The Student Room Group

Volunteering at Rainbows/Brownies

Hi I am now a volunteer at my little sisters Brownies group.

My own sister is 7 so has just moved from Rainbows to Brownies so having me there may help settle her nerves, we get along so well but I want her to interact with other kids her own age.

I am still a leader at the Rainbows group Cailyn (my sister) has left and my main task are: helping the girls with all main tasks, and whilst on camping trips, I help at bedtime and with tying shoe laces and zipping up their jackets.

I am also responsible for zipping up my sisters jacket too because she can't do it herself yet.
Original post by Highland Ellen
Hi I am now a volunteer at my little sisters Brownies group.

My own sister is 7 so has just moved from Rainbows to Brownies so having me there may help settle her nerves, we get along so well but I want her to interact with other kids her own age.

I am still a leader at the Rainbows group Cailyn (my sister) has left and my main task are: helping the girls with all main tasks, and whilst on camping trips, I help at bedtime and with tying shoe laces and zipping up their jackets.

I am also responsible for zipping up my sisters jacket too because she can't do it herself yet.

Sorry, did you have a question? :tongue: If you're worried about your sister, it'll definitely help having you there I think. Just encourage her to interact with everyone else instead of sticking with you too much. Even take her and introduce her to some of the girls if she's struggling

Sounds like fun volunteering though :smile:
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Sorry, did you have a question? :tongue: If you're worried about your sister, it'll definitely help having you there I think. Just encourage her to interact with everyone else instead of sticking with you too much. Even take her and introduce her to some of the girls if she's struggling

Sounds like fun volunteering though :smile:

I agree
Reply 3
Heyy, do you mind me asking how you got that position? Did you just contact your local rainbows to ask about volunteering? And is there anything you need to do in or fill in so that you can be accepted by them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by April_x
Heyy, do you mind me asking how you got that position? Did you just contact your local rainbows to ask about volunteering? And is there anything you need to do in or fill in so that you can be accepted by them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you go onto the girlguiding website and go onto the "join us" section, you do it all (enter your details etc) on there and then someone should contact you to organise a unit for you to volunteer at.
Reply 5
Original post by Emma:-)
If you go onto the girlguiding website and go onto the "join us" section, you do it all (enter your details etc) on there and then someone should contact you to organise a unit for you to volunteer at.

Ooh ok thank you! I'll have to take a look at that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending