The Student Room Group
Original post by superhayes
Should I study business with Arden university? Have been offered a place and home studysuits well. I am a mature student and looking to grow my own businesses however want to be very employable if my own don't go to plan. I am looking at business (marketing), busies (finance) or business (hr) business marketing interests me the most.

I wouldn't if I were you. It is not a proper university, it is a business. If you want to study via distance learning then stick to the Open University or the University of London International Programme.
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply mate. I'm slightly confused as what is best as the degree with Arden university is CIM accredited and is funded by student finance.Arden have entry requiremens where as open uni don't. Any other thoughts or experience with Arden or open uni anyone? Also like the sound of phycology but I don't think it offers as many options afterwards especially in a small town in the south west of England 🤔
Thanks for your reply mate. I'm slightly confused as what is best as the degree with Arden university is CIM accredited and is funded by student finance.Arden have entry requiremens where as open uni don't. Any other thoughts or experience with Arden or open uni anyone? Also like the sound of phycology but I don't think it offers as many options afterwards especially in a small town in the south west of England 🤔

The government have given the green light to various businesses to start offering degrees, which is why you can get student finance. But hardly anybody has heard of it, and those that have do not have many positive things to say about it. The OU has a long and well established track record, so if you want employers to recognise your degree, I would opt for the OU (or London), not Arden.
Reply 4
Great response thank you definitely helps me decide! What is the London one? Any other input/experiences anyone?
Great response thank you definitely helps me decide! What is the London one? Any other input/experiences anyone?

http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/courses/search/?solrsort=sort_title%20asc&filters=%20tid%3A557
Hello @Snufkin,

Thank you for recommending the University of London International Programmes.

@superhayes, my name is Rachel and I am one of the reps for the University of London International Programmes. I would be happy to provide with you with some further information about studying with us.

The International Programmes is the world’s oldest provider of distance and flexible learning with a prestigious global reputation. We currently support over 50,000 students in more than 180 countries worldwide.

Suiting your interests, we offer courses in Business Administration with Marketing (BSc) and Business Administration with Human Resource Management (BSc) with academic direction provided by Royal Holloway University of London.

You might also be interested in our BSc in Business and Management with academic direction from the highly regarded London School of Economics (LSE).

If you would like some further advice about your study options, you are free to contact our Alumni Ambassadors whom you can search for by subject area, or leave us your questions here.

Look forward to hearing back from you!

Rachel
Reply 7
Original post by University of London International Programmes
Hello @Snufkin,

Thank you for recommending the University of London International Programmes.

@superhayes, my name is Rachel and I am one of the reps for the University of London International Programmes. I would be happy to provide with you with some further information about studying with us.

The International Programmes is the world’s oldest provider of distance and flexible learning with a prestigious global reputation. We currently support over 50,000 students in more than 180 countries worldwide.

Suiting your interests, we offer courses in Business Administration with Marketing (BSc) and Business Administration with Human Resource Management (BSc) with academic direction provided by Royal Holloway University of London.

You might also be interested in our BSc in Business and Management with academic direction from the highly regarded London School of Economics (LSE).

If you would like some further advice about your study options, you are free to contact our Alumni Ambassadors whom you can search for by subject area, or leave us your questions here.

Look forward to hearing back from you!

Rachel

Hi Rachael many thanks for your reply to the thread. I would like to apply however the £88 fee seems a little excessive. I have been offered a place with Arden and they didn't charge an application fee. I am very interested in studying with you and want to do so through Student finance England, however I think the application fee is odd. Regards
Hello @Superhayes,

Congratulations on your offer to study with Arden! We wanted to help your decision by providing some information on Arden and clarifying a few points mentioned in this thread.

@snufkin is right that the government has announced changes that may make it easier for education providers to gain university status. These changes haven’t come into place yet and Arden became a University in August 2015 before this announcement was made. We have over 27 years’ experience in providing high-quality online education to people all over the world. Here's a brief video that explains our journey from providing flexible online learning in partnership with established universities, to being awarded full University title in our own right and becoming Arden University. https://youtu.be/-pRxkXdil9k

Our University status reflects the government’s confidence that our academic standards, financial status, and governance structure meet the stringent criteria required for the university title. Like all the UK universities, our quality and standards are regularly reviewed by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA). Our most recent annual monitoring review received a commendable outcome, which demonstrates that we are continuing to maintain the required academic standards and to enhance the quality of the learning opportunities we provide to our students. You can read the report on our institution profile on the QAA website.

As you have mentioned, our business courses are accredited by the Chartered Management Institute. Many more of our courses have professional accreditations from bodies such as BPS, CIM and APM which means you can be sure your qualification is meeting industry standards, and will be valued by employers globally.

We want people to benefit from modern, accessible and flexible ways of learning that truly support their career ambition. You can read some testimonials from our students and some of our student reps will be becoming active on TSR soon so you can speak with them directly about their experiences studying here.

We hope this helps a little with your decision, please let us know if we can answer any more questions for you.
Hi Rachael many thanks for your reply to the thread. I would like to apply however the £88 fee seems a little excessive. I have been offered a place with Arden and they didn't charge an application fee. I am very interested in studying with you and want to do so through Student finance England, however I think the application fee is odd. Regards

Hi Superhayes,

Our Application Fee covers the cost of processing your application. Please note that when making an application to one of our undergraduate programmes, your application will be valid for 3 years without a new application having to be made.

If you submit an application and you are not automatically eligible, the fee also covers advice given directly from our Admissions Panel as to what qualifications you can take to meet the eligibility requirements. We never reject an application without providing an advice letter outlining what qualifications you can obtain in order to become eligible. This decision from the Admissions Panel is also valid for 3 years so you have time to meet the requirements for entry without needing to re-apply and pay another fee.

If you would like to discuss your case in more detail, we are happy to answer your questions via this link: https://enquiries.londoninternational.ac.uk/login/newuserform.aspx?

We look forward to hearing from you.
(edited 7 years ago)

Hi Superhayes,

Our Application Fee covers the cost of processing your application. Please note that when making an application to one of our undergraduate programmes, your application will be valid for 3 years without a new application having to be made.

We also never reject any applications made for our programmes. If you submit an application and you are not automatically eligible, the fee also covers advice given directly from our Admissions Panel as to what qualifications you can take to meet the eligibility requirements. This decision from the Admissions Panel is also valid for 3 years so you have time to meet the requirements for entry without needing to re-apply and pay another fee.

If you would like to discuss your case in more detail, we are happy to answer your questions via this link: https://enquiries.londoninternational.ac.uk/login/newuserform.aspx?

We look forward to hearing from you.
Reply 11
Original post by Ex-Official rep
Hello @Superhayes,

Congratulations on your offer to study with Arden! We wanted to help your decision by providing some information on Arden and clarifying a few points mentioned in this thread.

@snufkin is right that the government has announced changes that may make it easier for education providers to gain university status. These changes haven’t come into place yet and Arden became a University in August 2015 before this announcement was made. We have over 27 years’ experience in providing high-quality online education to people all over the world. Here's a brief video that explains our journey from providing flexible online learning in partnership with established universities, to being awarded full University title in our own right and becoming Arden University. https://youtu.be/-pRxkXdil9k

Our University status reflects the government’s confidence that our academic standards, financial status, and governance structure meet the stringent criteria required for the university title. Like all the UK universities, our quality and standards are regularly reviewed by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA). Our most recent annual monitoring review received a commendable outcome, which demonstrates that we are continuing to maintain the required academic standards and to enhance the quality of the learning opportunities we provide to our students. You can read the report on our institution profile on the QAA website.

As you have mentioned, our business courses are accredited by the Chartered Management Institute. Many more of our courses have professional accreditations from bodies such as BPS, CIM and APM which means you can be sure your qualification is meeting industry standards, and will be valued by employers globally.

We want people to benefit from modern, accessible and flexible ways of learning that truly support their career ambition. You can read some testimonials from our students and some of our student reps will be becoming active on TSR soon so you can speak with them directly about their experiences studying here.

We hope this helps a little with your decision, please let us know if we can answer any more questions for you.

Thank you for this response, as some of us who have just joined Arden get discouraged. People should understand that even those old universities started like you. What matters is to deliver the best service and best education to students.

Latest

Trending

Trending