions.. yes. bit more specific but cannot remember off the top of my head, did it maybe 3 weeks ago.. waiting to hear back! just dont panic, prepare yourself for things like "tell us a bit about yourself", "why do you want to work for BT" etcc

Thanks for your reply.

I wouldn't want to know the specific questions as this isn't fair on the others who are taking part.

If you mess up on a question and want to redo it, is there an option to do this?
Reply 35
Thanks for your reply.

I wouldn't want to know the specific questions as this isn't fair on the others who are taking part.

If you mess up on a question and want to redo it, is there an option to do this?

The questions are further up the thread read all the past comments
Original post by AJD16
The questions are further up the thread read all the past comments

Thanks for letting me know! It was very useful.

I did my video interview on Sunday, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Most people who done the video interview, had a response the same day, so I'm panicking a bit. If I don't hear anything, does this mean I've failed ?

Thanks guys!
Ive just applied and have passed the personality test and now have the video interview for Engineering. Nervous as its my first one too. Ive applied for the one in Leicester. Anyone else doing engineering?
Reply 38
Thanks for letting me know! It was very useful.

I did my video interview on Sunday, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Most people who done the video interview, had a response the same day, so I'm panicking a bit. If I don't hear anything, does this mean I've failed ?

Thanks guys!

I did mine on Sunday as well, haven't heard anything back yet either. It said on the website that they will get back to us within a week supposedly.
Original post by CG5939
I did mine on Sunday as well, haven't heard anything back yet either. It said on the website that they will get back to us within a week supposedly.

Hi,

BT got back to me yesterday and I passed it, they are now considering me for an assessment centre.

I hope you had good news as well! :smile:

For those who are nervous about the video interview. Private Message me and I'll give you a few tips that may help you.

Goodluck to everyone with their applications!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending