The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've also applied but not heard anything - think it varies quite a bit based on the size of the campaign/response... Hopefully soon!
Hi I have applied and still waiting. Application says online test complete. I have also applied for a hidden economy role that I have had an interview for but no response as yet. Checking portal all the time.
Reply 3
I also applied for the hidden economy! Someone on here applied for Belfast and found out last week... I was so glued to my emails I ended up emailing them this morning to find out when they'd be emailing out results and they said in the next 5 working days. So frantic email checking has continued! Which office are you hoping for orangepop?
Original post by Orangepop
Hi I have applied and still waiting. Application says online test complete. I have also applied for a hidden economy role that I have had an interview for but no response as yet. Checking portal all the time.

I'm in this exact same position. Interviewed for Hidden Economy and applied for this and am waiting to hear back about both.
So glad it is not just me!! I am applying for Cardiff. You? How did you find the interview? I was happy with the role play, but the interview threw me a little as I thought I would be questioned on my own experiences rather than "what would you do in this situation". Also interview was over really quickly - not sure that's a good sign!!!
I was also happy with the role play but they didn't tell me which competencies the questions were examining in the interview so I wasn't necessarily sure how to answer.

Not sure overall. I'm going to be checking loads now I know its the next 5 days though.
Reply 7
Exactly the same- applying for Cardiff. I thought the role play went well, but the interview really threw me. I had an interview for the criminal investigations role in September and got put on the reserve list - I was expecting the interview to be the same as that 'tell me a time when'.. So I was ridiculously flustered and don't think it went great. Would like them to put me out of my misery soon...
I did wonder if a new forum was going to appear about this vacancy. I've been talking on the other forum post about the previous Caseworker intake.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3625877

I wouldn't expect your sift results to appear immediately after the closing date. It does take a while to go through them all - given that the O/HO Caseworker recruitment had almost 6000 people applying for it, of which about half were interviewed.

Good luck to you all though :smile:
5 working days is at least a timescale. I'm asking on behalf of someone else. I already work there if anyone has any questions I'll try and chip in when I can.
Original post by insertusernme
Has anybody put in for these jobs and know when the results might be released. The application and tests closed 11th Feb, how long does it normally take for results to be released

This is the timeline given in the advert:

Online Test - 27th January 2016 to midnight 11th February 2016.
Sift - Begin mid February 2016.
Interviews - March 2016.
The FAQ ( Q33) states that the first appointments are planned from June 2016 onwards.

So we should be hearing shortly regarding the paper sift, provided they stick to what was advertised
Original post by aragbusa
This is the timeline given in the advert:

Online Test - 27th January 2016 to midnight 11th February 2016.
Sift - Begin mid February 2016.
Interviews - March 2016.
The FAQ ( Q33) states that the first appointments are planned from June 2016 onwards.

So we should be hearing shortly regarding the paper sift, provided they stick to what was advertised

4000 made it through to sifting which will be completed by the 9th March. So results will be released shortly after that.
Original post by Mega0448
4000 made it through to sifting which will be completed by the 9th March. So results will be released shortly after that.

Did you ask them via email when they would get back to us ?
Original post by Joey952
Did you ask them via email when they would get back to us ?

I work at HMRC and know someone who is sifting. They told me.
Hi all,

Sharing some good news - I was given a provisional offer for the Hidden Economy job today. Has anybody else had any news? I am in a bit of a dilemma now as to whether to withdraw my application for the HO position? What do you think?
Reply 15
Original post by Orangepop
Hi all,

Sharing some good news - I was given a provisional offer for the Hidden Economy job today. Has anybody else had any news? I am in a bit of a dilemma now as to whether to withdraw my application for the HO position? What do you think?

Are you Cardiff as well? I got a provisional offer this morning too! Congratulations. I'm going to withdraw my application for the HO, I really wanted this job so I'm over the moon!
Original post by RhianC3
Are you Cardiff as well? I got a provisional offer this morning too! Congratulations. I'm going to withdraw my application for the HO, I really wanted this job so I'm over the moon!

Just caught your other post on the other thread. Yes I am in Cardiff - I was thinking of you and so glad you got the post too. I think I am going to withdraw as well - I like the sound of this job, and although the other one is higher grade I think I would be very happy with this.

Can't wait now for a start date.
Reply 17
Yes me too- as soon as I got my offer I was on here to see if others had had theirs!

This job sounds amazing.. The HO one would be good for the pay but sounds more office based? I love the sound of this one, being out and about and going on 'visits'.

What day did you interview on? I was Monday PM. They had 10 places and 10 interview slots... I wondered if it would be 1 from each or just whoever performed best.

I'm in work now and too happy/excited to concentrate!
Original post by RhianC3
Yes me too- as soon as I got my offer I was on here to see if others had had theirs!

This job sounds amazing.. The HO one would be good for the pay but sounds more office based? I love the sound of this one, being out and about and going on 'visits'.

What day did you interview on? I was Monday PM. They had 10 places and 10 interview slots... I wondered if it would be 1 from each or just whoever performed best.

I'm in work now and too happy/excited to concentrate!

I agree, this job does sound much more interesting. I asked the interviewer about his thoughts on the job and he said there was so much variety in the work and that it was much better than the other jobs he had done in HMRC.

My interview was Thursday afternoon, I didn't realise there were only ten positions.

I am in work as well, too happy to think about anything else - they won't be getting value for money from me today I am afraid! Do you live close to the office?
Reply 19
I live on the other side of Cardiff - in the Vale. How about you?

Yeah, only 10 spots for Cardiff! Well done us :smile: I really had no idea how to judge it... And If I'd have guessed I would have said I probably didn't get it, so pleasantly surprised!

Latest

Trending

Trending